Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Isn't contractor supposed to be cheaper than ID? Does that mean that the contractor has higher profit margin that the particular ID? All

U r right! Generally, one would think that engaging an ID is costlier than a contractor. I share this view too until all my quotes came in and it amazes me too. Out of the 2 ID and 3 contractors who quoted, the highest came from the contractors. My ID was selected not because his quote was the lowest but rather he was able to understand what I want and also able to negotiate cost. I made it clear that whatever it is, it should be within my tight budget.

Over and above, he is certainly someone who listens to his client's needs. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just moved into my newly renovated unit over the weekend. It was really a long and tiring experience. I had spent the entire Friday night till sat morning packing my things..... Getting ready for "breakthrough Missions" to pick up my carton boxes and furniture pieces.

IMG_1562.jpg

I was terribly upset when my wife and I realize the 100 carton boxes we ordered were not sufficient.

Anyway, the movers used 2 lorries. I had to pay extra for moving the panio. Our silly queen size mattress couldn't Quite fit into the lift, so paid extras for climbing up/down the stairs.

Thank goodneess the workers never complain.

Edited by potatoes

Hi, it has been 1 week after moving into my unit. The most challenging task now is the unpacking. I have given myself 2 weeks to unpack the 100 carton boxes,

Everything went fine in my new place. The only problem we encounter is that the MBR bathroom drainage was badly choked. Fortunately, we realised it early! Otherwise the undrained water would have overflowed into our MBR and damage our laminate flooring.

I called ID for help and he would arrange someone to attend to this matter :)

I got air con people to service the 4 no. of aircon system 4 unit.

Edited by potatoes

Hi, it has been 1 week after moving into my unit. The most challenging task now is the unpacking. I have given myself 2 weeks to unpack the 100 carton boxes,

Everything went fine in my new place. The only problem we encounter is that the MBR bathroom drainage was badly choked. Fortunately, we realised it early! Otherwise the undrained water would have overflowed into our MBR and damage our laminate flooring.

I called ID for help and he would arrange someone to attend to this matter :)

I got air con people to service the 4 no. of aircon system 4 unit.

Tell me about it. My move started on Friday and didn't finish till Sunday. It was the loose items which made it more tiring. What happened to the toilet? I had problems with my toilet bowls. I crossing my fingers everything will be fine - in the longest term.

hmmm, the $3k+ i mentioned includes the installation/wiring of all the lights, hood, aircon, bathroom fan, DB etc. I guess whether its expensive or not, depends on the per item cost. Some people have a socket at every corner of every room while some settle with 1 or 2 sockets only. :P

Don't forget to wire your internet LAN points if any. :)

hi soichiro,

can pm me your electrician. plan to rewiring the whole house. my id quote me almost 3k just for the electrical work/point that is associated with his design. we have quite a lot of false ceiling and L box ceiling design, tv wall feature in living and mbr.

According to him could cost about 6-7k to rewire the whole em. **** ex lo. any advice?

thx

My ID has arranged the plumber to fix the the drainage problem @ my MBR.... we dare not use the bathroom over the past few days due to the "flooding" . Plumber said that the choking was due to the debris stuck beneath the pipe and he had to use his bare hands to dig them out!

Now that the problem is resolved, we can now continue to enjoy our rain shower .... :)

Tell me about it. My move started on Friday and didn't finish till Sunday. It was the loose items which made it more tiring. What happened to the toilet? I had problems with my toilet bowls. I crossing my fingers everything will be fine - in the longest term.

Renmapiao, Congrats on your moving in. You took only 3 days to clear all your stuff.... I m also a victim of "loose" items..... The day the movers arrived, I still have about 5 to 10% of things not cleared becos we ran out of carton boxes! I still have things in my old place and I have till this weekend to clear before I hand over..... :(

Spotted this warm LED light strip at IKEA electrical section and decided to buy and install it under my overhang kitchen cabinet. It looks much better than I thought and it is very bright in the dark. :good:

IMG_1469.jpg

Just moved into my newly renovated unit over the weekend. It was really a long and tiring experience. I had spent the entire Friday night till sat morning packing my things..... Getting ready for "breakthrough Missions" to pick up my carton boxes and furniture pieces.

IMG_1562.jpg

I was terribly upset when my wife and I realize the 100 carton boxes we ordered were not sufficient.

Anyway, the movers used 2 lorries. I had to pay extra for moving the panio. Our silly queen size mattress couldn't Quite fit into the lift, so paid extras for climbing up/down the stairs.

Thank goodneess the workers never complain.

I hope our martress can fit into the lift at our new place... Oh no I'm gonna have cold sweat...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

The crystal cube I got it from a lighting shop in Jln Besar lighting.com . It is bright enough to light up my foyer. the 3 halogen light for my breakfast counter, I got it from IKEA.

Thanks bro

Moving-In

I have finally completed moving all my things from my old place. ;)

I took one afternoon to clean up the old place and ready now ready to handover tomorrow.

It took bro Renmapiao 3 days to move all his stuff but it took me 2 weeks...... very "XIONG"!!! :dribble: . Nonetheless, I was very pleased :dancingqueen:

My next target is unpacking and hope to return all the 100 carton boxes to the mover by next Friday.

The 2 high chairs from Vhive for my Breakfast Counter were delivered to me during midweek and I thought they blend in very well :good:

IMG_1583.jpg

congrats on moving in potatoes, may you all enjoy your new home yamseng.gif

Thanks.... I have not rested since i started moving in 2 weeks ago. Everyday, it has been packing, moving , then unpacking. Never get to really rest my muscles! Feeling so tired. This will probably be the last time I would want to move house..... Ha ha !

Congrats on moving!

Any completed pictures yet??? :)

Thanks Strikingreality :) My place is currently very messy after move in..... Won't take any pics for the time being until everything is in order. However, if you wish to view my completed reno pics, u can view the "before" and "after" photos under this blog, page 8

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40650&st=280

Edited by potatoes