Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
potatoes

My 1St Em @Serangoon N

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Full?? Lol....Neo.beeyen@gmail.com. Thanks!

Sent info to ur email.

U r making good progress in your reno. Jiayou! :sport-smiley-003:

Hi Potatoes,

Was reading your t-blog because my wife and I had recently purchase a EM in the west with the exact same floor plan.

Same like you, we paid a hefty COV to purchase the flat leaving us with very limited budget for renovation.

Could you kindly PM me your ID/contractor's contact?

Will be starting to reno in early June, is it too early to get quotes now?

Thanks

Hi Potatoes,

Was reading your t-blog because my wife and I had recently purchase a EM in the west with the exact same floor plan.

Same like you, we paid a hefty COV to purchase the flat leaving us with very limited budget for renovation.

Could you kindly PM me your ID/contractor's contact?

Will be starting to reno in early June, is it too early to get quotes now?

Thanks

Thanks for visiting my blog and congrats to u on becoming a new EM owner.

Not too early to go around and get quotes to have a feel of the costing and Reno requirement. In this forum, most of the EM owners spend between 35k to 70k to do up their place. Of course there r others whose Reno cost is 80k to over 100k

My total cost is about 42k excluding furnishing, which is considered in the lower region

I will not recommend my ID to u becos he is not very efficient and does not remember the things I want him to do. As a result, many things had to rework. Aqua, who recently got the same ID to do her EM, knows what I mean. In spite of all these flaws, the overall workmanship is good and acceptable to me.

I can recommend u Maydream's ID, Andrew, who is hardworking and detailed. However his price is slightly higher. All the best to ur coming reno.

Cheers!

Edited by potatoes

HI Celtricia, thanks for visiting my blog.

May I know where is the EM you are considering to get?

Mine used to be a wash area and the 1st owner hackoff walls of the wash area to make the kitchen area bigger. I didnt face any major problem to erect a new toilet at the 1st level..... HDB approved our request. I got my ID to construct a yard to separate the kitchen and the toilet. In other words, I must enter the yard area to get to the toilet..... something unique in our EM.

I like it this way becos my toilet cannot be seen from the kitchen :)

Picture of Yard ... toilet on the left

Picturesiphone029-1.jpg

I love your yard! Can hide all the bulky washing machine and unsightly clothes. When cooking, also no need to bring clothes down.... Very clever idea!

I love your yard! Can hide all the bulky washing machine and unsightly clothes. When cooking, also no need to bring clothes down.... Very clever idea!

Thanks Jshome for your comments:) The service yard is what makes us different from all my neighbours..... I got the idea from my previous condo..... Though I wish it had been a little bigger than what it is now.

Hi Bro Potatoes, guess u must be enjoying living in your EM :sport-smiley-004:

Hi bro Kobelala, so nice of u to drop by to say hello. My family loves this EM even though things in it can be messy at times..... The only complaint from the children is going up and down the stairs. The place is so comfortable that we now prefer to stay at home than to go out. :) what about u?

Have not been updating my blog for quite a while. Things are going well and we r adapting well to our neighbourhood.

Would like to know if anyone have use a robot cleaner. I m looking for one that can help me vacuum my place at scheduled times daily. I now do vacuuming only once a week and find it a hassle to take vacuum cleaner in and out of the storeroom.

Does anyone have other robot cleaner to recommend other than this one which AA shop is selling.

Agait robot cleaner video on YouTube:

Edited by potatoes

Found this korean brand (i-celbo) intelligent robot cleaner on youtube,

looks good and smart :good:

Features that it has not found in other robot cleaner

1) it is able to memorise the route and will not repeat the cleaning once done.

2) Mopping feature

Check out this video on YouTube:

Price: I heard it is about S$900.

Agait EC01 enhance is about 1/3 the price..... S$350

Edited by potatoes

Hi potatoes, does the air con compressor in your balcony leak water? Mine does, and the air con supplier is saying it's normal for compressors to leak water due to condensation. Do you have the same experience and how did you resolve it? Many thanks for sharing!

I think I need a robot cleaner too. I don't have time for housework, so having a "helper" at home to vacuum my house will be terrific.

Am using iClebo. Works fine. Tho we have a weekend helper come over, sometimes the floor feels a bit dusty mid-week (probably cos we usually open our windows). So the robot cleaner really helps cos I/we are so lazy to use the vacuum cleaner. We only use it on the 1st level.