Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
accesslady

Downlights & Cove Light Costs

Hi,I was quoted $40each for Supply & Run Additional Lighting Points for Downlights & Cove Light.

(Lights to be provided by owner)

Does it sounds reasonable?Need some advise.

Secondly, I was quoted $700 for Supply & Install L-Shape Shower Screen with 2pcs Fixed Panels,2pcs Sliding Doors(Thickness:10mm)

Is the amount sound high?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was quoted the same by my contractor, Im considering to run LED strip instead coz considered only 1 point & although cost of LED is more expensive but save on labour charge & of coz lower electrical consumption.

one way to save the trouble of laying additional switches and cable is to install remote lighting controller. From the existing lighting point, you can branch out 3-4 channels without altering the existing switch. That should save significant amount of installation charge.

hmz can get from hardware shops for that?

or is it those rgb controllers?

you can get the remote controller from chang huat on balestier road at S$29 a set. It has 3 channels that allows you to control 3 lines of lights independently.

will that affect the Amps of the light source cause i was quoted 5amps light points but 1m of the rgb light strips requires 1.2A thus 10m of the rgb will requires 12A. Can i request for higher Amps light source to support the 2 light strips? Actually i just need one control nia ...

it is better to limit a single stretch of LED strip below 5-6 meters. The thickness of conductor in the strip is not intended for amperage as much as 12A. it is advsable to split them into 5m per LED driver using separate points. you have to check with the electrician on the gauge of the cable used for your lighting point and switchbox configuration. Overloading the cable might cause overheating.

Hm have tried the configuration on a 5A power supply and the 10m, lights works as well altho its connected in the middle of the 5m each by my supplier .. not sure if i really does need to use the 10A power supply though but will check with my electricians..

also for the cove light should i get those "coveledger" any idea where i can get from?

anyway how about downlights? for lightbox what size of of the dimension should i go into and wattage?

thanks for the advices.

will that affect the Amps of the light source cause i was quoted 5amps light points but 1m of the rgb light strips requires 1.2A thus 10m of the rgb will requires 12A. Can i request for higher Amps light source to support the 2 light strips? Actually i just need one control nia ...

Hi,

The 5A light point is likely to be measured in AC.

The 1.2A that you have mentioned for LED strip is for DC

AC 5A and and DC 5A is a different unit.

A 5A lighting point is able to support a load of 1100W (220Vac x 5A)

The LED strip for a 10m LED as you have mentioned is 144W (12Vdc x 12A)

The point can easily support the load.

Not to worry.

A typical RGB LED strip that I have seen is consuming about 0.5A per meter when all RGB LED get lighted up.

It is always better to use a higher wattage power supply for your LED strips.

Is the best to connect LED strip in 5m interval to reduce dim effects.

LED strip can come with 12vdc & 24vdc.

Power (W) = Voltage (V) x Current (I)

e.g per rim LED strip is 5m with 12vdc and 24W

24 = 12 x I

2A = I

per metre is 0.4A

Power supply is calculate base on Wattage.

e.g you need 24W therefore pls buy power supply with additional of 10 to 20% buffer to prolong the life span.

And LED strip with higher wattage will give brighter brightness, consumption more power and get hot easily.

my 2 cents, correct me if i'm wrong. cheers.

wah so chiem.... didt know how to calculate till nw

wow thanks man....

Is the best to connect LED strip in 5m interval to reduce dim effects.

LED strip can come with 12vdc & 24vdc.

Power (W) = Voltage (V) x Current (I)

e.g per rim LED strip is 5m with 12vdc and 24W

24 = 12 x I

2A = I

per metre is 0.4A

Power supply is calculate base on Wattage.

e.g you need 24W therefore pls buy power supply with additional of 10 to 20% buffer to prolong the life span.

And LED strip with higher wattage will give brighter brightness, consumption more power and get hot easily.

my 2 cents, correct me if i'm wrong. cheers.

Your lighting points is just a tad higher but what your paying is much more of the co ordination works. Its not overcharging. L shape shower screen is higher pricing than the usual wall to wall shower screen due to the railing itself.