Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHouse88

Expensive Hdb - Solve Housing Problem At Its Roots..

As at end 2010, PRs= 541k, non-residents = 1,305K.

PRs can buy public housing and stay put. Non-residents cannot buy public housing and ALL stay Hotels/dormintories?Ask these non-residents to balik Kampung? These non-residents, majority, in fact, NOW, pay to for HDB landlord

Yes, go back if they cannot afford to stay. Instead making business, paying higher and higher levy to squeeze these ppl out.

Wow lau, tiger without teeth how to bite? without crawl how to kill? A soldier without gun, how to fight? MOP is a powerful tool to "pull and push", "as and when necessary".

Tool for what ? to moderate the price? Actually, it's not been very effective leh.

Edited by bepgof

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As you mention,

"I heard of friends that never moved into their hdb flat and sold them 1 yr later when the MOP is up."

So that is flipping HDB flats, So now HDB imposed 5 years rule.

Then you mention again

"MOP should be abolished, people shld be free to buy and sell when they need to."

How to tell which case is genuine ?

Also, why let all the rich ppl owning pte earn all the rental investment.

Poor HDB ppl like us must be restricted and deprived of this option.

In my opinion, HDB rental play a small% of such increase in price.

My take is HDB was SLOW in anticipating the huge inflow of additional resident and the construction. As a result, some first timer went for the resale.

Mr MBT bad experience in excess flat "buy after built" cause him to misjudge this.

we can argue till the cows come home la really.

whichever policy is implemented, it will affect us.

If houses are affordable, people should not have the need to rent out for rental income or have nothing left.

Theory wise, ok. But now many have bought at high prices. How now?

U can say that they overstretched, but hey HDB approved the loan one after considering my finances.

End of the day, policy makers decide.

Not possible to please all parties now that prices are already so high.

No real solutions in life, we just re-create another problem.

Precisely! Especially during 2005-2008.

My take is HDB was SLOW in anticipating the huge inflow of additional resident and the construction. As a result, some first timer went for the resale.

Mr MBT bad experience in excess flat "buy after built" cause him to misjudge this.

This should be the way, believed all think likewise, tio bo?

In any case, i post here is not argue abt what is right and what is wrong or to force anyone to think like me.

I just want to voice my solution to the problem.

As you mention,

"I heard of friends that never moved into their hdb flat and sold them 1 yr later when the MOP is up."

So that is flipping HDB flats, So now HDB imposed 5 years rule.

Then you mention again

"MOP should be abolished, people shld be free to buy and sell when they need to."

How to tell which case is genuine ?

Even with the increase MOP, it has not stop prices from going up. Thus, it shld be abolished. MOP is not a good way to control and impose ppl with real problems to sell their flats

Also, why let all the rich ppl owning pte earn all the rental investment.

Poor HDB ppl like us must be restricted and deprived of this option.

In my opinion, HDB rental play a small% of such increase in price.

just because you dun want to lose out, then it's right ? Looking from a big picture, i believe that restrict hdb for solely own-stay will moderate the current prices and make it more affordable for fellow hardworking singapore residents.

true and not true, it's because everyone is waiting for bto/wis in mature estate, before the upturn the bto/wis at SK/Punggol has very low number of ppl balloting , not to mention many ppl drop out when they dun have a good number. they waited and waited . HDB dont have stat on the # of ppl waiting on the sideline. It was much later that these ppl turn to resale mkt. But that was too late, FT come in liao.

Edited by HappyHouse88

as i look at my monthly hdb cpf payment, more than 55% of this amount goes to the interest incurred. this feeling sucks. how i wish they can abolish interest charges for singaporeans (true blue ones born here, studied here, served ns, work here, pay tax here, started a family here and etc) when buying our first public housing. i am day dreaming....

Let u see BIG pictures, as you like it:

To be effective & efficiencient in preventive & corrective jobs, "fix-it" man needs use of "proper tools". Specific tools are designed & used for specificed jobs, however, at time, "this" tool can be used for "that" job but outcome not as desired.

Preventive is always better than corrective, in any situations.

Senior Khaw has classified the "problem" into short/middle/long terms, and he also has identified three groups of ppls have "short term" needs. He is going to fix this first. What "tools" will he use?

MBT has used tools like MOP, seller stamp, loan-value-ratio. He has thought of using the tool of "income ceiling", but does not has the opportunity of using it.

Complicated jobs need complicated tools. Tool user must be proficient in using such as well, otherwise.....

Tool for what ? to moderate the price? Actually, it's not been very effective leh.

Let u see BIG pictures, as you like it:

To be effective & efficiencient in preventive & corrective jobs, "fix-it" man needs use of "proper tools". Specific tools are designed & used for specificed jobs, however, at time, "this" tool can be used for "that" job but outcome not as desired.

Preventive is always better than corrective, in any situations.

Senior Khaw has classified the "problem" into short/middle/long terms, and he also has identified three groups of ppls have "short term" needs. He is going to fix this first. What "tools" will he use?

MBT has used tools like MOP, seller stamp, loan-value-ratio. He has thought of using the tool of "income ceiling", but does not has the opportunity of using it.

Complicated jobs need complicated tools. Tool user must be proficient in using such as well, otherwise.....

I think he will provide option of interim rental to singaporeans?

I notice the HDB is rushing the building of high-rise rental flats in many towns now. The building progress of the rental flats nearby my BTO is even faster than the building progress of my own BTO lol.

Tools which Khaw uses so far:

- Build To Order (must fulfill 70% application then build) has become "Build first, take order later". I like Lim Kim San( 林金山)style. Aim, shoot, report.

MBT style: report, report, report.

I think he will provide option of interim rental to singaporeans?

I notice the HDB is rushing the building of high-rise rental flats in many towns now. The building progress of the rental flats nearby my BTO is even faster than the building progress of my own BTO lol.

Rental HDB or Solely Studio Apartment type have smaller configuration, so that are built easily. My area took only 1 years to built, they are painting the block now..hehe

They are boosting up the rental units to clear the the 2 years que. Rental not only for the low income, but for those who may need interim accommodation base on yearly contract.

But then... those interim rental, very small one...hehe

For those young couples, low income, divorcee with child might wanna wait and see if there is improvement. But for those singles ... etc, dun think there will anything until next year.

By the way, how do HDB classify "Single with child" .. under single or divorcee with child ?