Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
NingNing

Bto Will Increase Or Drop?

what do you think? reason why im asking is because we got a que for the recent WW2.. but judging from things, we might not get the flat we want..

want to ask if it is worth it to pay such a high price for no view etc.. is it worth it in future in terms of resale? we dun mind if got view or what, but most important is the resale value in future.

Also, do u think the price will drop? coz if it might then we might want to try again although getting such an "okie" number might be hard in future..

our number is 75/118 3 room flats.. to be frank, the amount can be used to buy a 4 room flats..

also, govt promise another 22k more flats.. with this, i think the price might drop as supply will meet demand.

need ur advises as i see u all so expert in this.

* please help* ty!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

what do you think? reason why im asking is because we got a que for the recent WW2.. but judging from things, we might not get the flat we want..

Built To Order flats are only tendered to be built when "sufficient number" of applications are received. 95% is reserved for 1st timer. I supposed u are referring to u can't get yr "dream flat", instead of "no availibility of flats". Not sure if currently hdb publishes data for "applicants last minute give up selection for BTO". Would be interesting to see such data.

want to ask if it is worth it to pay such a high price for no view etc.. is it worth it in future in terms of resale? we dun mind if got view or what, but most important is the resale value in future.

Also, do u think the price will drop? coz if it might then we might want to try again although getting such an "okie" number might be hard in future..

BTOs' prices are presently & generally acceptable for 1st timers. Those "resale" prices, esp in famous estates like tpy, mp, qt...are real high. Can imagine every year 5% price increase yoy? Last yr 16k, this yr 22k. If one flat accomodate 3.5 heads, these flats will take 133k populations. Total residents aleady hit 3771k as at end 2010.

Assume 1st timers' age fall in between 21-44. Age group structure(2010): 15-24=13.5%, 25-34=15.1%, 35-44=16.7%, so 1st timer = 45.3% of 3771K = 1708k, further reduce 20%(82% population stay in hdb) = 1366k

So, the 2010 & 2011 BTO amount 133k/1366k = about 10%. Have to look at DBSS, EC & URA's pte residential data.....judge if supply meets demand or the other way round. Should be the one who earns > 2 mil per annual to do such analysis and correction job leh, not me. Then another one who earn the same amount as this one should coordinate with this as to number of head to be "in" or "out" each yr.

Built To Order flats are only tendered to be built when "sufficient number" of applications are received. 95% is reserved for 1st timer. I supposed u are referring to u can't get yr "dream flat", instead of "no availibility of flats". Not sure if currently hdb publishes data for "applicants last minute give up selection for BTO". Would be interesting to see such data.

BTOs' prices are presently & generally acceptable for 1st timers. Those "resale" prices, esp in famous estates like tpy, mp, qt...are real high. Can imagine every year 5% price increase yoy? Last yr 16k, this yr 22k. If one flat accomodate 3.5 heads, these flats will take 133k populations. Total residents aleady hit 3771k as at end 2010.

Assume 1st timers' age fall in between 21-44. Age group structure(2010): 15-24=13.5%, 25-34=15.1%, 35-44=16.7%, so 1st timer = 45.3% of 3771K = 1708k, further reduce 20%(82% population stay in hdb) = 1366k

So, the 2010 & 2011 BTO amount 133k/1366k = about 10%. Have to look at DBSS, EC & URA's pte residential data.....judge if supply meets demand or the other way round. Should be the one who earns > 2 mil per annual to do such analysis and correction job leh, not me. Then another one who earn the same amount as this one should coordinate with this as to number of head to be "in" or "out" each yr.

LOL okie.. hmm what u say is really true..

if it was other bto, i wont really care which flat i stay.. but for this WW2.. the problem is the price is very high esp if the flat we get is the one without the view or the one directly opposite the petrol station then it makes no sense to pay for a 3room flat in WW2 when i can get a 4 room behind WW2. thats the price difference.. =(

LOL okie.. hmm what u say is really true..

if it was other bto, i wont really care which flat i stay.. but for this WW2.. the problem is the price is very high esp if the flat we get is the one without the view or the one directly opposite the petrol station then it makes no sense to pay for a 3room flat in WW2 when i can get a 4 room behind WW2. thats the price difference.. =(

I would pay for WW1....not for WW2