Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Most of the time it will be my maid who will be doing the cleaning... so not sure will the condition be horrible after a while... :( Else I will really love an all-white kitchen.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats! I m happy to know that u have finally decided which ID to engage for your reno.

Since u r engaging the same ID as me, I can give u tips on how to best get your reno done well without going through unnecessary stress.

You got to get Kafu to write down in black and white the things u want him to do..... Be sure to msg him also as proof of evidence. Our ID tends to be a little forgetful cos he has to handle so many projects..... So reminders are very necessary. I didn't do some of these, so ended up doing rework:(

Wish u smooth reno journey..... Hope u can start your own blog soon :)

This is something i totally agree. My ID is very forgetful as well. So normally i will just text him. But sometimes i just feel shy to make too much request. I saw some T-blog owner will make requests to tiny tiny things. Too thin skinned to do that, tats y feeel that will always b at losing end.

This is something i totally agree. My ID is very forgetful as well. So normally i will just text him. But sometimes i just feel shy to make too much request. I saw some T-blog owner will make requests to tiny tiny things. Too thin skinned to do that, tats y feeel that will always b at losing end.

Thx for visiting my blog Szehui :)

Ur reno is looking good and progressing well. If you don't want unnecessary rework, u got to keep pestering ID and be thick skin.

Btw, in all the rework that my ID did for me, I didn't pay a single cent.

Edited by potatoes

Kafu is very blur n forgetful! Always missing in action... He suppose to complete mid jan, now still reworking! His wrkers also create many Mistakes. I got to redo upper flooring 2.3k due to their neglience.So stress n disappointing!

Kafu is very blur n forgetful! Always missing in action... He suppose to complete mid jan, now still reworking! His wrkers also create many Mistakes. I got to redo upper flooring 2.3k due to their neglience.So stress n disappointing!

i think you went to look for my contractor too but you didn't choose him cos his price is slightly higher? or because he cannot finish before cny?

so have you moved in or not yet?

Maydream, his price higher by 20-30Percent n he cant commit completion bef cny. So we dint pick him as he busy rushin a project bef cny

• Like 1

Hi Potato,

Can share pic of ur 1st lvl toilet? As we are in the midst of considering an old EM, and they do not haf toilet at 1st let, was thinking of building one up.

Thanks.

Kafu is not blur... he just does not know how to manage his workers..... he doesn't write/record the things I tell him, so he otten tend to forget.:bangwall:

To overcome this, I will always message him a list of the things I want him to do....... :deal: so it seems like I am the one instructing him what to do. That is the best way to get my things moving and done. Eventually, he still do it for me without complaining.... this is whatI like about him ;) ..... I still think he is a nice guy.

Sorry to hear about the 2nd level flooring, what happen? Why 2.3K? Why do you want to bear the cost if it was due to their negligence?:jawdrop:

Edited by potatoes

Maydream, his price higher by 20-30Percent n he cant commit completion bef cny. So we dint pick him as he busy rushin a project bef cny

Same for me too, Andrew's quote was about 42k vs Kafu's quote of 35K.

I would love to take Andrew, but because of budget constraint, I chose Kafu instead.

Hi Potato,

Can share pic of ur 1st lvl toilet? As we are in the midst of considering an old EM, and they do not haf toilet at 1st let, was thinking of building one up.

Thanks.

HI Celtricia, thanks for visiting my blog.

May I know where is the EM you are considering to get?

Mine used to be a wash area and the 1st owner hackoff walls of the wash area to make the kitchen area bigger. I didnt face any major problem to erect a new toilet at the 1st level..... HDB approved our request. I got my ID to construct a yard to separate the kitchen and the toilet. In other words, I must enter the yard area to get to the toilet..... something unique in our EM.

I like it this way becos my toilet cannot be seen from the kitchen :)

Picture of Yard ... toilet on the left

Picturesiphone029-1.jpg

Mini sink at yard..... and storage space too

IMG_1476.jpg

laudry area at yard

IMG_1472.jpg

and toilet with shower head

IMG_1477.jpg

Edited by potatoes

HI Celtricia, thanks for visiting my blog.

May I know where is the EM you are considering to get?

Mine used to be a wash area and the 1st owner hackoff walls of the wash area to make the kitchen area bigger. I didnt face any major problem to erect a new toilet at the 1st level..... HDB approved our request. I got my ID to construct a yard to separate the kitchen and the toilet. In other words, I must enter the yard area to get to the toilet..... something unique in our EM.

I like it this way becos my toilet cannot be seen from the kitchen :)

Picture of Yard ... toilet on the left

Picturesiphone029-1.jpg

Mini basin at yard..... and storage space too

IMG_1476.jpg

and toilet with shower head

IMG_1477.jpg

Hi Potato,

The EM i m considering is in the west, at Bukit Batok, but as of now, we still considering due to other issues as well.

As the kitchen is open concept and like urs, with hack off walls to make it bigger.. we are thinking how to build up a toilet as it will make it easier for guests to use the toilet at 1st lvl rather den 2nd lvl..

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Once we have decided, will get more info from everyone in RT.. :)

where do you put ur washing machine?

i was contemplating putting in a yard (after reading ur thread) but can't really find a place to put my chubby washing machine. =(

Yes, I place the washing machine in the service yard, ie behind kitchen sink & next to the bin.... It is quite cramp but still ok with us. We just want to keep the service area and toilet separate from the kitchen and out of sight from my living hall since our kitchen is open concept.

Edited by potatoes