Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

No worries, that Stockholm series is very close to what I am looking for, but many of the other choices are too expensive for me...

BTW I bought the Ph5 lamp from Light + Form Concepts at 341 Balestier, bargained it down to $300, energy saving 11W bulb included.

Now the main thing is the dining table.... sigh....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ikea-stockholm-coffee-table__56170_PE161580_S4.jpg

How about this Ikea coffee table ($399)? It's got a mid-century vibe to it as well, somewhat reminiscent of the Eames Elliptical table, though more inclined towards the Scandinavian look.

Yeah, this coffee table is nice and got the look you mentioned. Nice to have ikea producing pieces like this :yamseng:

Defelio: Found magnetic primer! Selfix at Vivocity basement (opposite Giant). It's quite pricey tho, $80++ for one bottle. It's just next to the chalkboard paint on the bottom-most shelf where the different types of paints are.

Defelio: Found magnetic primer! Selfix at Vivocity basement (opposite Giant). It's quite pricey tho, $80++ for one bottle. It's just next to the chalkboard paint on the bottom-most shelf where the different types of paints are.

Whoa thanks! Damm that's the same price as my tile paint.. :bangwall: Any idea what brand is it? Guess that I will need to repaint the chalkboard paint over it as you mentioned that it is a magnetic primer.

Ok, I found this.... what do you all think?

IMG_0259.jpg

And this:

D98A1FBF.jpg

Nice and clean! I prefer this than the ikea piece.

The side table cum magazine rack is one piece that we had consider before which we KIV.

Go comfort design Ubi/Eunos (main branch) to have a look and check out the links shared by Adidaem. Comfort design is consider cheaper as compared to the other famous furniture shops but must be careful about the workmanship, we gave up on the eames lounge chair after changing it a few times(blessing in disguise as we prefer out cosy Papa chair :rolleyes: )

Check out eggthree which is above grafunkt at playfair road also k.

Edited by Defelio

Whoa thanks! Damm that's the same price as my tile paint.. :bangwall: Any idea what brand is it? Guess that I will need to repaint the chalkboard paint over it as you mentioned that it is a magnetic primer.

Rust-o-leum.

020066193652xl.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Rustoleum-247596-Rust-Oleum-Magnetic-Primer/dp/B003ZW7XL4

Considering the Eames coffee table:

Oak or Walnut

(my carpet is a dark brown I reckon)

Eames-walnut-coffee-table-1.png

CT5078-PV002-pic1_z.jpg

I can't decide for ya as need to see the rest of the place and pieces. Mostly darker or lighter tone?

Considering the Eames coffee table:

Oak or Walnut

(my carpet is a dark brown I reckon)

Why not do up a mood board to help you with your colour/furniture decisions? I did one each for my dining and living room and I think the mood boards were really helpful in terms of visualising for colour and furniture selection.

Wow mood board, I had to google that ;) never heard of it....

Well actually I have most of the living / dining hall in brown... Yep safe color... I.e. Walnut.

I have yet to post my own thread yet, but the feature wall is walnut, so is the console, with a central 2m square white space for mounting the tv ..

Eames lounge chair, Hans Wegner wishbone chairs, 'The Chair' and such pieces (posted in the Theme sub forum)..

I am likely to get the Hans W dining table but the coffee table could be too large for the space as it is a 'Mickey mouse' apartment with a total hall size of 5.9 m long by 3 m...

The Eames PCW coffee table can range from 4xx to 6xx depending on the source. Studio 1961 is an online company which offers the lowest prices but you need to email them and discuss what you want.

Most places will need you to wait 2 months or so for the table to be made.

The Eames PCW coffee table can range from 4xx to 6xx depending on the source. Studio 1961 is an online company which offers the lowest prices but you need to email them and discuss what you want.

Most places will need you to wait 2 months or so for the table to be made.

Ic i will check studio 1961.. Thanks :)