Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nipponho

Ba Gua Mirror

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone is very deeply knowledgeable in Chinese fengshui to be able to answer my question.

I read in internet先天 ba gua is considered yin and usually used for burial sites 阴宅。 后天 八卦 is considered yang and used for residence 阳宅。

I was shopping for a ba gua mirror when I realized that all of them available have the early heaven arrangement, can’t find any with the later heaven arrangement. Why like this? Is it still appropriate to use a item meant for burial site on residence? Having this unanswered puzzlement, I held off buying until I can see enlightenment.

Also, if I want to add a talisman on my front door, like what some people do, how to go about doing it? Get from temple, & which temple? Or do I find the sample & draw it myself using red marker? Or is picture of a door god or kuan kong better?

I live in a 3 room hdb, so it is not appropriate to place pixiu as it might be easily stolen.

Any recommendations?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Nipponho,

there are two gua which are 先天 and 后天 八卦.

The first originated from He Tu while the second develope from luo shu.

FS is developed based on the first gua while the second gua is more for usage.

No prob if u want to put a 先天gua but i will not recommend such strong FS products unless necessary especially on your front door.

There are many ways to prevent misfortune.

For tailsman, u dun sound like a buddhist. i will recommend u dun do anything if u are not familiar.

If the house need FS adjustment, your FS master should be able to advise on other means.

regards,

You started an interesting yet boring subject. Long story to read (pls read china's 5 thousand yrs history)http://www.asia-home.com/china/dyna.php, the more one reads, more confusion will get. I have been confused for years.

Bagua associates with I-ching. What I can say is: 宋代興起了易圖的研究,像廣為人知的河圖、洛書、先天圖、後天圖、太極圖(含陰陽魚的圓形圖案)等,都是《易經》原著中所無、後人根據對《易經》的理解添加進去的。《易经》的主要内容分三个方面,就是理,象,数

(易經)事实上是集合了古代的《连山》、《归藏》和《周易》,但《连山》和《归藏》已经失传。《易經》以一套符号系統來描述狀態的变易,表現了中國古典文化的哲學和宇宙观。它的中心思想,是以阴阳兩種元素的對立統一去描述世間万物的变化。

廣义的《易》包括《易經》和《易傳》。《易經》分為《上經》三十卦,《下經》三十四卦。

由于《易經》成書很早,大約在西周時期,文字含義隨時代演變,《易經》的内容在春秋戰國時便已不易讀懂,因此春秋戰國時代的人撰寫了《十翼》,又稱為《易傳》,以解讀《易經》。

普遍認為《易經》最初是占卜用的书,但它的影響遍及中國的哲學、宗教、醫學、天文、算术、文學、音樂、藝術、軍事和武術。自從十七世紀開始,《易經》亦被介绍到西方。十七世紀末,德國哲學家及數學家莱布尼茨因漢學大師布維(Joachim Bouvet,漢名白晉,1662年-1732年)的介紹、更將《易經》以二進制解釋(Binary system)。

I have drawn the "sequence" of the 8 components of both bagua. Can see any difference or "logic of difference"???

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/9910/95764274.jpg

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3828/88518741.jpg

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%85%AB%E5%8D%A6

My personal advise is: forget about what early/later bagua. Some peoples enjoyed confusing peoples. I-ching in fact try to explain the complex laws of mother nature. 一物克一物, bagua itself cannot 克 anything.

Edited by bepgof

Hi gnolard, thanks! Just like many singaporeans , i am hybrid, half buddhist, half taoist. Pure Buddhists will not use talisman.

Tbere are pointed arrows pointing to my door. Anyway, right from beginning, i already made a major mistake. I used Bazhai to identify my favourable directions & searched for flat on this basis. It divides millions of human beings in this world into just 8 groups. Bazi is supposed to be more accurate as the combination is unique to the individual.

Ok lah, don't confuse you, get it right to the point: Bagua, whatever the arrangement of the 8 挂, is just an iconic picture, no more and no less. Alternatively, you can write: 000, 001, 010, 011, 100, 101, 110, 111 on your door.

Hi Bepgof, very confusing indeed. Thanks for the confusion anyway, hahahaha. Cheers.

Hi gnolard, thanks! Just like many singaporeans , i am hybrid, half buddhist, half taoist. Pure Buddhists will not use talisman.

Tbere are pointed arrows pointing to my door. Anyway, right from beginning, i already made a major mistake. I used Bazhai to identify my favourable directions & searched for flat on this basis. It divides millions of human beings in this world into just 8 groups. Bazi is supposed to be more accurate as the combination is unique to the individual.

Bazhai is more long term but takes time for effect to show. i would say its still accurate but probably people will shift away before the effect takes place.

U shld use XuanKong which is more complicated but accurate and fast. But for professionals, some dun favor such complicated auditing which takes time and patience and experience (Time is money u know). However there are good ones who uses both (in HK or mainland china).

Bazi is different from FengShui. Bazi calculates a person's life while FengShui talks more on landscape and house's energy.

Bazi itself is divided into different schools which common ones are Zi Ping Ba Zhi or Zi Wei Dou Shu.

Its still not too late to change your FengShui layout based on Xuan Kong which i will recommend u to redo a auditing if u are really uncomfortable about it.

Bazi itself is divided into different schools which common ones are Zi Ping Ba Zhi or Zi Wei Dou Shu.

Hi gnolard,

No offence please.

I always thought that Bazi and Zi Wei are 2 different system. The different schools for Bazi are Yuan Hai Zi Ping (aka Zi Ping Bazi)and Meng Pai etc?

Hi Nipponho,

It isn't that Bazhai is useless. The current market teaching of East 4 and West 4 group are just tip of the iceberg for Bazhai system. The system can also be pretty complicated involving different stars as well as wuxing sheng ke and others to be considered.

I agree with gnolard that if you are still uncomfortable, get professional help rather than DIY.

Bazhai is more long term but takes time for effect to show. i would say its still accurate but probably people will shift away before the effect takes place.

U shld use XuanKong which is more complicated but accurate and fast. But for professionals, some dun favor such complicated auditing which takes time and patience and experience (Time is money u know). However there are good ones who uses both (in HK or mainland china).

To be precise, bazhai= 8 houses = classifies one's DOB into 8 categories of "directions". DOB A suit direction A, DOB B suits direction B, etc etc. The 8 category classification based on 0 to 9 is a "mathermatical game". All houses got only 8 direction meh? Doors?/windows?/balcony? decide house directions? Or a house with 8 directions facing suits for all kind of people :rolleyes:

Bazi is different from FengShui.

To be precise, it is a branch of divination.

Hi gnolard,

No offence please.

I always thought that Bazi and Zi Wei are 2 different system. The different schools for Bazi are Yuan Hai Zi Ping (aka Zi Ping Bazi)and Meng Pai etc?

Hi Flyingknight,

u are right. Ba Zi and Zi Wei are different school.

But in layman term, people always say "hey, where do i get my ba zi read?" rather than "hey! where do i get my zi wei read?".

So im trying not to confuse people. =)

Thanks for pointing this out.