Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Aden Fox

Seahorse 50% Sales

Hi people, Searhorse are aving 50% sales right now.

I think is for their mattresses only.

Their mattresses are really good and priced extremely reasonably.

Read the online reviews and they are all positive.

My boyfriend and I had just bought 1. I'm intending to buy 3 more... =P Good time to buy !

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My boyfriend and I had just bought 1. I'm intending to buy 3 more... =P Good time to buy !

Not bad for now... jus went to see their sofas... so far not bad but not sure how durable the sofa will last... lol

Not bad for now... jus went to see their sofas... so far not bad but not sure how durable the sofa will last... lol

Brought my sofa from seahorse and lasted 15 month without any maintainence and it started to peel badly..

oh talk bout seahorse, had been to jurong point branch twice in the month of may 2011 and was served by two different sales persons on both occassions BUT with a Total Contrast of attitude & professionalism! both are young aunties in their late 30s or early 40s and while Agnes (if dun recalled wrongly) serves & advises amidst the sat crowd with smiles & patience, the other (with pointed chin) folded her arms & stand on the platform to warn my 6 yrs old son 'not to come onto the mattress' upon our entering into the shop (ie. exactly one wk later after Agnes' serving). gosh!...my kid was jus bypassing the mattress, and walking towards the sofas only!

wat followed was a string of one ans for one ques kinda style but the thing that made us uncomfortable was that she did not seem keen to serve, with her folded arms & strict stares on every moves we made, sometimes even voicing out 'oh all mattress same size la, dun need to take down dimension' when i was recording the... yes, dimensions of mattress but the bedframe as well. it made us feel very unwelcomed & impressed upon us that we're taking up her time unnecessarily which she can spend to chit chat with her sales girl (a young malaysian girl, but alas - gona be badly influenced with her attitude exactly the same as her mentor!)

so visit 1 (mid may): met friendly Agnes, impressed, took dimensions & promised 'shall be back'

visit 2 (3rd wk may): intended to confirm again measurement, then place order but aiyo! Agnes not around & was served by 'Auntie-No-Good'. pushed off my order therefore

visit 3 (end may): Agnes on duty & placed orders with her totally >1.3k of prodts. mattress - asked for info but kiv

visit 4 (jun week 2): 'Auntie-No-Good' again on duty when we went down after seeing Aden's info on 50% mattress sales. AGAIN...Poor Service!

on this visit 4, we realised our previously-ordered storage bedframe has actually gone up! but on the newly appreciated price - 'Promotion' tag there! ALSO, the previous prices quoted, during our visit 3, for those mattress seems to be lower than all which are on Sales!

as the sales personnel is the undesirable one plus the mattress' prices discrepancies, we decided Not to place any more orders.

jus hope those which we ordered come to us in Gd Condition - we gum xia Ti Gong liao!!!

Brought my sofa from seahorse and lasted 15 month without any maintainence and it started to peel badly..

aiyo AIYO...! dun scare me lei! my wife gona kill me liao if this happens...ordered 3-seater sofabed (180cm length) for 499, only to find out later in june week 2 that it has gone down to 318 or something! lugi 180 forget it, BUT should less than 2 yrs peel...my skin 'self-peel' oso lor... :))

Did you ask them about warranty? I went to the compass pt branch and the guy said no warranty on all mattresses? Not sure about other stuff...

Did you ask them about warranty? I went to the compass pt branch and the guy said no warranty on all mattresses? Not sure about other stuff...

hi Bluesummerayz

nope, did not purchase any mattresses fm em since we realised that the current 'Sales' prices are Higher than before-Sales'!

same goes for the storage bedframes. now i could be wrong but then again, can someone verify if 'Promotion' tag is there or some kinda 'Sales' is going on for its Queen bedframe (storage)? if so, wats the price tag? previously or rather barely a month ago it was also a 'Sales' pricing but at less than 500 bucks. current 'Sales' price?

if i'm right, then doesn't matter for those who bought at higher $$$ since wat's important is that at the point of purchase: you think the Buy is worth its price tag & you can afford it. jus hope delivery comes smoothly later on, prodts no prob + installed properly + lasting (for a reasonable amt of time)...then ok liao, give thanks...!

:) stay healthy happy more important. gana Robert that couple of hundreds should not damage your mental state of health. jus dun gana name changed to Roberto in future can liao (at least not so often la)

Edited by tuasbird

hi Bluesummerayz

nope, did not purchase any mattresses fm em since we realised that the current 'Sales' prices are Higher than before-Sales!

same goes for the storage bedframes. now i could be wrong but then again, can someone verify if 'Promotion' tag is there or some kinda 'Sales' is going on for its Queen bedframe (storage)? if so, wats the price tag? previously or rather barely a month ago it was also a 'Sales' pricing but at less than 500 bucks. current 'Sales' price?

if i'm right, then doesn't matter for those who bought at higher $$ since wat's important is that at the point of purchase: you think the Buy is worth its price tag, you can afford it, delivery comes smoothly later on, prodts no prob + installed properly + lasting (for a reasonable amt of time)...then ok liao, give thanks...!

:) stay healthy happy more important. gana Robert that couple of hundreds should not damage your mental state of health. just dun change your name to mr Roberto in future can liao

Wahahahaha smart move la :good: I bought mine at Star Furniture. Had the frame, mattress, free pillows, mattress protector, and 1 time use of mattress cleaning voucher valid for 1 year. I got the sales lady to call supplier, got some free bolsters :D complete set liao.. hahahaha

aiyo AIYO...! dun scare me lei! my wife gona kill me liao if this happens...ordered 3-seater sofabed (180cm length) for 499, only to find out later in june week 2 that it has gone down to 318 or something! lugi 180 forget it, BUT should less than 2 yrs peel...my skin 'self-peel' oso lor... :))

Hi Bird,

Don't worry about it $499 is a very good price, if you can use the item for 2 years it's still value for money.

Hi me a newbie here. Overall I think seahorse sells pretty good stuff. My aunt has been using her seahorse mattress for eleven yes as it is still as firm. In fact, IMHO too firm for my liking. Nevertheless it proves that their mattres can last long enuf. As for their range of furniture like tv console n cabinets, I find their finishing a bit off in terms of quality. ikea might have better choices. :yamseng:

all leathers need a bit of care lah...

once in a while need to use upholstery cleaner to clean & leather care to wipe it to ensure the leather is moisturised...especially in our kind of weather..

if you can find leather care..just walk to the car care section. they sure have some leather care products there...

i find their mattress excellent value for money too....my cousin's mattress is still firm after 8yrs...

their sofa i dont know yet..but i ordered mine from them lah...fingers crossed its worth the money...paid abt $660 for a 3 seater...

Edited by archenemy

Wahahahaha smart move la :good: I bought mine at Star Furniture. Had the frame, mattress, free pillows, mattress protector, and 1 time use of mattress cleaning voucher valid for 1 year. I got the sales lady to call supplier, got some free bolsters :D complete set liao.. hahahaha

wow...looks like you've got a Steal! pretty gd deal must say, Great for ya! heard Star's quality is gd & reliable. they have also ventured into designer-look kinda of furnitures under another classic brand name but forgotten wat liao. pieces look cool!

Edited by tuasbird

wow...looks like you've got a Steal! pretty gd deal must say, Great for ya! heard Star's quality is gd & reliable. they have also ventured into designer-look kinda of furnitures under another classic brand name but forgotten wat liao. pieces look cool!

hehehe tell you the truth, right now i can't even rem the brand i bought :D mind is completely blank after today's water feature adventure, and maybe i inhaled a little too much paint and thinner at the house :unsure:

Hi Bird,

Don't worry about it $499 is a very good price, if you can use the item for 2 years it's still value for money.

SamTheMan Is The Man! thanks for the consolation :)

actually don't 'lugi' as i thought initially: i 'lost' $180 on this sofa (ie. sofa bed rather) but bought the storage qn bedframe at a 'savings' of >$180 if were to compare with the price put up currently. so more of an 'offset' trade here. jus hopeful that delivery-cum-installation guys be more gentle on my floorings as well as my purchases can liao :)

yup do agree on your calculation - 2 yrs to breakeven on a sofa costing <$500...<$1 per day? :sport-smiley-004:

actually jus kidding la, no need be this specific or else life be tough cos the bigger areas of concern are out there lor :rolleyes:

Hi me a newbie here. Overall I think seahorse sells pretty good stuff. My aunt has been using her seahorse mattress for eleven yes as it is still as firm. In fact, IMHO too firm for my liking. Nevertheless it proves that their mattres can last long enuf. As for their range of furniture like tv console n cabinets, I find their finishing a bit off in terms of quality. ikea might have better choices. :yamseng:

oh me heard that statement as well fm my wife's auntie & uncle...solid still after yrs of usage. should be good la that case :yamseng: though we wld be looking elsewhere