Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

I almost couldn't locate my blog as I have not updated it for quite some time.

It's has been almost a month after moving into my EM .... very happy and comfortable in my new place.

I am very glad that the unpacking process is almost over ... just completed unpacking the 100th carton box.:dancingqueen:

Today, I have requested my mover to collect back the 100 no. of carton boxes and have gotten back my deposit.

As I did not have any build-storage for all my rooms, I was at Ikea Tampines on Moday and managed to pick up 10 pieces of tall shelving for storage purposes - mainly bookracks and display cabinets.

I chose white finishing for all the pieces.

Paid them for delivery and installation charges ..... @ least for now, I m assured that I would have enough storage space to put all my barang-barang :good:

Hope that everything will be in order and the mess cleared up by this weekend :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just completed my final reno payment to my ID company. Everything has been rectified to my satisfaction. If you still remember my staircase problem, I had it rework and my ID did not make me pay for the rework.... Thank God!

IKEA installers are here today to fix up all my bookracks and display shelves I had purchased :)

Total cost for furnishing from IKEA is about 2k. This amounts to about 3 to 4k of savings if had done built in.

Edited by potatoes

My Dining Area

Some furniture I got fom Ikea (Display and book shelves).

As for the shoerack, I bought it from a shop @Mid View City.

The furnitures matches my "all-white" theme :sport-smiley-004:

ikeafurniture002.jpg

Edited by potatoes

Love my Gardening Corner.... still pondering what else to grow.... :sport-smiley-018:

ikeafurniture001.jpg

Improvement made to spruce up my little garden:

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg

Edited by potatoes

Love my Gardening Corner.... still pondering what else to grow.... :sport-smiley-018:

ikeafurniture001.jpg

Herbs (basil, rosemary, corriandar) n spices (no ide, chilli?) :)

Envy yr green fingers! Wish I hv too...MAYB I shd try planting a few.

Some IKEA furniture/accessories r good n I had kept them for more than 8yrs. I will b using them again. It depends of which kind of material u choose n hw u take care of it too.

Happy for u that everything looks perfectly in place!

Herbs (basil, rosemary, corriandar) n spices (no ide, chilli?) :)

Thanks for your suggestion...... Perhaps I will consider to create a herbs and spice garden in my balcony. :sport-smiley-018:

Envy yr green fingers! Wish I hv too...MAYB I shd try planting a few.

Some IKEA furniture/accessories r good n I had kept them for more than 8yrs. I will b using them again. It depends of which kind of material u choose n hw u take care of it too.

Happy for u that everything looks perfectly in place!

Thanks Angel, u can have green fingers too! Just like us, we just need to give them care ..... they need air, water, plenty of sunlight and right amount of nutrients :)

Experience counts too, after a while, u will understand the plants better.

So, after your reno is completed, u may want to try out.

Edited by potatoes

Bro Potatoes, do you know where to get catnip plants ?

Hi Kobelala, thx for dropping by my blog. Catnip plants? I m not sure where u can get them.... but this weekend, I intend to visit the plant nursery at Thomson road and the one next to AMK library. Hope to buy the seeds and grow them :sport-smiley-018: .

You can also try the plant nurseries at Kovan Centre and at Jln Kayu, which are a tad bit closer to Serangoon.

Thx cleong :)