Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Drexter

Our Home

Aircon water leakage detected yesterday when the flooring guys lay the lamintaed flooring! This Gain City technician came to our house to rectify the problem. Reconnect the water pipes. Told him to test, he say cannot test, he told me test already cannot wrap back my aircon, no more plastic bags. WTF! In the end, he test by pouring water on the aircon vent. Is it ok to pour water directly on the aircon vent? Arrghh...

269952_10150363743124778_589364777_10181910_5581276_n.jpg?dl=1

It's fortunate that the carpentry work has not started at this area. I cannot imagine it leaks after the cabinet is installed. Who is going to pay for the damage?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yikes, my air con was also done by Gain City.

Fingers crossed, hope yours is truly fixed..

I hope so. I am going to tell them to change the wooden board too.

It's fortunate that the carpentry work has not started at this area. I cannot imagine it leaks after the cabinet is installed. Who is going to pay for the damage?

oh gosh. my mister and i just purchased our air con from Gain City.

hope your leaking problem is truly rectified.

oh gosh. my mister and i just purchased our air con from Gain City.

hope your leaking problem is truly rectified.

Just called them today and requested for change of the wooden board and conduct a thorough test. They will send the guys down on Wednesday 6pm-8pm. Everything must be ok before I proceed with my carpentry.

Aircon water leakage detected yesterday when the flooring guys lay the lamintaed flooring! This Gain City technician came to our house to rectify the problem. Reconnect the water pipes. Told him to test, he say cannot test, he told me test already cannot wrap back my aircon, no more plastic bags. WTF! In the end, he test by pouring water on the aircon vent. Is it ok to pour water directly on the aircon vent? Arrghh...

I have had two sets installed by Gain City over the last 5 years with no issues on wither set that had been detected. Think it is just an unlucky case.

Yep you can pour water directly in to the faincoil to test for pipe leakage. When I took my Mit HI fancoil apart, the electrics were on the side by the on button, the rest was just piping, the heat exchanger (lots of metal fins), the rotary fan and a water tray and drainage pipe.

Condensation forms on the fins as the warm air is cooled and drips down in to the bottom water tray and then away through the drainage pipe. Pouring water directly on to the heat exchanger is just a more 'intense' version of that. Pouring water straight in to the drainage water tray is the same. Should be no issue to the fancoil if the piping is done correctly and as long as the electrics are kept dry.

RB

I had my previous air con installed by Gain City and you know what? They stashed newspapers inside the trunking :curse: and for the past 10 years prior to my recent renovation, I had replaced 4-5 compressors and upteem times repairing the FCU!! I had a topic in this forum discussing my experience with GC's poor workmanship!! Infact, my ID had also warned me about using GC's services due to similar bad experience. That's why I have no hesitation when he recommended me a reliable source.

do we need to on electricity for them to install the AIRCON cos my new hse i haven on electricity and water yet.

what stuffs do i have to look out when installing aircon?

sorry first hse first time:)

many thanks

Edited by littlejun

do we need to on electricity for them to install the AIRCON cos my new hse i haven on electricity and water yet.

many thanks

It is better that u on your electricity before they come. Cos its better to do a full test before they leave. What if it's not working? Hassle hassle!!

many thanks

Will be difficult for them to use drills to fix the aircon brackets and fancoils to the walls without power ;).

RB

Haiz.. Enuff of my aircon issue, just hope they do a good job on this Wednesday.

Take a look at my tiny store room. :)

271900_10150363521564778_589364777_10179110_7662605_o.jpg

266373_10150363522049778_589364777_10179113_2728886_o.jpg

Nope, it's for my master bedroom. Cos wife has sinus and heard good reviews to help relief sinus.

Humidifier for air-con room, as it is usually very dry. We hope to get a 2in1 that comes with a air purifier. No electronics in the master bedroom.

hey bro i'd say why not you live in your house for a while to decide whether you want to get an air purifier with humidifier.

i have very bad sinus problem too so was initially thinking of getting that, but after living at my home for a few months, i will NEVER get anything close to a humidifier becos my place is simply too humid~! :( i feel that in aircon room it is just fine~ now i'm looking at air purifier without humidifier feature.

just my $0.02 for your consideration la~ ;)