Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
timothyng27

My 5 Room Bukit Merah Flat T-Blog

I got mine from Adamas already. Pretty excited about the toilets. Will turn out pretty awesome I think :)

Do also call Fullsun Marketing P L (also at Jalan Besar) for price comparison.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anyway folks, on a side note, is anyone looking for a washing machine and fridge? I am helping a friend sell both for $700 (cash & self-carry). Condition is pretty new. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide more details.

Been pretty inspired by my Aunt and Uncle's place - they have tons of local / perankan antique pieces. saw some nice interesting shops from adidaem's list of shops. I think some of the items really have character, and since my place is Scandinavian-themed, we need interesting pieces with tons of character to offset the slightly muted look.

I've checked out Junkie's Corner at Jalan Senang, Heritage Centre at Jalan Sultan (I bought a nice ship lamp here), and also Tong Mern Sern at Craig Road. They all have tons of interesting stuff which make really good statement pieces.

Without further ado, here are some pics I took from Tong Mern Sern. Might be heading back to buy some authentic retro tiles.

Tons of stuff along the corridors:

IMG_0945.jpg

Beautiful decorative plates along the stairwell:

IMG_0946.jpg

Tons of awesome retro clocks:

IMG_0954.jpg

Pictures / mirrors / signs along the walls:

IMG_0947.jpg

Some more awesome pics (of some stuff I'd like to buy):

Interesting wall lamp I can put on my corridor wall. Would be interesting if I painted this a shade of acquamarine:

IMG_0944.jpg

Awesome authentic retro Peranakan tiles

IMG_0943.jpg

Lookalike of "The Chair" which I think is really cool. Pity only 1 piece

IMG_0952.jpg

Nice scandi-looking side table

IMG_0949.jpg

The 2 uncles there were also super friendly and helpful. Might head there again for more browsing or shopping soon :)

Some more great stuff I saw at Heritage Centre.

Great orange public telephone (I saw this in someone else's T-blog). Unfortunately it doesn't work

IMG_0927.jpg

Collection of all sorts of hanging lamps

IMG_0931.jpg

Very nice Dutch-inspired vintage wall lamp. Really like this but it's pretty big

IMG_0928.jpg

Turkish-style hanging lamp

IMG_0926.jpg

Antique ship lamp which I bought. Will paint this Fuschia and put it in a corner as a pendant. :)

IMG_0933.jpg

I've also been looking at Salvation Army for some nice interesting pieces I can refurbish to have that "Like That One" look.

Will post updates and pics again soon!

Btw, the house is slowly taking shape but a little boring to keep showing progress pics with concrete and sand etc.

Will update more once tiling and carpentry takes place.

<br />Anyway folks, on a side note, is anyone looking for a washing machine and fridge? I am helping a friend sell both for $700 (cash & self-carry). Condition is pretty new. Let me know if you're interested and I can provide more details.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Both the washer and fridge are about 2 to 2.5 years old, and in good condition as they are hardly used.

My friend is letting go as she just sold her previously tenantend house.

Fridge - Panasonic NR-B301M

IMG-20110927-00718.jpg

IMG-20110927-00719.jpg

photo1.jpg

Washer - Sanyo ASW-A95HY

photo.jpg

IMG-20110927-00720.jpg

Fridge and washer sold!

Anyway, I ended up buying some really nice Peranakan tiles from Tong Mern Sern to line my walkway (which is about 4m long).

Needed about 27 small tiles which cost quite a bit. I overheard that some of these tiles are more than 100 years old!

Anyone keen to see which ones I got? Seems like no one is following my T-blog anymore :(

Fridge and washer sold!

Anyway, I ended up buying some really nice Peranakan tiles from Tong Mern Sern to line my walkway (which is about 4m long).

Needed about 27 small tiles which cost quite a bit. I overheard that some of these tiles are more than 100 years old!

Anyone keen to see which ones I got? Seems like no one is following my T-blog anymore :(

Don't need to ask lah. If you post, ppl will see, ppl will comment and ppl will follow. :)

Many silent readers.

Fridge and washer sold!

Ok folks, here goes:

I'll be using the long top left tile (which is upside down) as a border for my entrance-way.

tiles4.jpg

Will be using a combination of some of the other tiles elsewhere.

tiles2.jpg

tiles1.jpg

I've seen replicas sold in some other tiles shops at Balestier, but this here is the real deal. The uncles at Tong Mern Sern salvage these from houses that are being re-done, so each piece literally has decades of history behind it.

Each piece is really beautiful and has its own flavour. More importantly, it's really unique and difficult to find. Cost-wise, also much cheaper than doing a feature wall. Been seeing a lot of white brick feature walls too, so wanted something a little different.

I hope this will brighten up my entrance-way somewhat and make it more welcoming.

And here's a really nice retro lamp I bought which I felt in love with at first sight! I bought 2 of these for the entrance-way :sport-smiley-004:

walllamp.jpg

Also folks, I'll be going to Bangkok this Thursday to check out some places. Hopefully it doesn't flood if not will be super power ultra sian.

Places I'll (hopefully) be checking out:

- Hawaii 5-0

- Joe's Beautiful Objects

- Crystal Design Centre

- Suan Lum Night Market

- Chatuchak Market

Have checked out the logistics, and it costs about SGD $2K to get a container to ship stuff back. Anyone keen to buy anything there?