Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ansmania

Waterproof Laminate Flooring?

I am planning to do Allure high resilient flooring too, can someone share with me what is the estimated cost per square feet? I am limited budget and this kind of flooring probably is higher than laminate.

Can any kind soul please advise ma asap as I need to decide pretty quickly.

Millions Thanks!

i got it at 5.80/sft. it at the high side, but let me know if u want.. i can recommend my contacts?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got a quote from Evorich at $5.95 per square feet, is this the normal rate for Evorich? Or can I get cheaper?

i got it at 5.80/sft. it at the high side, but let me know if u want.. i can recommend my contacts?

Anyone heard of Quick Step laminate floor products? I am thinking of using this brand for my living and all bedrooms.. Any advice from all the experts here in RT?

Thanks a million. :yamseng:

Edited by Terrain1976

Hi all, I am also interested to do the high end resilient flooring but I got few question to ask. Is there any additional cost like hacking of skirting and supply of new skirting? What is the % of wastage they charge you?

Anyone heard of Quick Step laminate floor products? I am thinking of using this brand for my living and all bedrooms.. Any advice from all the experts here in RT?

Thanks a million. :yamseng:

It's one of the brand I have shortlisted to try as well.

24 March, there is another furniture expo at Singapore Expo, will gather more information before confirming.

as of today, there is no such thing as waterproof laminate flooring.

there are technologies to cover individual laminates with wax layer, which makes it water resistant.

for waterproof flooring, get vinyl tiles/planks

Hi, all anyone actually installed high end waterproof resilient tiles? Any problems so far? There is a sales at krono-original anyone going there?

Can anyone reccommend what flooring to use? Very confusing, so many floorings out there, can anyone lump all the laminates together so we can get a better reference??

With understanding from Floorrich Global pte ltd, PERGO(exclusive brand) is the right choice of laminate flooring. With elements of aluminum oxide(2nd hardest) combined with multi layers of outer layer + waxing on the click system tongue, sure its a water resistant stronger than others.

You can reach Kelvyn, Floorrich Global Pte ltd @82998082.

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while finally decided to sign up. In the midst of my reno now, totally self managing with advice time to time from friend who run ID firm.

Kinda wanted to spend minimum but decided to do up laminate flooring for my new born son.

I googled a few brands some very cheap like Perle Noire $2.8 but was also kinda concerned low price + only 5 year warranty. I came across Evorich and got a verbal quote. Seemed very expensive to me, $6+ even for laminates.

But I decided to go down take a look at their HERF coz I have a newborn and I was concerned about water spills.

In the end my wife liked the HERF texture and I liked that the HERF is water resistant and so I put down the deposit.

Was just looking at this thread and noticed that some have installed the HERF.

Can you share more of your experience? Want to make sure I didn't make the wrong decision as my flooring is installing next week. If it's really bad, I might request to change to their laminate flooring instead!

Hi,

I've a laminate flooring package from Evorich to let go.

Anyone interested to take over, please do PM me for details.

Cheers

Hi everyone, been lurking for a while finally decided to sign up. In the midst of my reno now, totally self managing with advice time to time from friend who run ID firm.

Kinda wanted to spend minimum but decided to do up laminate flooring for my new born son.

I googled a few brands some very cheap like Perle Noire $2.8 but was also kinda concerned low price + only 5 year warranty. I came across Evorich and got a verbal quote. Seemed very expensive to me, $6+ even for laminates.

But I decided to go down take a look at their HERF coz I have a newborn and I was concerned about water spills.

In the end my wife liked the HERF texture and I liked that the HERF is water resistant and so I put down the deposit.

Was just looking at this thread and noticed that some have installed the HERF.

Can you share more of your experience? Want to make sure I didn't make the wrong decision as my flooring is installing next week. If it's really bad, I might request to change to their laminate flooring instead!

Have you done your HERF from Evorich?

You like it? Please share your experience.

There are no such things as waterproof laminate flooring.

Laminate flooring as it is universally known, refers to floor boards consisting of natural wood material with a top layer of decorative laminate.

Cashing on its popularity, manufacturers of other types of flooring materials such as vinyl and composite board (composition of different synthetic materials)which are not or less water-absorbent, have incorporated laminate as the top layer for their products, and also the click-joint system for floating floors popularized by laminate flooring, and selling them as waterproof laminate flooring.

In truth, these flooring are not waterproof either as water if left standing on them for too many hours; as in the case of laminate flooring, will penetrate through the joints and edges, and if left unattended will collect molds and bacteria buildup. Ultimately, these "waterproof" flooring will still require to be removed and change.

Another downside of these flooring is the controversies concerning health safety.

In the case of vinyl, plasticizers which are needed to soften or make it "resilient", also makes them hazardous to human health, especially to children and expectant mothers.

Source: a very recent report by the American Public Health Association

http://www.apha.org/NR/rdonlyres/9E189B51-C94C-42EB-8BC6-BB7702569A4E/0/B6.pdf

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/04/anti-pvc-push-in-health-care-grows/