Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleek

Our 2Nd Home Slightly Further West

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sleek, your home is nicely taking shape. You've also got some good purchases. I'm sure you'll love your Brandt buys. And as for your Miele combo, nothing else needs to be said - sweet! Love that clean white washed walls and wood combo.

Woohooo... your renovation is progressing very well and faster than mine. Just completed the flooring yesterday and will be taking measurement for the carpentry works tomorrow :sport-smiley-004: Can't wait to see your finished product.

Carpentry looks good, sleek! :good:

The miele washer and dryer got demo somemore.. Woohoo! ;)

Sleek, your home is nicely taking shape. You've also got some good purchases. I'm sure you'll love your Brandt buys. And as for your Miele combo, nothing else needs to be said - sweet! Love that clean white washed walls and wood combo.

thank you ladies and gentlemen dancingqueen.gifSo far we are very pleased with the overall quality of the carpentry; eg how the boss spent alot of time with us discussing what we want and prefer while giving suitable suggestions and ideas, how they have matched the grains very well for those pieces that have obvious wood grains and workmanship of the different carpenters who do the installing to form the final cabinets.

the irony is our current brandt washer died on us today so we will have to bring actual dirty laundry tomorrow for them to do the miele demo! haha yeah.gif

What to do about my living room cove lighting? bangwall.gif

There are 2 separate strips of rainbow LED and dont know why the white is different for each strip, the white for the right strip is bluish while the left is purplish.

It is also very dim if we only turn on the cove lights as can be seen in the photo.

Issit installation or user error, we made sure to press the white light button on the remote? Thus now I cant decide if i should just change them to T5 so that it is much brighter or stick with LED but get the the pure white strips dunno.gif

Any ideas/ suggestions?

img0314xd.jpg

Edited by sleek

the irony is our current brandt washer died on us today so we will have to bring actual dirty laundry tomorrow for them to do the miele demo! haha yeah.gif

Sounds like your washer died of a broken heart! ;)

What to do about my living room cove lighting? bangwall.gif

There are 2 separate strips of rainbow LED and dont know why the white is different for each strip, the white for the right strip is bluish while the left is purplish.

It is also very dim if we only turn on the cove lights as can be seen in the photo.

Issit installation or user error, we made sure to press the white light button on the remote? Thus now I cant decide if i should just change them to T5 so that it is much brighter or stick with LED but get the the pure white strips dunno.gif

Any ideas/ suggestions?

img0314xd.jpg

Hmmm.... if you get the pure white strips, you won't get to see the color change. Have to ask yourself, what's the main purpose of the cove lights - to add brightness to the living area or to use them as a 'talking point'.

If you try them on a different color setting, would you still get two different tones of the same color? Not sure how LEDs work but could it be some loose wiring somewhere? I'm not sure if the two rows are from the same strip of lights or it's different strips. If same strip then probably installation error, if different strip, then factory error? :P

Hmmm.... if you get the pure white strips, you won't get to see the color change. Have to ask yourself, what's the main purpose of the cove lights - to add brightness to the living area or to use them as a 'talking point'.

If you try them on a different color setting, would you still get two different tones of the same color? Not sure how LEDs work but could it be some loose wiring somewhere? I'm not sure if the two rows are from the same strip of lights or it's different strips. If same strip then probably installation error, if different strip, then factory error? :P

Thanks schizoid, we decided to install the T5 and leave the LED so now we have both types of light :) I think the color difference is due to it being RGB from 2 different strips *shrug*

Hi sis sleek! Read through almost the whole thread here. Interesting to know that you found some friends here. I would certainly hope to find some here too. Sigh.... Can't tahan the whole process is sooooo slow....... If the purchase process goes smoothly, I will only get the key by mid to end feb. Need to move out by mid april. Seeing so many here takes months to complete the renovation really makes me worried as we only have about 6 to 8 weeks to renovate.

Hi sis sleek! Read through almost the whole thread here. Interesting to know that you found some friends here. I would certainly hope to find some here too. Sigh.... Can't tahan the whole process is sooooo slow....... If the purchase process goes smoothly, I will only get the key by mid to end feb. Need to move out by mid april. Seeing so many here takes months to complete the renovation really makes me worried as we only have about 6 to 8 weeks to renovate.

Welcome and thanks for reading ;) rt used to be a friendly and vibrant place to chit chat as well as discuss reno matters when I first joined but seems like not so much chit chat now :( you can come chit chat with me anytime and I on yours la.

Hope you won't have to worry about your reno taking a long time and you can find a responsible and responsive person in charge. However you must be prepared that you may have to spend quite abit of time supervising and checking; be it ID or contractor, to ensure things will run smoothly and within your stipulated time frame.

For us, we will be moving in tmrw as per feng shui and today after 8 weeks our reno is coming to an end soon as it is now rectification works and etc like kitchen counter top, kitchen doors. :)

No need to worry, beluga. I took my keys end march and I managed to finish Reno and moved in on 29apr. So I am sure it will be fine for u too. Just need to get everything ready for Reno like all the designs, tiles selection, laminate, paint colour, lightings etc.

For us, we will be moving in tmrw as per feng shui and today after 8 weeks our reno is coming to an end soon as it is now rectification works and etc like kitchen counter top, kitchen doors. :)

then when u inviting me over?? I am curious to see yr big big wiw leh. Hehe....

Welcome and thanks for reading ;) rt used to be a friendly and vibrant place to chit chat as well as discuss reno matters when I first joined but seems like not so much chit chat now :( you can come chit chat with me anytime and I on yours la.

Hope you won't have to worry about your reno taking a long time and you can find a responsible and responsive person in charge. However you must be prepared that you may have to spend quite abit of time supervising and checking; be it ID or contractor, to ensure things will run smoothly and within your stipulated time frame.

I guess the vibrancy of this place is seasonal as most ppl will be most active when it's preparing and throughout the renovation period. Once it's done up, the frequency of visiting this place will drop.

Though this will be our 3rd home, it will be one which I will spend most time and effort working on it as except for the marble flooring, everything has to redo.

then when u inviting me over?? I am curious to see yr big big wiw leh. Hehe....

meimei, i havent even moved in and you ask me this Q ah? ohmy.gif you so gan chiong, you can come by anytime from tmrw la!

I guess the vibrancy of this place is seasonal as most ppl will be most active when it's preparing and throughout the renovation period. Once it's done up, the frequency of visiting this place will drop.

Though this will be our 3rd home, it will be one which I will spend most time and effort working on it as except for the marble flooring, everything has to redo.

beluga, all the best! sounds like my situation except mine is 2nd for my husband and i, though it's been many homes in my lifetime with my parents :)

meimei, i havent even moved in and you ask me this Q ah? ohmy.gif you so gan chiong, you can come by anytime from tmrw la!

Aiyoh.... U moving in tmr then u must start to invite mah. Hehe.... I am overseas at the moment so even tmr want to go over also cannot. Hehe.... Let u settle down first lah.

Aiyoh.... U moving in tmr then u must start to invite mah. Hehe.... I am overseas at the moment so even tmr want to go over also cannot. Hehe.... Let u settle down first lah.

i really dont mind as i wont be having an official housewarming and was just intending to invite a couple of you special RT kakis over to see-see since you kindly allowed me to view your places previously thumbsup.gif