Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

after getting the Door contractor to come down, he took down the door to investigate. Seems like it's not the door that is rotting and dropping wood shavings... He is saying it might be the sofa.... :jawdrop:

So now we are leaving the place for a week to see where the dust is accumulating.. the specky things aren't really wood dust.. they are hard specks towards sand.. anyone knows what this is??

218.jpg

Edited by Serangoon4room

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

after getting the Door contractor to come down, he took down the door to investigate. Seems like it's not the door that is rotting and dropping wood shavings... He is saying it might be the sofa.... :jawdrop:

So now we are leaving the place for a week to see where the dust is accumulating.. the specky things aren't really wood dust.. they are hard specks towards sand.. anyone knows what this is??

218.jpg

let's hope they are not the doing of ants....i had similiar looking dust specks on my floor for a couple of weeks, before i finally realized they are from my teak table, where the ants found a groove line, and made a home inside of it. once i had the wood filler cover up the groove line, that solved the problem.

let's hope they are not the doing of ants....i had similiar looking dust specks on my floor for a couple of weeks, before i finally realized they are from my teak table, where the ants found a groove line, and made a home inside of it. once i had the wood filler cover up the groove line, that solved the problem.

for ants to make so much dusts, looks scary leh... but if its near the main door, what else is around there that could cost this?? hhmm.... :dunno:

for ants to make so much dusts, looks scary leh... but if its near the main door, what else is around there that could cost this?? hhmm.... :dunno:

My friend's DBSS kitchen cabinets got such wood like deposits. Think was caused by some bugs. Better check.

How much more ex is the thread compared to normal types? Im keen to hv this type of drawer too.

Yes, i personally requested for wide and deep drawers so that i can store my pots and pans. Putting pots and pans in cupboards are very troublesome as you have to remove those outside to get those stuffed inside. Using drawers, you can reach for any pots and pans.

There's a catch though... the drawer thread has to be very strong in order to support the weight of the pots and pans when you are pulling the drawer. Maximum stress when you fully extent the drawers. so if you use the normal threads, it will wear off quite quickly and your drawer will be a bit crooked and tougher to pull out.... Have to get the expensive metal thread for such drawers if you are planning for heavy stuff.

It's been a while!! Having my own home is really great experience. Time to share a new finding!!

New Tip: False Ceiling amplifies the noises made upstairs.

Remember earlier, i mentioned i hear shuffling noises in my false ceiling and i thought it's a family of lizards. The shuffling noises are really loud and moving fast around the whole room.

Mystery solved!!

It's actually my neighbours' dog upstairs. I guess the dog didn't cut his nails and when he's running around, his nails rattle against their floor. :jawdrop:False ceiling amplifies the noises made upstairs!!! :jawdrop:

It's incredible how much louder the noises become..

I'm thinking of getting a pedicure voucher for the dog upstairs... especially when my MBR has false ceiling and the dog runs everywhere at night!!

It's been a while!! Having my own home is really great experience. Time to share a new finding!!

New Tip: False Ceiling amplifies the noises made upstairs.

Remember earlier, i mentioned i hear shuffling noises in my false ceiling and i thought it's a family of lizards. The shuffling noises are really loud and moving fast around the whole room.

Mystery solved!!

It's actually my neighbours' dog upstairs. I guess the dog didn't cut his nails and when he's running around, his nails rattle against their floor. :jawdrop:False ceiling amplifies the noises made upstairs!!! :jawdrop:

It's incredible how much louder the noises become..

I'm thinking of getting a pedicure voucher for the dog upstairs... especially when my MBR has false ceiling and the dog runs everywhere at night!!

Wahahaha... How I wished I'm staying above you, so my dog can have free pedicure.

Nice house :yamseng:

Haiz.. have to delay handover to next week cos there's too many outstanding things to fix...

Living room

Hollow Tiles

Uneven patches on top of kitchen entrance

Unvent patches below Aircon

Main Gate has hole not filled on top

Main door has holes not filled at lock area

Kitchen

Floor Stains

Solid surface white paint stains

Solid surface crack near powerpoint area

Kitchen tiles gaps not filled up.

Glass backing not up.

Common Toilet

Floor Stains

Hollow wall tile

Study Room

Poor paint job

Ceiling hooks not removed near window and near the light

Guest Room

Poor paint job

Ceiling hooks not removed near window

Curtain Pole not removed.

MBR

WIW edge at entrance not covered.

Hollow Floor tile

MBR Toilet

Screen door not up

Box up not up.

Toilet floor tiles spoilt due to WC installation

Water Pipe into Toilet not covered with Wall Tiles

Towel Rack crooked.

To all areas

3 Room Doors not replaced yet.

All holes removed must be filled up, plastered and repainted.

0023e.jpg

Found many hollow tiles in my Living room. Terence will be changing but he mentioned it may result in very slight uneveness as the replaced tiles may not flush perfectly... this got me thinking but what the heck, there's too many hollow tiles... Buckling would be a worse problem for me in the future.