Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

no solid top for brekkie counter?

Ya, actually I would like to have solid top for my breakfast counter but pocket not deep enough to do. Alternatively, I find laminate wood an good option and substitute. After installing, I love the effect too :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Latest Updates :sport-smiley-004: Solid top done ... Finally, the Kitchen cabinet is 100% completed!:sport-smiley-018: Kitchen sink done Pict044.jpg Ariston Hob and Deliza hood installed PZ004.jpg Ariston build-in oven and breakfast counter PZ005.jpg:yamseng:

Edited by potatoes

Updates... near completion :dribble:

Balcony Tap installed thumbsup.gif

Pict042.jpg

We were indeed happy to have running water to the balcony and this would certainly convenient us. The BAD NEWS is that the laying of the pipes was unsightly.

Ugly-looking pipes :bangwall:

The previous owner had the pipes coming from the 2nd level MBR. We didn't like the idea having to see the pipe running through our bedroom. We decided the best option was to lay the pipes from the 1st level toilet instead. Initally, we thought that by drilling through the 1st level toilet tiles, it will link the pipe through the new store room we created in the living hall. Things turned into a nightmare when the job was done.

PZ001.jpg

PZ002.jpg

The linking pipes somehow got its way into the main living area instead :curse:I feel that I had myself to blame 8|

ID suggested to do a box up to cover these pipes in the living room, which can also double up as a fixture to put T-5 lightings in it. As we had already exceeded our budget, we just want to keep things simple, we finally agreed to just doing a simple box up to conceal the unsightly pipes.

Sleek kitchen - I like

Latest Updates :sport-smiley-004: Solid top done ... Finally, the Kitchen cabinet is 100% completed!:sport-smiley-018: Kitchen sink done Pict044.jpg Ariston Hob and Deliza hood installed PZ004.jpg Ariston build-in oven and breakfast counter PZ005.jpg:yamseng:

Sleek kitchen - I like

Sleek kitchen - I like

Thanks. Actually, I wanted a complete white kitchen, but my wife don't like. So, mixed the bottom with golden maple:) The kitchen also gone through several rework because of dish washer and breakfast table .

Windows and grill delivered today. I told installer not to put up the grill because design was wrong! Sianz....

Windows and grill delivered today. I told installer not to put up the grill because design was wrong! Sianz....

oh...you had the same issue as mine. luckily u managed to stop them from putting it up.

We are already moving into week 8 of our renovation .... how I wish everything is over liao. I just hope that there would be no more hiccups in this reno.... as it can very very frustrating going through the mistakes made by ID. Yesterday, we received yet another unpleasant surprise - as mentioned earlier. I just couldn't believe that the grill that was delivered was the wrong design.:bangwall: Hahaha..... How could ID make mistake by ordering the wrong design after so many reminders. I managed to stop them today from installing the grills. I was thinking, it seem that the ID firm was lucky that I made time yesterday to "supervise" and watch them do the job. Isn't that suppose to be the job of my ID?

Existing Renovation problems? Resolved

1. Staircase - ID has come out with another alternative, No more borders for my laminate wooden staircase.:P

2. The unsightly pipes - Rerouting of pipes that appeared in the main living hall, As I looked closely in the floor layout given by HDB., I realise the pipes can be routed from the bathroom to the new store room and then to the balcony.

No more box up needed in the living room. Hooray!:yamseng:

Edited by potatoes

Really like the fact that the oven and microwave niche (?) is so conveniently positioned.

Jiayou! Do you feel excited that reno is almost over? I know I did when it was near move in time. :D

For Incubator: Thanks for your encouragement. I wish it is already over. I need to time to do packing to prepare for move in. Manage to get Breakthrough movers to send 100 Carton boxes :)

For Adidaem: The baking area which incorporates the breakfast counter is my present to my wifey. Although all along we do have tabletop ovens, I thought this time round, I would do up a built -in oven for her. The breakfast counter doubles up as a preparatory table for her to put all her baking stuff. Thanks for your encouragement, I look forward to move to my new place.

cool!! you have so many boxes to pack?? 100 boxes???? packing n unpacking can be stressful also!! hang on till everything is over!! then the feeling of satisfaction will be very fulfilling.

potatoes: you are so sweet to your wife!! she must be very happy about it. it's a dream to have a oven and preparatory area for the lady!!