Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My new Custom made Clothes Hanger Fixture :sport-smiley-003:

This fixture is special because it cannot be purchased outside.

Owning to the petit size of my yard and the protruding ceiling lamp, ID suggested to get hs dad's company to specially fabricate the clothes hanger fixture for me. :sport-smiley-018:

IMG_1472.jpg

Yesterday, Kafu, who out of his goodwill and @ his own cost, unselfishly spent 3 solid hours helping me to install this fixture + also my living/dining/bedroom curtain rods as well.

This is something highly commendable about my ID Kafu. Job well done too! :good:

My ID is going to help me change the locks of my existing balcony sliding doors.:sport-smiley-018:

These exisiting locks were badly corroded and rusty. He will also help to service the all the existing alumimium windows on my 2nd level.

Another value added service....:good:

Preparation for moving in

Time really flies.... our renovation started in mid July and have just completed, we are now busily preparing for the next BIG thing ..... yes "Moving In". To me, this has always been a challenge.:bangwall: Apart from those "muscles" :sport-smiley-003: , what is needed most is time needed to do the packing. We have exactly 1 week from now to "Move- in" Day to do all the packing. To date, out of the 100 carton boxes we ordered, we have completed packing close to about 50 boxes.

Stacking the boxes up preparing for move-in :sport-smiley-004:

IMG_1495.jpg

Moving some of these into our new home :dancingqueen:

IMG_1494.jpg

Hope this will be quickly over soon ... :dribble:

We had a busy and tiring weekend, packing everything into the carton boxes....:dribble:

What do you people think of my balcony grilles? I added the colours to the flowers thinking that it will make it more lively, but my wifey thinks I shouldn't have done this .... she thinks it makes the house look like child care centre :(

Nonetheless, my 2 teenage kids don't mind :rolleyes:

IMG_1546.jpg

Sorry wifey.... I can't undo this back to its original......

Edited by potatoes

Getting ready for moving in this weekend is really a BIG hustle.

Just went down to IKEA yesterday to purchase some storage racks for my storeroom and also bookshelves for my kids' rooms. Managed to get some good deals from the garage corner too! The delivery dept has arranged to send the items on Friday :)

We had a busy and tiring weekend, packing everything into the carton boxes....:dribble:

What do you people think of my balcony grilles? I added the colours to the flowers thinking that it will make it more lively, but my wifey thinks I shouldn't have done this .... she thinks it makes the house look like child care centre :(

Nonetheless, my 2 teenage kids don't mind :rolleyes:

IMG_1546.jpg

Sorry wifey.... I can't undo this back to its original......

no choice then...since it's already done!! well at least it brings some colours!!

congrats on moving in soon!! unpacking is the worst thing!! but after that grueling task, it's worth it! you have many hands to help with!

Edited by joyousonline

I think it looks lovely good.gif

no choice then...since it's already done!! well at least it brings some colours!!

congrats on moving in soon!! unpacking is the worst thing!! but after that grueling task, it's worth it! you have many hands to help with!

Thx Cleong. So far I have already met with 2 ID and 2 contractors. 1 contractor quoted abt 49k while the ID quoted 42K. Still waiting 2 other quotes.

Cos of budget constaint, I will probably keep my Reno simple.

Isn't contractor supposed to be cheaper than ID? Does that mean that the contractor has higher profit margin that the particular ID? All

Lighting effect of breakfast counter

Pict036.jpg

Hi Potatoes

Do you mind sharing where did you get the lighting for your foyer? We are also looking for the same for our foyer and passageway to the bedrooms, casting shadow effect on the ceiling/wall. From the photo, you have the 3 lined lights near the foyer light, is it cos that light isn't bright enough?

Congratulations on the comnpletion of your renovation. I'm sure it's a tedious and tiring process and it's gonna be our turn soon....

I like your toilets, initially we wanted to get the black pebbled tiles for our toilet too, but later abort the idea as we are not getting the plain tiles to match it. Instead, we opt for those little squares-like mosaic toilet tiles which we have been eyeing few years back after seeing our friend having it for their bathrooms too. Orange was also one of our color but somehow, we "disqualify" them. Basically, I still do not know what I want :rolleyes: contrary to my DH.

Hope you will settle soon at your new house and all the best to your moving this weekend.

:yamseng:

Thx. I m not too worried about unpacking... Cos there is no time limit.... I m more concern about packing lor becos the movers cannot wait for me and there is still a lot left for me to pack in these 2 days... HELP! I don't want to end up carrying the things on my own. :(

Thanks...:) I also think so until my wife commented. I guess she will get use to it ;)

Hi Potatoes

Do you mind sharing where did you get the lighting for your foyer? We are also looking for the same for our foyer and passageway to the bedrooms, casting shadow effect on the ceiling/wall. From the photo, you have the 3 lined lights near the foyer light, is it cos that light isn't bright enough?

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

The crystal cube I got it from a lighting shop in Jln Besar lighting.com . It is bright enough to light up my foyer. the 3 halogen light for my breakfast counter, I got it from IKEA.

Edited by potatoes