Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Am getting a new place and the Masterbed Room has a corner one of the sides that makes it hard to decorate. I am thinking of having:

a. making the corner into a pole system "walk in wardrobe" (L shaped in red) with a silding door or ceiling to floor curtains (in Blue). As illustrated below... Firstly, will sliding glass doors work better or curtains work better... I tend to prefer curtains as they are more flexible but not sure how practical they are...

walkinwardrobe.jpg

OR, constructing a Headboard (in Dark Blue) for my bed that acts like a screen and a storage space on the other side...

walkinwardrobe2.jpg

Would like to get some opinion of which is more practical and more pleasing... also open to other ideas of how to decorate and use that corner. Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think the second option will make your room is wider and you can put more stuffs (i love more space to put stuffs...), and if you put them as a walk in wardrobe, I think the wardrobe also not big enough for you to "walk in"..:)...

While I am not a firm believer of Fengshui... i have heard that it is not the best option. I am thinking of an open concept wardrobe (heard that Ikea has one tat is quite good.. Stolmen) and then having curtains to cover. Please share your ideas... much appreciated.

Hi,

i would prefer glass sliding door behind your bed.. as it will make the room slightly bigger.. And it will look exquisite, but the best is not to have any sliding door or curtain it will look better..Else built a partition from ceiling to floor that covers your bed length, behind the partition you may want to have a dresser or full height mirror. Mirror will make your WIW slightly bigger as well.