Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Hi

What is hollow tiles and how do we know that it's hollow tiles?

Hi, There's a proper tool that you can hit on the tiles to detect if there's is hollowness in the tiles.

What i used was just a big metal screw left over from the TV installation...

Make sure you get a full metal screw.. hit on the floor tiles.. you'll notice the difference in sounds produced when the area below is hollow...

if the tile beneath is hollow, it would sound differently if the tile was cemented properly...

if the hollowness per tile is only 20%, it's still ok.. if it's around 50%, you will risk that the tile will pop out in 15 to 20 years...

do know that for new flats, the tiles hollowness inspection is very strict... any hollow tile (even if 20%) will be highlighted and must be replaced. For renovations works, the owners tend to miss out this inspection.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

May i know how much did you paid for Joven i70p instant water heater??

How does it perform? Thanks :)

yes it worked.. the water pressure was increased by 20%..

though i was really hoping that it would increase by 50%... haha.

the sound created by the pump is negligible and i would strongly encourage you to get one from M'sia.

can't remember how much i bought it.. it's around 500 to 600 ringit.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1551315/all

this link shows the difference between swtiching on the pump and switching off. the sound is not as loud as the player...

yes it worked.. the water pressure was increased by 20%..

though i was really hoping that it would increase by 50%... haha.

the sound created by the pump is negligible and i would strongly encourage you to get one from M'sia.

can't remember how much i bought it.. it's around 500 to 600 ringit.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1551315/all

this link shows the difference between swtiching on the pump and switching off. the sound is not as loud as the player...

Hi Thanks,

I need assurance that this model is really working, thanks again :)

do you mind to PM me where did you get it in M'sia?

By the way, Any idea how to maintain the cove lighting area?? how to clean the dust? :)

Edited by keepsimple

Hi Thanks,

I need assurance that this model is really working, thanks again :)

do you mind to PM me where did you get it in M'sia?

By the way, Any idea how to maintain the cove lighting area?? how to clean the dust? :)

erm... imagine there is no dust there. haha.

think the simplest method is to get those Rechargeable Vacuum Cleaner, climb the stairs to clean..

or those vacuum with very long tubes and inverted nozzle...

I don't think i will ever clean my cove lights.... unless it starts to drop dust...

Hi there - your home looks nice :)

I have a quick question for you. My contractor has done up a similar feature wall in the living area in my flat. But, I see that there is a gap at the place where two laminate pieces meet at 90 degrees or right angle. See the pic. Did you face a similar issue? How did you deal with it?

muzn9z.jpg

Your customized console in your MBR looks good. Can share more pictures on the design. Did you plan a space to put a cable tv box?

I have a quick question for you. My contractor has done up a similar feature wall in the living area in my flat. But, I see that there is a gap at the place where two laminate pieces meet at 90 degrees or right angle. See the pic. Did you face a similar issue? How did you deal with it?

muzn9z.jpg

I do have a slight gap. Terence warned me of this and recommended me a laminate that is thin so that the gap won't be obvious. You can also pay for workmanship to "paint" it using a similar color. There is a term for this but can't remember

Your customized console in your MBR looks good. Can share more pictures on the design. Did you plan a space to put a cable tv box?

Yes , I managed to squeeze a cable box there. But it's not easy to pull the wiring from the tv console and exit from the side.

Hi Serangoon, May i know is solid top surface doing good for you? I'm not sure what to go for my kitchen top. I was recommended granite. My id was showing me the difference between quartz and granite. Forgot what he says liao.

Hi Serangoon, May i know is solid top surface doing good for you? I'm not sure what to go for my kitchen top. I was recommended granite. My id was showing me the difference between quartz and granite. Forgot what he says liao.

I don't do a lot of cooking, so solid surface is good enough. Solid surface can be easily stained.. Ie if you drip coffee onto the surface and you didn't wipe it off , it will leave a stain there and it's not easy to get rid of it. And solid surface can be easily scratched... If you get dark colored solid surface, the scratches will be very obvious. Granite is stronger and anti-stain, anti scratch

after getting the Door contractor to come down, he took down the door to investigate. Seems like it's not the door that is rotting and dropping wood shavings... He is saying it might be the sofa.... :jawdrop:

So now we are leaving the place for a week to see where the dust is accumulating.. the specky things aren't really wood dust.. they are hard specks towards sand.. anyone knows what this is??

218.jpg

Hi your house is so nice, Bravo!

Recently I also saw this kinda of thing near my common toilet door frame. may i know what was it? and how did you deal with your door in the end?

Thanks !

muzn9z.jpg

Hi

This gap is caused by the laminates backing which is normally in black color. The front of the laminates shown is the wooden brown grains textures.

When 2 labminates are joint at an angle which we can see the blacken lines which at times is not good to esthetics view and is quite ugly.

This can be ugly gap could be corrected or minimised by the carpentry workmen by applying art and craft hand work using brush to paint over the black line.

In your case which is the brown laminates, which be likely using the brown color paint to coat over the black lines.

Hi your house is so nice, Bravo!

Recently I also saw this kinda of thing near my common toilet door frame. may i know what was it? and how did you deal with your door in the end?

Thanks !

Initially I thought it was some insects attacking my wood furniture. But the following few days, we don't see this dust specks any more gathering at my door. My conclusion is that because my house is new and dusty, and was empty during that period, the wind blowing in from my kitchen through the main door traps all the dust at my door area.