Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Ha, mine will be a fairly plain apartment... yours looks much more interesting.

I really like your lights and the new side table from Forar. That's really horrid of your electrician. Did you ask for some damages or for him to fix the light?

No lah... these things happen and since it's fixable, it's all good.

is always worth logging on to renotalk now and then because some reno seen here really are noteworthy!

totally love your space and the details to complement it.

i put up some of my fav tblogs seen here on my tblog.

do check it out, scandi, minimalist.. is all there!

will definitely be back to check on your reno

Thanks! Will update more in the days to follow.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Neomesis blog led me here and have no regrets!

Love the whole feel. Not sure how much you got your ph5 lights for but they are gorgeous. Had my eyes set on a similar set in the past too but its at danish design above lorgan's. They were going for 1k a pop so this didn't materialise. Haha

Still can't believe you got the sofa from 2nd shop. What a find! Looking forward to pictures of your home

Neomesis blog led me here and have no regrets!

Love the whole feel. Not sure how much you got your ph5 lights for but they are gorgeous. Had my eyes set on a similar set in the past too but its at danish design above lorgan's. They were going for 1k a pop so this didn't materialise. Haha

Still can't believe you got the sofa from 2nd shop. What a find! Looking forward to pictures of your home

Hi sfk7. Your blog inspired me to start mine. Love your attention to detail for your place. I even tried contacting hairpinlegs.com, but the guy was not too keen to send the legs to SG.

Anyway, I got the lights from a site called Nostraforma in Germany. Ordered a few things, not sure if the cost is cheaper, but they ship to SG for a flat fee of 99 euros, so good for large orders.

Really love what you did to your place too.

A quick update for the upcoming weekend.

TV Console

We decided to save some money on our TV console and reuse our existing one instead. It's a little worn and tired but we think we can still squeeze a few more years from it. Good thing that our previous ID kept it modular and not attached to the wall. It even fits into the current decor.

One thing that I really did not like was the size of the TV. Our old TV went kaput on us a while ago and we replaced it with a 50" Panasonic Plasma (thinking that bigger is better right?). BUT it seems to suck the life out of the living room like a gaping black hole when it is off. We almost never turn on the TV whenever we have guests as it is a real conversation killer.

I believe that there is a limit to how large a TV can be and 50" is a little large IMO.

living-console2.jpg

living-day-2.jpg

The Living Room that is making me totally lazy and late for work these days....

living-night3.jpg

Night mode

Coffee table from the junk store.

Edited by JumpStreet

Hi JumpStreet,

Thank you as photos of your lightings on your brick wall have some what convience my Missy to have ours change to! It looks way better with halogen lighting and your place looks really georgeous! Smart way of "expanding" your kitchen too! :good:

Love what you have done to the place. Very nice and original. Mine is all cookie cutter.

My only indulgence is my teak TV console and dining set which we customized and will arrive next Sat.

Hi JumpStreet,

Thank you as photos of your lightings on your brick wall have some what convience my Missy to have ours change to! It looks way better with halogen lighting and your place looks really georgeous! Smart way of "expanding" your kitchen too! :good:

Glad to have helped... Do note that I have tried dimming 20W halogens and they were flickering pretty badly. Might be my light housings though, swapped back to 50Ws and they were okay.

Nice... Now I wanna see the rest of the unit! :)

Thanks! The rest of the place is pretty normal, but will take some pics this weekend. :)

Love what you have done to the place. Very nice and original. Mine is all cookie cutter.

My only indulgence is my teak TV console and dining set which we customized and will arrive next Sat.

Gotta love teak... a little less orangey than walnut but same effect nevertheless.

Gee... should have said they were Louis Poulsen's Ph5!! Haha

Anyways went to nostraforma and looked abit and found the light that i liked.

http://www.nostraforma.com/en/lightyears-concert-pendant-lamp-p-8551.html

Hmm... if only you posted this earlier :)

Still not too late to change :notti:

I think the PH lamps have a lot of thought put into them to get the right kind of light. I have seen some other forummers with the Artichoke and that's another one that I really like. Am scouring the web for an affordable floor lamp for the missus to read at night.

I am in love with the white brick walls. And the rest of your place I must say. Can you please please share who did the walls? Or at least where can I find the white bricks? It is really not too common around here.

Thanks loads!

Hats off to your originality... love what you've done, with junk shop finds to boot!!!

have been to that store in Tanjong Pagar. great place isn't it? There's another one in Rangoon Road that's full of treasures too!

Thanks sleek, am enjoying it and eagerly waiting to see how yours turns out.

Nice nickname... I got it from a shop with a signage called "We buy and sell antiques. Some fools buy and some fools sell." Can't remember the name of it though. At Tanjong Pagar.

i walk past the shop daily to work.. name of the shop is Tong Mern Sern at 51 Craig Road, beside this cafe "The Plain" (www.theplain.com.sg)

Pretty awesome living room you got there JumpStreet! Where did you get the TV console and grey fabric sofa from?

A quick update for the upcoming weekend.

TV Console

We decided to save some money on our TV console and reuse our existing one instead. It's a little worn and tired but we think we can still squeeze a few more years from it. Good thing that our previous ID kept it modular and not attached to the wall. It even fits into the current decor.

One thing that I really did not like was the size of the TV. Our old TV went kaput on us a while ago and we replaced it with a 50" Panasonic Plasma (thinking that bigger is better right?). BUT it seems to suck the life out of the living room like a gaping black hole when it is off. We almost never turn on the TV whenever we have guests as it is a real conversation killer.

I believe that there is a limit to how large a TV can be and 50" is a little large IMO.

living-console2.jpg

living-day-2.jpg

The Living Room that is making me totally lazy and late for work these days....

living-night3.jpg

Night mode

Coffee table from the junk store.

I am in love with the white brick walls. And the rest of your place I must say. Can you please please share who did the walls? Or at least where can I find the white bricks? It is really not too common around here.

Thanks loads!

Hi there! The bricks are called Craft Stone, they are about 1/4 the depth of a normal brick (they are more like tiles actually). I'm not sure where my ID got them from but I did see them advertised in Balestier.

Hats off to your originality... love what you've done, with junk shop finds to boot!!!

have been to that store in Tanjong Pagar. great place isn't it? There's another one in Rangoon Road that's full of treasures too!

Thanks patsy_sg, I have heard of the Rangoon Road shop, but haven't been there before... will hunt for it this weekend. :)

nice theme and taste you have for your house!!

saw ur undermount basin...where is it from? we intend to hv a hotel like mBr toilet as well. how much issit?

It's from Ideal Bathroom at Balestier, sink is called Ideal Standard. Can't remember the exact price, I think it's about $160 - $220.