Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi, I'm new here. but would like to know anyone engaged *****? I've engaged *****, and have some real concern. The way the ID manage the different time for the contractor to perform the works are really bad. now the renov has stretch the time allocated and carpentry work is turn out to be bad. Anyone has the same experience?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi again, looks like the name of the ID is missing here, so have it added in again. This ID ***** is giving lots of headache for us. Contract signed since almost 3 months ago, but have follow-up is very bad. Have moved in already but keys items are still outstanding. Carpentry quality is getting bad. My neighbour also with ***** and had complained about the slow works and carpentry quality also, even though, his house was done quite sometime ago. Does anyone have the same experience? Not sure what can be done about this. Anyone has any suggestion?

Again ID name is missing. Add it as Oran C. Any suggestion as to what can be done? Can anyone give us some suggestion?

Hope you've not make all the payments to them, as in fully settled the reno bill.

Hold up all the payments until the quality and stuffs are satisfactorily provided. Let's see whose gonna call who Daddy at the end of the day.

Hope you've not make all the payments to them, as in fully settled the reno bill.

Hold up all the payments until the quality and stuffs are satisfactorily provided. Let's see whose gonna call who Daddy at the end of the day.

Was innocently and rather obliging to pay the 90%. Now I'm holding on to the last 10% and not paying at all until things are right. But the time, inconvenience and patience are running out. Was thinking of moving to the next stage of legal move... but need to take up more time though :( quite frustrating....

From the way I see it, you have 2 concerns:

1) Quality of the worksmanship

2) The delays in getting the work done

Do they provide after-sales service like warranty on the worksmanship? If so, so long as they fulfill the warranty, then you won't have a case against them, and vice versa.

As for the delays, are there any time frame stated clearly on the contract, for example to finish the renovation within 2 months? In any case, I doubt so as i don't think this is a common practice, so its difficult to file against them. And, when they collecting the 3 instalments, are there any terms stating in the contract, for example:

a) 10% downpayment of the total contract sum amount upon signing of the agreement

b) 40% downpayment of the total contract sum amount upon commencement of work

c) 40% downpaayment of the total contract sum amount upon completion of tiling works

d) 10% balance payment upon general washing

If they had collected 90% of your payment without fulfilling the job stated in the contract, then this is call delay.

The contract states close to what you've mentioned. For last 10%, it states upon completion. So, I'm holding on to this till the works are satisfied. Think the common practice of not knowing the need to state the completion date is very disadvantage to us as consumer. Maybe this should be part of the regulation imposed for all contractors or ID, instead.

Maybe should start with a call to CASE for this matter first before proceeding further.

Sympathize with your unpleasant renovation encounter. You can try calling Radac also, though I'm not very sure how much they can help. Well, not all contractors / IDs are like this, it really depends on your luck and judgement on that person / firm. All the best to you and I hope you're able to get these resolved anytime soon. =)

Have made the last move. CASE has served the letter, but as usual, this Senior ID now chicken out, and hand over the renov to his boss. ***** or Orange Pod now started to defend their 'face' and threaten to bring to small claim tribunal. What crap is this so call good interior designer!

Again ID name is missing. Add it as Oran C. Any suggestion as to what can be done? Can anyone give us some suggestion?

Cheap Things are never Good Things

sugguest , STOP ALL THE PAYMENT ,

STOP ALL CONTRACTOR DOING THE HOUSE

TERMANITE THE CONTRACT IMMED.

GET ANOTHER CONTRACTOR TO DO IT . ( but for sure higher price )