Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello..

anyone can recommend some good contractor for new doors for the 3 rooms + 2 toilet doors?

Hopefully can get somewhere in the north like AMK, Wdl, Yishun, or serangoon.

I been to AMK, there is one shop doing doors near the MS Color but last week went again and it has been closed down :furious:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

May I know what kind of doors you are looking for? or just need to check all the types out first? Hardly any major door supplier has showroom or sthop at residential area. Contractors or renovation shops alot but they are not the door supplier themselves, meaning more expensive.

Hello..

anyone can recommend some good contractor for new doors for the 3 rooms + 2 toilet doors?

Hopefully can get somewhere in the north like AMK, Wdl, Yishun, or serangoon.

I been to AMK, there is one shop doing doors near the MS Color but last week went again and it has been closed down :furious:

Get from Yontat. They sell you door at contractor price. They sell solid wood door at $260 inclusive of a Yale handle and semi-solid wood door at $210 inclusive of a Yale handle. There is 9 designs to choose from in their warehouse. However, take note that their staff is rather rude....

Hi endlssorrow,

I've uploaded photographs of YONTAT DOORS under my thread here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40652&st=0&p=637251&fromsearch=1entry637251

If u r interested, u can take a look at some of the photographs & read thru some of their practices with clients, esp on installation fees.

they've not installed the bedroom door for me yet; supposed to be sometime next week. I'll upload photos of the installation process & the door they deliver to me when they r available.

As for toilets doors, I would like to make a personal recommendation of HAN FONG ALUMINIUM @ ang mo kio. u can take a look at 2 other threads I uploaded on what they did for our home.

Edited by edenstrauss

Anyone tried doctorsdoors? They hv the colour I want for the doors So I considering.. Their bifold doors, glass n windows prices r very attractive.. But pls share if the quality is gd???

Anyone tried doctorsdoors? They hv the colour I want for the doors So I considering.. Their bifold doors, glass n windows prices r very attractive.. But pls share if the quality is gd???

I'm engaging them to change my bedroom doors. I found the prices quite ok, and compared to Yon Tat, they're waiting time is shorter. Called Yon Tat before also, but they say can only install 1 month later.

So far my issue with doctor door is:

1. The sales person doesn't seem keen on the business (i think someone mentioned this before in another thread)

2. They can only confirm with you the timing for installation 1day before the installation date

My installation will be on this coming week. crossing finger hoping everything will go well.

I'll update again on the quality once it's installed.

Hi all,

I'm engaging HAN FONG ALUMINIUM to do the bi-fold door. Didn't check the others but I trust RT forumers to do the QC for me.

They are coming to do the measurement later.

I'm engaging them to change my bedroom doors. I found the prices quite ok, and compared to Yon Tat, they're waiting time is shorter. Called Yon Tat before also, but they say can only install 1 month later.

So far my issue with doctor door is:

1. The sales person doesn't seem keen on the business (i think someone mentioned this before in another thread)

2. They can only confirm with you the timing for installation 1day before the installation date

My installation will be on this coming week. crossing finger hoping everything will go well.

I'll update again on the quality once it's installed.

Hello... I need to wait till after CNY if i get Yon Tat to come.

I have decided to get Doctor doors to come and take the measurement for my bedroom doors. Is there any feedback from anyone who used them before?

Hello... I need to wait till after CNY if i get Yon Tat to come.

I have decided to get Doctor doors to come and take the measurement for my bedroom doors. Is there any feedback from anyone who used them before?

Finally installation is done today. One Indian worker came and did the 3 doors all by himself. Will post the pics later when everything is done up :yamseng:

I've also just finished replacing the window grilles and doors at my place in which the contractor gave very good service. Compared a few quotes and realized that theirs are still most worth the value. Did new window grilles for my whole house for the sake of safety for my 3 children at home. They even helped to check and lubricated all my windows' hinges without additional charges. Very sincere contractor. Below is his contact:-

Louis from www.windowgrillessg.com (HP: 9672 0326 / 9100 6846)

Any electricians to recommend?

HI Unifire, how is the outcome from your door installation with Ho ho engineering? I engaged them to replace my door prior to checking the review online , now so worried coz so many bad review about their workmanship and lousy quality of door , weird thing is that the deposit receipt showing company which is located in JB , my bad that I was in rush and didn't pay attention at all on the address , sighhh so worry now

@ Yukiari, you could try to cancel your order and try to recover your deposit. However it will be a tricky process. Alternatively you can proceed ahead with Ho Engineering. You will just have to monitor their works closely when they are carrying out. Even if the quality of door is lousy, ensure the workmanship is alright. Make sure the doors close properly and proper installation will mean that your door sits in nicely with the frames. Had bad experience previously with another door company where the workmanship was so poor that the door did not close properly and shake.