Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tracy

Another Reno Journey In 1.5Years Gap

HELLO!

I am back after MIA-ing for nearly to a year. Decided to sell my house (5room HDB) at ubi and bought a pte property in the east too. While selling the house, lady luck was shining on me. I got a whooping 85k COV for a low storey flat. That really makes my day. Reason being, there were 2 groups of people vying for it.

Bought a 3 storey house near bedok camp area. and now discussing for renovation I can skip 1 step though. I need not source around for contractors. I will be getting my previous one as she is fantastic. Quality of the goods are good because after 1.5years, all my stuff are standing well despite the frequent parties at my house. And thanks to the reno I got an 85k=D

This time round, It is going to be a more intense renovation journey. Called Lina from Home Sweet Home. again, she never fail me with her friendly tone. Always so helpful and happy. LOL.

I will be snapping pictures of my current house, no pictures for new house for the time being. Key collection estimated to be end of june. HOORAY~

Tracy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congratulations Tracy!

Upon your good review on Lina, I am also shortlisting her as 1 of my contractors... Will make a decision soon.

That sounds great=D

Hoope you do have a wonderful reno journey.

anyway, this forum is simply too awesome. It help me alot last year when i was renovating my house.

when are you starting your reno?

Regards,

tracy

will be getting keys tomorrow, so excited. HOORAY! anyone have good movers to reccomend? TIA

Hi, I swear by Elite movers, really really good service, honest and will go the extra mile to make sure your stuff are protected. Bit more ex than other movers but for me, worth every penny!!

Thanks patsy for the advice!!

you know what, I got Shalom movers to quote, they quoted 935. I wanted to engage them, until while chatting with my contractor she ask me to compare at least one more, then i saw patsy your post. they quoted only 330!!!! I HAD A SAVINGS OF 600!!

of course, i confirmed with them on the spot. moving on this thursday. fingers crossed.

Anyway, my renovation has been separated into 2 phases. because last minute changes,

Fri, i collected my keys

Sat, fengshui master audit

And i need to move in on thurs. where my god will be moved in on tues night so meaning, we only have from sat(half day) to wednesday night to do all these jobs

1. marble polishing

2. 3 storey parquet varnishing

3. painting of whole house

4. changing of all bulbs to white

5. carpentry works

6. some electrical works

Lina was joking that everytime the fengshui master add on something, she sweat even more. haha. anyway, she said it was a challenging one with so many items within 3.5days. she only promised the 5items in front. she said carpentry got to be after that though.

I will be visiting the new house tomorrow, trust that it will be in good hands. Fingers crossed again :yamseng:

intending to do some extension works. but that will come in after I moved in. some interesting things to share:

while buying the house, the owner wanted to sell me a few stuff at a price of 10k. includes, a side by side fridge, tv console, coffee table, a few paintings and an outdoor set. its all 2nd hand though.

the last night when my contractor and her husband went to do a site survey and was telling us it is not worth it, we can get a first hand if we top up abit more. We didnt know that but trusted them la. so called the deal off.

AND, we bought a fridge EXACTLY the same yesterday at BEST DENKI. selling at 2k nett after discount. yet the seller was selling us at 1800! depsite using it for coming to 2 years. was so glad that i made the correct choice.

Now we need to buy outdoor set, paintings, water feature, tv console, coffee table, some small furnitures.

last but not least. bought an OSIM tian wang yi!!!! WOOSH! i fell in love after 15 minutes try on it. my favourite buy so far :good:

Lina has just handed over the house to me.

It's a long Reno journey which lasted more than 3 months...

Anyway, I've passed to her the digital lock contact which she has requested on your behalf...

yuan lai its you! I wanted to get one china brand digital lock cost about 760. She then mentioned that one of her customer just installed at 500 plus. ask me don waste money. HAHA

I am having a major renovation currently:)

After moving in, work dun seem to be smooth lei. So got a fengshui master and overhaul some of the rooms, basement and a few toilets. Had Lina Home Sweet Home as my contractor once again and let her propose loh.

After working with her for quite some time, find that she is a sincere person. Sometime I use very bad tone on her but she can hold it well :good:

Now I am thinking of doing wall paper for any walls. Will post pictures once I am free to visit the house coz I moved out due to the overwhelming dust. :D

Any1 with wallpaper feedbacks? or brands to recommend?

TIA

Tracy