Sign in to follow this  
Serangoon4room

My New Home - Serangoon 4 Room

Day Time!

0195e.jpg

0147e.jpg

026e5.jpg

021e5e.jpg

Hi could u share how much were u being charged for the WIW entrance door? Thinking of doing a similar one for my miserably small WIW... TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi could u share how much were u being charged for the WIW entrance door? Thinking of doing a similar one for my miserably small WIW... TIA!

Didn't have the breakdown.$ 2400 for the wardrobe and the 2 doors

Hi everyone!

It's been a while!

WTS Noguchi Coffee Table imitation at SGD200.

Bought in 2012 from Comfort Design at SGD400.

Condition: 8.5/10 - very good condition. No scratches. 8.5 is because it's 2 years old.

Width: 123cm
Height: 93cm

Self Collection from my Home at Serangoon Ave 3
Advise to get your friend along to carry this back.
Can fit into car as the legs can fold and is not attached to glass table top.

Reason for selling is to make way for our little angel. Need to make more space in the living room.

IMG_20140811_201147.jpg

Interested parties please PM me.

Edited by Serangoon4room

Anyway, since i'm back to renotalk, let me share with you my home experience after 2 years...

1. Recommended my contractor to 2 other friends. Good feedback from the first one, but poor feedback from the second one. Poor feedback mainly because my friend renovated his house during a peak season, and contractor had many projects running together. Contractor fell sick and my friend's renovation was seriously delayed with poor finishings.... all in all, even if you have hired a contractor with good feedback, it's still goes to heng suay to have a good home reno experience.

2. My favourite installations were the individual downlight dimmers in my MBR above my side of the bed and my wife's side. very functional and create a good atmosphere for pre-sleeping mood. At night, I usually switched on only the dimmers in my MBR and dim it to 40%... i can continue reading and my wife can sleep first with her side of the dimmer switched off. Highly recommend that you have dimmers for your bedside lamps.

3. Most useless installation was the lights installed below my suspended TV console in my living room. No use for it ultimately. When you switch on the lights, the glossy floor tiles will reflect the underside of the TV console which is not flattering anyway.

4. Suspended TV console must be small and carry light stuff. My TV console was quite heavy with a very bulky amplifier.. within 1.5 years, it started to tilt... so i have to install metal brackets below to support it.. if given a chance now, i would have hoped to get a TV console all the way to the floor. It will give me more storage space as well and put heavier stuff.

5. Don't lose your rooms. Many friends have regretted knocking down a wall to connect one bedroom to their MBR. Although it gives them much more space in the MBR, all of them regretted when they had a baby and realised having more rooms is more important. So probably my advise is that you can shift the wall dividing your MBR and bedroom so that your MBR is bigger and eat into the space of the bedroom. However, don't knock down the wall and lose the room.

6. When you plan your renovation, always remember storage space is very impt.

• Like 3

Hi

You mentioned in earlier post that it was difficult to put in the tv cables and speaker cable behind the feature wall and to pull it out from the side. I am having my tv installed in a weeks time and we have a hole drilled in the middle of our tv wall and an opening at the bottom, contractor recommended tying the wires and plugs together and sort of suspending it slowly down behind the wall and pull from bottom the plug heads, did you do this way as well or have an alternative suggestion?

Hi

You mentioned in earlier post that it was difficult to put in the tv cables and speaker cable behind the feature wall and to pull it out from the side. I am having my tv installed in a weeks time and we have a hole drilled in the middle of our tv wall and an opening at the bottom, contractor recommended tying the wires and plugs together and sort of suspending it slowly down behind the wall and pull from bottom the plug heads, did you do this way as well or have an alternative suggestion?

yes, i have to slowly lower the cables from the hole in the middle to the bottom. Makes it more difficult when you subsequently have to add new cables through the middle hole to the bottom where the feature wall is already cluttered with Cables. for example: your Starhub/Mio box will come later and you need to drag a HDMI cable as well.. Or later you buy a sound bar/amplifier and you need to connect to your TV. or Playstation, BluRay Player etc etc.

1. Firstly, depending on how many HDMIs outlets your TV have, prepare the HDMIs in advance. Get at least 3 additional HDMI cables and when they are mounting the TV, together with the TV's HDMI cable and electrical plug, pull all of them together at one go from the centre hole to the bottom... At least when you buy the subsequent stuff, you already have a few HDMI cables ready to connect...

2. Have an extra long nylon string hiding behind the TV, running through the middle hole to the bottom. Any time you need to pull another cable from the hole in middle to the bottom or vice versa, you can tie the cable to the nylon string and pull from the other end... Don't tie the cable at the extreme end of the nylon string.. .keep a good length so that you can pull the string back and reuse it again....

• Like 1

TABLE IS SOLD!!!

Hi everyone!

It's been a while!

WTS Noguchi Coffee Table imitation at SGD200.

Bought in 2012 from Comfort Design at SGD400.

Condition: 8.5/10 - very good condition. No scratches. 8.5 is because it's 2 years old.

Width: 123cm
Height: 93cm

Self Collection from my Home at Serangoon Ave 3
Advise to get your friend along to carry this back.
Can fit into car as the legs can fold and is not attached to glass table top.

Reason for selling is to make way for our little angel. Need to make more space in the living room.

IMG_20140811_201147.jpg

Interested parties please PM me.

Thanks everyone for your Interest. Table is sold via Gumtree