Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

stay strong potatoes! the last bits are always the hardest. I remember that my wife was very spirited during the initial stages but halfway through she just wanted everything to end as quickly as possible!

glad to hear at least some rectifications were able to be made. your story about your ID and the grilles is a timely reminder how much owners need to get involved in the reno...or at least find someone they can trust! jia yo will await the final product of all your efforts, I'm sure it'll turn out great :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks people for all your encouraging words :)

For Joyous : the last time I moved house, it was 60 boxes. ... And not enough, so ended recycling them over several trips.... So this time, it think 100 should be sufficient. Now u see why I need a lot of storage space to 'hide' my things.

My wifey loves to bake cakes, tarts and cookies. I realize she needed a built in oven as it ha a bigger capacity. Since we don't have a domestic helper, I decided to also get dish washer to help us do the washing of dishes.

For footprint: thanks :) can't think of a better way to show that I still care for her.

For Hafizh : thanks for your encouragement ... Reno is really tiring.... What is worse is ID keep doing things wrong and not to our liking. We have to keep pestering him to rework.... Sianz! Really do hope things will be ok without us having to top up..... Not our fault mah. ...

Tomorrow they will complete painting touchup and tic tac doors for store rooms :)

Updates!

It has been a disappointing week. Nothing much has been happening except that the ugly pipes in the living room are gone and has been re routed to my balcony. Painting touchup was done.

Window film will be installed this Sat.... I was pushing hard for this because being a corridor unit, I would want more privacy.

Delay Is now due to window grills (ID gave wrong design), staircase (rework) and balcony grill.

Hope things will speed up quickly..... I just want to close this whole reno thingy.... Very tiring :(

Hi potatoes, I also have some pipes issues which causes much arguement...Can u do me a favour pls? I wanna view some pics of yr stainless steel pipes corner bendings..Pls go to my blog to view my pipes pics..

Hope u can help. Tks alot!

Hi potatoes, I also have some pipes issues which causes much arguement...Can u do me a favour pls? I wanna view some pics of yr stainless steel pipes corner bendings..Pls go to my blog to view my pipes pics..

Hope u can help. Tks alot!

Angelbutterfly, I saw pictures of your pipes, the bending can be better than this. I also have bending but I think they are better. I will try to put up close up pics of my pipes today.:rolleyes:

Here's the pic

iphone4001.jpg

Edited by potatoes

Outstanding jobs :bangwall:

1. Staircase - steps (rework due to wrong design) & railings

iphone40003.jpg

2. Window grill - rework due to wrong design

iphone40002.jpg

3. Balcony grill (WIP)

4. Tic Tac doors - plaster & paint (WIP)

PZ006.jpg

Picturesiphone027-1.jpg

5. Window solar film - WIP

ID confirm handover date to be next Sat :dancingqueen:

Hi Potatoes, can see that your reno is almost complete, congrats on the nice reno ! :dribble::yamseng::sport-smiley-004:

Thx bro for your encouragement! I am finally seeing the end of the tunnel.... Hooray ;)

Hi Potatoes,

I am getting my dreamz EM keys by end of this week. It is in Hougang. Could you please PM the ID details and share with me any tips.

Thanks....

indilinks@yahoo.com

Hi Potatoes,

I am getting my dreamz EM keys by end of this week. It is in Hougang. Could you please PM the ID details and share with me any tips.

Thanks....

indilinks@yahoo.com

Congrats EZlink on getting your keys. I have PMed u my ID info.

Updates

The staircase railings were installed. There was again some problem in the design but fortunately I was there to tell them the problem. The installer was able to rectify the problem quickly :)

your house look great :dancingqueen:

lucky you are around to spot anything wrong early and they were able to rectify quickly :notti: :notti:

i think andrew and HX wanted to bring me to go view your unit during the reno, but i didnt go hehe. workmanship looks not bad

Looks cool without the railings

Thx. Actually, I don't mind staircase with no railings, but I am thinking of the safety of my family members. It cost a lot $$$ just putting these and the wooden handrail.

Edited by potatoes