Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ricash

Need Advise On Aircon

I need help in this as I'm getting all mixed up.. I'm looking into buying a Mitsubishi system 3 Inverter, so I went to IMM lvl 3 where they are 3 aircon stores.

All 3 stores quoted me this models;

1) Mitsubishi electric starmex, MXY-3A28VA

2) Mitsubishi Heavy, SCM60ZG-S

However, 2 out of 3 stores recommended Starmex with the following reason; Heavy-24000 BTU vs Starmex-30000 BTU, quieter, more energy saving (without proof). GC recommended armaflex to go along with the aircon and show me a document proof stating armaflex U factor >10000 and K flex <5000. Also showing me a document on during the olympics, armaflex from armacell is used. One of the shop also mentioned Heavy-Made in China, Starmex-Made in Thailand.

The odd-1-out stall recommended Mitsubishi Heavy with the following reason; Heavy-25000+ BTU vs Starmex-24000+ BTU, quieter, more energy saving (with both catalog proof showing Heavy-7.5kw Max Total capacity, Starmex-7.2kw). They also recommended K-flex to go along with the aircon and show me a document proof stating K-flex U factor >10000 and armaflex <5000. Mentioned and shown me the sticker that Heavy is Made in Thailand, Starmex's sticker no indication.

I was stunned when I saw the document proof for the K-flex as GC which is next door just shown me the opposite factor..

Therefore I'm puzzled now whether the catalog's information are real or not now, if document proofs shown by both companies are exactly opposite..

Totally lost now.. :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I was there yesterday as well, about 8pm

The first shop i totally ignored as the prices were higher and the sales girl did not seem to have knowledge of the starmex.

I popped by to GC and after a while, the guy recommended that the best energy saver was not the Mitsubishi starmex but the hitachi model.

I got a bit confused as well.

Ended up didnt feel like buying and left.

Hey, have you guys checked the group buy posted for aircon thread?

Aron's quote is much lower then those shops..

You can ask him about the differences too, lots of forumers using them..

Hey, have you guys checked the group buy posted for aircon thread?

Aron's quote is much lower then those shops..

You can ask him about the differences too, lots of forumers using them..

Thanks Jammo for the recommendation :thumbs up:

I was there yesterday as well, about 8pm

The first shop i totally ignored as the prices were higher and the sales girl did not seem to have knowledge of the starmex.

I popped by to GC and after a while, the guy recommended that the best energy saver was not the Mitsubishi starmex but the hitachi model.

I got a bit confused as well.

Ended up didnt feel like buying and left.

how come leh? u looking for sys 3 or sys 4?