Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHouse88

Expensive Hdb - Solve Housing Problem At Its Roots..

If government allow hdb to be use an investment or source to generate income, then there is no way to keep in prices down.

As of now, hdb still give the best rental yield , better than commercial property or other pte property. Even if you take PR out of the pic, rich local will still rake up the prices.

Edited by HappyHouse88

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

HDB is balancing in a tight rope with balancing weights on each side.

How to sell cheap BTO yet not to let those resale flats maintain or drop.

Eh.. how about reducing the tenure, after all, most bought flats in the mid 20s, and dies around 80s. So, 60 years tenure. Current gen take care of their own burden.

Of course, Bank/HDB must still provide buyer the normal loan facility.

So, this is one segment on its own, buy cheap, sell also cheap.

AFFORDABLE ?

HDB is balancing in a tight rope with balancing weights on each side.

How to sell cheap BTO yet not to let those resale flats maintain or drop.

Yes, i agreed that the prices btw bto and resale flat will somehow have to be related. As mentioned , they shld look into stopping ppl from renting out their flats so that owners only use for own stay.

Eh.. how about reducing the tenure, after all, most bought flats in the mid 20s, and dies around 80s. So, 60 years tenure. Current gen take care of their own burden.

Of course, Bank/HDB must still provide buyer the normal loan facility.

So, this is one segment on its own, buy cheap, sell also cheap.

AFFORDABLE ?

Tenure is not the issue here. Is how much ppl are willing to pay given such a huge potential rental yield.

Back to Basics. HDB was set up so that every Singapore nuclei can have home ownership.

Later, it becomes our ONE entitlement as a Singaporean. I can even let my unit rot for all I care. When I suggested the tenure issues to counter affordability. You sidetrack to rental. There are currently so many restrictions, you still want more ?

Just ponder back quietly, think got so many stupid ppl out there still want rent than buy? Obviously, there are some groups that still need to rent affordable HDB rent then pte. Back to demand/supply again. No need to restrict. If there is no demand, we would see ppl going in this directions. Rental-be it our only 1 HDB or PTE, is also part of our retirement plan. Back to where we start, reasons for home ownership.

In life, we create many restrictions for ourselves. Example, some staff complain against co colleage, then management impose restrictions across the board.

Aren't we killing ourself ?

If we have so many restrictions, the tendency that it will become "c o m m u n i s t" where everything is being ruled and without freedom.

Like Warrior said, the keypoint is to balance both sides.

Now, I have paid so much for my flat, and I can't rent out my empty rooms? is it fair?

If I have paid my flat fully, it's considered mine (barring it's 99 yrs lease), and I can't rent out my flat? is it fair?

Please ponder for it first.

Back to Basics. HDB was set up so that every Singapore nuclei can have home ownership.

Later, it becomes our ONE entitlement as a Singaporean. I can even let my unit rot for all I care. When I suggested the tenure issues to counter affordability. You sidetrack to rental. There are currently so many restrictions, you still want more ?

Shorter tenure will not make hdb cheaper unless there is no SER and hdb take back the house after the tenure ends.

Just ponder back quietly, think got so many stupid ppl out there still want rent than buy? Obviously, there are some groups that still need to rent affordable HDB rent then pte. Back to demand/supply again. No need to restrict.

Dont really understand what you mean. If there is no rental allow, then there is no supply and demand. And who are these ppl that cannot afford pte rental? Don think they are Singaporean if the hdb prices become affordable.

If there is no demand, we would see ppl going in this directions. Rental-be it our only 1 HDB or PTE, is also part of our retirement plan.

Back to where we start, reasons for home ownership.

Yes, then make your retirement plan through pte housing, not at the expense of other singaporean who needs affordable housing

In life, we create many restrictions for ourselves. Example, some staff complain against co colleage, then management impose restrictions across the board.

Aren't we killing ourself ?

Yes,ppl are selfish by nature. They want everything for the benefit of themselves before others.

If we have so many restrictions, the tendency that it will become "c o m m u n i s t" where everything is being ruled and without freedom.

We are talking abt hdb, public housing. If you dont want so many restriction, go for pte.

Like Warrior said, the keypoint is to balance both sides.

Now, I have paid so much for my flat, and I can't rent out my empty rooms? is it fair?

If I have paid my flat fully, it's considered mine (barring it's 99 yrs lease), and I can't rent out my flat? is it fair?

We are talking abt hdb, public housing. We want everyone to have shelter first, not make profit.

Please ponder for it first.

You keep missing the point...

We all agree that HDB should not be used for make profit. However, you need to realize the reality that human need freedom.

Of course, there is certain limitation, but does it make sense?

Like my 2nd question, I have paid my flat fully, why can't I rent out? What's the logic?

As long as I earn profit, I can't do it?

Now I ask you ...

If there is an old widow with fully paid flat, can she rent it out for survival?

You keep missing the point...

We all agree that HDB should not be used for make profit. However, you need to realize the reality that human need freedom.

Of course, there is certain limitation, but does it make sense?

I guess the freedom that you are talking about is what is beneficial to you as a hdb-owner only.

As mentioned, in my post. We shld drop MOP so that we can sell and buy when we need to. 2) not to impose additional rules to PR when they buy, since they need a home while working in singapore.

All have less restrictions, but you are talking abt restrictions that benefits you!

Like my 2nd question, I have paid my flat fully, why can't I rent out? What's the logic?

As long as I earn profit, I can't do it?

In this case, dun cry mother cry father that your children cannot afford a home! Why when PR rent out their flat, Singaporean bo song, when they rent out, then its okay.

Now I ask you ...

If there is an old widow with fully paid flat, can she rent it out for survival?

Look at the big picture, they shld be taken care in other ways. That's why CPF is for and that's why the call for strong social net.

Edited by HappyHouse88

1. Why is there MOP?

2. Why there is additional rule for PR to buy a house?

You are assuming that CPF is able to take care of everything... if the CPF is wipe out to pay for the house, what do you do ?

Junior Khaw finally show some "true color".

More grants? cheaper BTO, but increase resale levy? cheaper loan rate for 1st timer?

Special grant to parents, if sell to children? Parents got cash, children still take care to parents. Grant to be revoke if parents din live there. 1st Children no need to chiong BTO. Currently both parents & children, each got 1, parent stay with children then rent out theirs for rental income....Em.also good mah..

1. Why is there MOP?

2. Why there is additional rule for PR to buy a house?

You are assuming that CPF is able to take care of everything... if the CPF is wipe out to pay for the house, what do you do ?

I think you are missing the point, not me. You shld own a hdb which primary reason is for your own stay and not for profit or as an investment. Keeping hdb affordable so that every singaporean can buy shld be ultimate objective. If by not allowing hdb to be rent out, prices will moderate. I think HDB shld do it. If you want freedom, go for pte. Go fight with Foreigner investor , rich people like yourself, and not at the expense of our younger generation.

As i say, to lower the price of hdb has to be done so that CPF will not be wipe out!

Of course some restrictions are neccessary. Especially those good ones.

Last year, 24,000 ppl are dual ownership. So this 24,000 ppl create the bubble ?

Well, I would say, some extend. On the flip side, rental had save many ppl from going to the money lender, tide over their retirement. If you impose this, there will be one less option for them. Worst case, opt for lease buy back (which I dun prefer)

Every family nuclei can only own 1 HDB, already this is in place.

Impose this, and you see more ppl seeing the MPs.

Of course some restrictions are neccessary. Especially those good ones.

Last year, 24,000 ppl are dual ownership. So this 24,000 ppl create the bubble ?

Well, I would say, some extend. On the flip side, rental had save many ppl from going to the money lender, tide over their retirement. If you impose this, there will be one less option for them. Worst case, opt for lease buy back (which I dun prefer)

Every family nuclei can only own 1 HDB, already this is in place.

Impose this, and you see more ppl seeing the MPs.

I dont see why there will be more ppl seeing the mps if MOP is lifted and prices moderate. Alot of ppl see mp because they cannot get flat in prime districts where they can make huge profits , in the disgust of wanting to live near parents .

I think these 24,000 exclude also PR / Singaporean that currently not in singapore. So i feel that number may be astonishing as the profit, seriously is huge!

BTW, what are the good restriction in your view? those that benefit you only? those that dun affect your current portfolio?

Edited by HappyHouse88

HDB was supposed to provide affordable homes for people living in Singapore. Instead of renting, to own the place where they stay. And it shld go back to that.

Sound logical.

The primary reason for property prices to be high is because of low interest rate, high inflation and property appreciation over the last few yrs. The low entry cost of HDB flat have attracted both PR as well as wealthy Singaporean to use it as an investment tool by buying them to rent out. Rental yield is a whopping 15% in some units in the central. There were also people that bought flat and simply to wait out for it to appreciation. I heard of friends that never moved into their hdb flat and sold them 1 yr later when the MOP is up.

When HDB first started, HDB are not be sublet! And I think it's time for us to do that again. HDB are meant for Singaporean , PR alike to have a comfortable place to stay and not to worry about mortagage as their CPF could easily afford. Singaporean who wishes to stay in private shld be made to sell their hdb. And they are suppose to stay in their HDB and not sublet for high rental yield. With no attractive rental yield, i believe that people (singaporean, PR) will start to pay realistic price for their hdb. HDB is suppose to be affordable housing! And seriously, one reason why Singapore has been able to stay competitive is that Singaporean has affordable housing and ,thus, less pressure for wages to go up like Hong Kong.

As at end 2010, PRs= 541k, non-residents = 1,305K.

PRs can buy public housing and stay put. Non-residents cannot buy public housing and ALL stay Hotels/dormintories?Ask these non-residents to balik Kampung? These non-residents, majority, in fact, NOW, pay to for HDB landlords.

MOP should be abolished, people shld be free to buy and sell when they need to. Especially for young family that may need to move because of childcare arrangement or aging parents shld be free to sell their house and move to place where it is more convenience or some cases cheaper.

Wow lau, tiger without teeth how to bite? without crawl how to kill? A soldier without gun, how to fight? MOP is a powerful tool to "pull and push", "as and when necessary".

I hope that the new Minister will do something radical to the system.

Edited by bepgof