Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aojk7164

Marble Trouble

It seems to me that Marble flooring is really difficult to maintain as I've been reading a few threads here and there on upkeeping of marble flooring.

I recently bought a property(8yrs old) that comes with Marble flooring. I've observed some cracks in the marble and also that the flooring is badly maintained... dull with surface scratch marks etc... Have not taken over the ppty yet but comtemplating my option to change the flooring if feasible.

Will appreciate if owners of marble flooring can share with me their experience on the maintenance of the flooring. I frequently read that marble flooring gets dull over time... need polishing... is there a cost effective way to maintain the flooring and yet maintain a good shine over a long period of time?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It seems to me that Marble flooring is really difficult to maintain as I've been reading a few threads here and there on upkeeping of marble flooring.

I recently bought a property(8yrs old) that comes with Marble flooring. I've observed some cracks in the marble and also that the flooring is badly maintained... dull with surface scratch marks etc... Have not taken over the ppty yet but comtemplating my option to change the flooring if feasible.

Will appreciate if owners of marble flooring can share with me their experience on the maintenance of the flooring. I frequently read that marble flooring gets dull over time... need polishing... is there a cost effective way to maintain the flooring and yet maintain a good shine over a long period of time?

Hi Aojk7164, Call Chris of StoneCrete Systems at 93837785 (Stone Care Expert),

He can visit the place and give his expert opinion.

Hi AOJK,

If you have the budget to spare, I suggest you get rid of the old marble and put in new tiles. I just moved into my 12 y/o apartment - changed everything except living room marble flooring - regret!!! Before moving in, did a round of polishing. It did bring back abit of the shine. However, now 2 months after moving in, the shine is gone. To make things worse, very little fragments of marble start coming off the flooring. I already found 2 thus far. Looking at my friends' brand new homogenous tiles flooring. I really regret!