Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nismosunny

Parquet Flooring Finishing

Hi guys,

I am choosing between semi-glass and semi-matte vanishing for my Parquet flooring.

Actually i prefer something which can be less maintenance and with-stand scratching.

Which 1 should i go for?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi guys,

I am choosing between semi-glass and semi-matte vanishing for my Parquet flooring.

Actually i prefer something which can be less maintenance and with-stand scratching.

Which 1 should i go for?

Hi nismosunny,

Have you considered strand woven bamboo flooring for your home?

It is exactly what you need, less maintenance (vacuum or sweep only) and scratch and water resistant.

Bamboo Flooring Vs Hardwood

Bamboo Flooring in your Front room

The finishing you can see from the below pictures;

greenfielddr1.th.jpg

20110420151830.th.jpg

Hopefully the information will be useful for you, :)

Hi guys,

Which 1 should i go for?

Hi nismosunny,

Have you considered strand woven bamboo flooring for your home?

It is exactly what you need, less maintenance (vacuum or sweep only) and scratch and water resistant.

Bamboo Flooring Vs Hardwood

Bamboo Flooring in your Front room

The finishing you can see from the below pictures;

greenfielddr1.th.jpg

20110420151830.th.jpg

Hopefully the information will be useful for you, :)

Can't agree more. Bamboo is GREAT.

Its a new flat which come fitted with parquet flooring for 3 bedrooms. Isnt it a waste to remove and replace?

I am looking for better solutions so as to make it less maintenance and not so prone to scratches as i have heard dropping a coin may dent or scratch the flooring without varnishing.

Its a new flat which come fitted with parquet flooring for 3 bedrooms. Isnt it a waste to remove and replace?

I am looking for better solutions so as to make it less maintenance and not so prone to scratches as i have heard dropping a coin may dent or scratch the flooring without varnishing.

they say do matt surfacing .. but i prefer semi gloss looks newer and a few dents here and there i should be able to live with it or repolish next time bah (maybe yearly thing) cause im more concern with water resistance issues ..

Hi all,

like to find out which is more water resistant? Matt or gloss finishing?

Also, do you experience the initial 'cracking sounds' at night when u switch on ur aircon?

Tiler said it's normal initially - I don't feel gd.

Hi all,

like to find out which is more water resistant? Matt or gloss finishing?

Also, do you experience the initial 'cracking sounds' at night when u switch on ur aircon?

Tiler said it's normal initially - I don't feel gd.

Hi, water resistance has nothing to do with the gloss level of finishing. As for the aircon, i guess the wood is shrinking a little due to the drop in temperature. this is normal for the first few months while the wood settles in.

i have been using parquet for the past 20+ years, you should go for matt / semi matt finishing. Gloss finishing not advisable as the scratches as mentioned by Calvary Carpentry, that it will be very obvious under lightings

I have my parquet floor in the bedrooms all sanded and had damage ones repaired. The finished product is matt-finished.