Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dare

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Con Malfunction

Hmm, in that case why did the agent not do this previously and instead charged me over $300 for parts? Previously the aircon was simply not cold, now the gas tank has leaked EMPTY just a few months after "repair".

Just spoke with them and they want another $200+ for "testing". I am getting fed up and may speak to CASE on this matter. Any others here who have had issues with Wo Kee Hong that would like to join in?

I think it's not only MHI agent that rip you off..

My experience with Sharp also the same. Called the agent for repair, need to pay $50++. Technician came just look look only, take few photos and left the site.

I asked why never service, he said that $50++ only to check. If the compressor faulty, need to examine first and bring to their office (it will cost around $200 just to test and decide whether the compressor faulty)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Update:

I called back to MHI after testing the "non-auto" settings for a week. That advice by the serviceman turned out to be rubbish. Nothing was solved.

On June 11th they sent a new pair of servicemen to test the aircon system again. They said the PDB circuitboard in the compressor was wonky and that the piping installed by Hongtar might be faulty as there was a water gushing sound made by the aircon. So I made to make ANOTHER arrangement for them to replace the PCB and test the pipes.

I was informed that the PCB "is not part of the compressor" so I had to pay $130 for it. As far as I know, my warranty covers 2 aircon units and the compressor and the PCB is fitted into the compressor so 'm not happy with this cheat that they're pulling. Nevertheless, I said replace it for now...

Yet another group came on the 18th, and after replacing the PCB the water gushing sound stopped... so I guess they were wrong about the pipes. But they said they need to flush the aircon gas (WTF??) and I needed to make yet another appointment and maybe pay more.

And guess what, that night, the aircon still malfunctioned and stopped blowing cold air. So the original problem was still not solved.

I tried calling them but they said "report not in, we will call you back". That was Monday morning. Still no word from them.

$215 and 3 visits later I am still having the same problem, and I've wasted at least 5 hours of my weekends waiting for them. Frankly I don't think they know what's going on and are "hantaming" solutions at my expense. I'm still not happy about the bull**** about the PCB not being part of the compressor warranty either.

I would recommend to all aircon buyers to STAY AWAY from MHI. The product has been trouble for me and the service is terrible.

I am going to give them a while more and see if this aircon thing gets solved. If they continue to do stupid things I will be sending CASE after them.

Hi renmapiao,

I would to share with u bxxt tech service.. I have only one word for them, lousy..What happened is that they actually installed my MHI on Sunday, but the aircon is not cold after switching 30min. So I called them n they get the MHI distributor to arrange for on site examine... The result is that the gas pressure is only 130psi and it should be 150psi... That y the aircons are not cold.. The MHI suspect that the bxxt tech did a bad installation that cause the gas leak.. Then MHI guys will inform bxxt tech ppl to come and pump gas the next day so I didn't bother... After one day, no one called n I called them trying to arrange for the gas pumping on coming sat... Despite calling them 4 times the operator assure me that they will get their service guys to call me each time but still no calls from them... Really disappointed...

Desmond

Hmm, in that case why did the agent not do this previously and instead charged me over $300 for parts? Previously the aircon was simply not cold, now the gas tank has leaked EMPTY just a few months after "repair".

Just spoke with them and they want another $200+ for "testing". I am getting fed up and may speak to CASE on this matter. Any others here who have had issues with Wo Kee Hong that would like to join in?

Hai there ......me too using MI for 3yr and now the aircon cannot be on due to gas not enough according to previous serviceman after top up for 2mth ago.......any solution from u to solve the problem. ..

Hai there ......me too using MI for 3yr and now the aircon cannot be on due to gas not enough according to previous serviceman after top up for 2mth ago.......any solution from u to solve the problem. ..

Look for other air con svc man... we can't DIY for sure...

hi, i am using mit starmex, odd problem, turn on to fan mode only for 1 fcu but blows out cold air. after less than few days of use, one of the fcu cannot power on. next thing i know all the other 3 fcu blowing warm air and lights blinking and auto power off. now even the compressor is not running..... i'd advise all to avoid this a/c, it is as problematic as jack...

Edited by Sixtus

Hi all, I am also using MHI inverter ac from Gain city. I also feel that it's not cold at all. i have to set the temp to 20 and blower speed at max. have to move the flaps to face the bed directly. Is this normal for MHI? i have tried switching on my hall AC. i am using a 22000 BTU unit in my hall. and it doesn't feel cold. only slight cool feeling. Any one solve this issue with MHI? thanks.

Hi all, I am also using MHI inverter ac from Gain city. I also feel that it's not cold at all. i have to set the temp to 20 and blower speed at max. have to move the flaps to face the bed directly. Is this normal for MHI? i have tried switching on my hall AC. i am using a 22000 BTU unit in my hall. and it doesn't feel cold. only slight cool feeling. Any one solve this issue with MHI? thanks.

I had engaged Mr Chua for my aircon regular services. He is a nice and quite friendly guy. Indeed, his workmanship is very good as well. U may call him @ 9640xxxx

Hi Calvin, Have you had the issue solved? I have the exactly same issue as you! I asked the contractors who came to help me installed to check on the installation, but no problem was found. I really don't understand where the problem lies at. The room just cant meet the coldness expectations! If you have your problem solved, could you give me some advice? Thanks alot

Hi Calvin, Have you had the issue solved? I have the exactly same issue as you! I asked the contractors who came to help me installed to check on the installation, but no problem was found. I really don't understand where the problem lies at. The room just cant meet the coldness expectations! If you have your problem solved, could you give me some advice? Thanks alot

Gas pressure are very important to let those Aircon cooling down.

If your Aircon even set to 20-18C still feel like winding, that meant gas shortage.

The best cooling from 24C to 25C is a normal Aircon condition, others than that should check gas pressure.

Gas pressure are very important to let those Aircon cooling down.

If your Aircon even set to 20-18C still feel like winding, that meant gas shortage.

The best cooling from 24C to 25C is a normal Aircon condition, others than that should check gas pressure.

Hi KimSim, the installer came and check. Told me there's no leakage, pressure is alright etc. So will it really be gas shortage causing the problem? or will it be possible the new MHI hardware already have some issue? if i switch to 24-25 degree, the aircon is worst than mrt or bus cooling, its definitely not normal right? My room is not that big, its a 4rm resale. Even if i just on one aircon unit, the cooling is still not enough to me. =(