Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Defelio

My Mini Mid-Century Modern Home

Oh how did strikingreality tip you off?? :unsure: Xtra selling for around high 2s or low 3s.

The small figurine is the Little Prince and he's helping taking care of the key to the payphone. :)

I remember seeing it and just told him about it while blog surfing. Nothing dodgy. I just remember things I see. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Defelio,

Nice kitchen you have there! Mine will be similar to this. Just that my wood grains will be horizontal, and I do not have the luxury of having such a long "bar counter". Mine will probably be a meter due to the bomb shelter =(

The idea of running the wood surface all e way to the ceiling is cool!!

My new place will be at Punggol, I guess the floor plan is very similar. Noticed that you have an air con in the living room. Would like to check the Btu of the blower unit? I plan to get a blower unit for the living room too, but worried that it might not be strong enuff to cool kitchen, living, and the walkway to the rooms. Can share?

Thanks a mil!

Hi A1sh1teru, well at least your living room will be longer right since the bomb shelter is beside the toilet if I've guessed right.

The 24k BTU model which cost $50-$100 more than 21k/22k(can't really recall). I like this as it is able to control the vertical vanes(horizontal air movement) on top of the usual horizontal vanes. As for the kitchen, it's cooler but not like cold cold sitting in front of the aircon. We need to close off the rooms' door and especially the service yard door while the window panes in the kitchen are left ajar. I believe it would be better if the aircon is position in the middle of my brick wall blowing towards the walkway / dining area but laying the trunking would be too far and dunno what the air con installer smoke me... :huh: Do take note that the drainage pipes must be laid in a sloping manner within the trunking towards the end of the pipe(toilet drain or etc).

It should be one of the picture you posted in the earlier pages showing the Matthew Fan company. With that price, it is out of my budget.

Just kaypoh-ing, is it silently strong coz really luv the design?

Nice photos, can see that you are not just an "ordinary" PP photographer :yamseng:

lol no problem =)

Copied from their brochure

The Acqua offers fluid lines and quiet axial rotation. The motor heads can be infinitely positioned in 180-degree arcs for optimum air movement; the greater the angles of the motors to the horizontal support rods (up or down), the faster the axial rotation. A slow, controlled axial rotation is achieved by both motor head position and fan blade speed. Matthews rotational fans circulate heat and air-conditioning more efficiently than traditional paddle fans."

We keep it @ medium speed and it still able to rock my mirror, I placed a long piece of foam to prevent it from banging the wall. Yes it pretty quiet too at.

Sorry, may I know what is PP?

Hi A1sh1teru, well at least your living room will be longer right since the bomb shelter is beside the toilet if I've guessed right.

The 24k BTU model which cost $50-$100 more than 21k/22k(can't really recall). I like this as it is able to control the vertical vanes(horizontal air movement) on top of the usual horizontal vanes. As for the kitchen, it's cooler but not like cold cold sitting in front of the aircon. We need to close off the rooms' door and especially the service yard door while the window panes in the kitchen are left ajar. I believe it would be better if the aircon is position in the middle of my brick wall blowing towards the walkway / dining area but laying the trunking would be too far and dunno what the air con installer smoke me... :huh: Do take note that the drainage pipes must be laid in a sloping manner within the trunking towards the end of the pipe(toilet drain or etc).

Yeah, my living room is much longer. Though it gives depth feel, I kinda feel that the space is wasted unnecessarily. And my dining area beside the bomb shelter is so tiny. Guess it will have to 'stick-out' into the living room area.

Thanks for the info on the air-con =) greatly appreciated.

Hi Defelio,

Nice home! I actually got inspired by the beauty of your house and have engaged Douglas for my project.

I am too busy to start a blog but it was through your blog and Douglas's professionalism that has won me over.

Thanks for sharing your thread! I am sure many more will be inspired!

One last thing, those that engaged Douglas will not regret because i have went through numerous renovations but till date Douglas is thus far the best!

Hi Shamgar,

Thank you very much. Project as in your home and not your business right?? I should start to ask Douglas for referral fee! :sport-smiley-004:

I heard alot of ppl enquire but nvr sign with him due to price but they like him. He did show me one of his client's place very nice! Are you the one with the industrial style?

I can't say he is the best cause it's our first time but definitely we would love to work with him provided his prices are average(he still needs to earn). I can say he is very responsible kind of person and won't push the blame away or will try to resolve it something like that. Paying for such service is worth it and I have lesser headache. :good:

I remember seeing it and just told him about it while blog surfing. Nothing dodgy. I just remember things I see. :)

lol no problem, You got terrific memory! =)

Really enjoyed looking at ur home! cozy feeling. Now makes me re-think what concept i wan for my new home.. -.-'''' STRESSED!

Thanks, I know how it feels... Do more research online and magazines helps alot. Check out these few:

Lookbook

Home and Decor

Decorations

Interiors Ideas Solutions

Cubes.

:yamseng:

Yeah, my living room is much longer. Though it gives depth feel, I kinda feel that the space is wasted unnecessarily. And my dining area beside the bomb shelter is so tiny. Guess it will have to 'stick-out' into the living room area.

Thanks for the info on the air-con =) greatly appreciated.

I can't recall the aircon guide I read about last time as all my 'favorites' are gone due to my old hdd crashing on my new system..

How about dining by the window and sofa by the bomb shelter?? Play around with the furniture and swap it around.

Hi Defelio,

I see u make an open concept for ur kitchen.btw did u hacked the wall fully and make a false wall or hacked the wall halfway only. I wish to make open concept as urs but contractor said must hack the wall fully and make a false wall. I just wander if I don need to hack all and don need to built a false wall can save $ am I right?

My missy got it online. I know there are some shops selling it, Clementi mall level 1 or 2 got this shop selling alot of homey stuffs, Ion level 3 selling more upscale stuffs. The sad thing is the speaker is faulty and I need to find one to replace it. :furious:

Speaker for e phone? Wah.. How to find one to replace? But r u really using this phone to make calls? Or juz for deco? Haa