Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edenstrauss

Feedback On Princebed Mattresses

Hi folks,

does anybody know anything about Princebed mattresses? There are bad reviews on Princebed mattresses here on RT but the brand has reputedly been in existent here in Singapore for many many years according to the showrooms that we went to.

here's the bad review (post #9 of the thread):

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15365&view=findpost&p=599531

I'm looking for customisation of an European King sized mattress (190cm x 200cm) for my existing bedframe and chanced upon a heartland furniture shop that sells this brand of mattresses in Tampines Street 81.

The guy who served me, presumably the boss, asked me if I were sleeping in an air-conditioned room and I told him no. So he told me to avoid memory foam & lattex mattresses as those tend to be heat retainers.

I was surprised because most of the retail showrooms that I went, had never mentioned to me that such mattresses would be hot.

He went on to introduce one of the pocketed spring mattresses, coated with a layer of high density foam from Princebed. 11" thick. But he told me that the foam would flatten over time. Say in about 5 years, which to me, meant that it has a tendency to age fast, even though the warranty period says 15 years.

And for a customisation of an European King sized bed, he has quoted me a pricing of $1,100 only - sounds ridiculously cheap... not sure if the bed would go out of shape or give us problems along the way.

But has anybody on Renotalk used Princebed mattresses before? Or bought one recently or had been using it for say 6 months to a year already?

Thanks in advance :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Memory foam will trap heat, but latex (natural, not those synthetic types) is supposed to be breathable hence cooling. The problem with these mattresses is that you tend to sink a bit into them, which cushions you, but at the expense of "wrapping" (don't know how to really explain, hope you understand) you which increases the heat factor.

I think for most foam cum spring mattress, the foam will definitely sink, but to do so in five years seems a bit fast wearing. I've been using the same seahorse mattress for the past 20 years and it's only gotten slightly softer but definitely no part of the mattress has sunken in. But then again its a solid foam mattress.

On another note, I've avoided most of the furniture shops around Tampines St 81 (even though I used to stay there). Either prices are not competitive or their recommendations are a bit off. You're better off going to S&C or Hommage.

Edited by navik

Even if you get a more expensive ones and paying 4 times more but can last for over 20yrs... the value would still be the same. For me, I would rather change my mattress every 5yrs and that was why opted for Princebed rather than Dunlopillo or Simmons. I got the "Relaxation" model from Cheap Mattress Centre at Balestier (opp. Whampoa HDB flats (my in-laws staying there) and beside Quality Hotel). We actually have gone in numerous times and was having doubts at first because for one... I have also gotten my furniture and electrical items from major retailers. Every time we went the manager was very humble and honest. He was very patient in answering our questions too. Maybe you should just drop in and take a look at what they can offer you based on your preference and needs... example some plp prefers plush while others prefers firm.

1.1k for princebed? i'd rather spend few hundred $ more on a dunlopillo or four star

latter 2 are more established than the first

R u sure dunlopillo is that cheap? I recalled a friend paying about $5k for one & she was having problems with the mattress...

four star used to be very popular in the past but I guess competition is stiff.

1.1k for princebed? i'd rather spend few hundred $ more on a dunlopillo or four star

latter 2 are more established than the first

Hi nimm12,

I was trying to google up dunlopillo's contact centre here in singapore to check if they do customisation of mattress to the size that I require & was shocked to discover that they have their own fair share of complaints on mattress quality.

http://www.beds.sg/forum/showthread.php/231-Bad-Experience-with-Dunlopillo-Mattress

I don't think I would consider dunlopillo becox I have a friend who is always complaining about such issues.

Hi guys,

I m shopping for mattress n bed frames.

Anyone shopped thru online websites e.g Bedsg or furnituresg?

Feel that prices from online even cheaper than cheap Matt centre or hommage which I visited.