Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i love the hotel style MBR wc! hey for the wc, issit legal to do in hdb since it says cannot do concealed? but it certainly looks very hotel like! like it!

Thanks! Not sure about the rule, best to check with some other owners on this.

i love the hotel style MBR wc! hey for the wc, issit legal to do in hdb since it says cannot do concealed? but it certainly looks very hotel like! like it!

Jumpstreet is living in a private property.

But no concealed WC allowed in HDB, unless HDB built it for you (like in Pinnacle@Duxton).

wow! congrats! The final product looks awesome!

I like the white toilet, it's so simple and timeless. Too bad ours already come with the toilet tiles and sink as it's a BTO. :(

The coffee prep area is soooo hotel! :)

love the way you did up your place! :good:

could you share what material and colour you used for the full length cupboards in your living room and the shade you used for your kitchen cabinets? Are these from Formica? thanks in advance!

cmn-toilet-3.jpg

Common toilet with perhaps the most popular toilet bowl here in Renotalk (ARINO CAPRIO). Got it from a shop along Balestier called Living Phenomenon, was quoted $580 for it and found it at other shops selling for $450 w/o GST! Felt so stupid after that.

Looked around for the Arino Caprio, actually found shops that were willing to sell it at 380-395..

Wanted to get one of them but they were out of stock :(

We like the theme and look of your place, very classy, clean and neat!

Edited by mabaricows

wow! congrats! The final product looks awesome!

I like the white toilet, it's so simple and timeless. Too bad ours already come with the toilet tiles and sink as it's a BTO. :(

The coffee prep area is soooo hotel! :)

Thanks luvalist.

love the way you did up your place! :good:

could you share what material and colour you used for the full length cupboards in your living room and the shade you used for your kitchen cabinets? Are these from Formica? thanks in advance!

We used an Oak veneer with a white spray paint over it. It's a natural Oak colour, I have no idea which brand but I don't think they are from Formica.

Simple and nice. Really appreciate your sharing, deserving of all the praises!

Looked around for the Arino Caprio, actually found shops that were willing to sell it at 380-395..

Wanted to get one of them but they were out of stock :(

We like the theme and look of your place, very classy, clean and neat!

I initially ordered the Arino Caprio but the store gave me the wrong item. When I insisted on the Arino Caprio, they said that it was out-of-stock.

Finally got it after much delay but I have a nagging feeling that they gave me their display piece as some of the stickers (the one with the PUB ticks) were very hard to remove. I would not recommend anyone to get it from where I got it from and most shops along Jalan Besar sell them cheaper.

This whole ordeal affected my completion date as well.

All the best for your reno!

The toilets

P1040961.jpg

Masterbedroom toilet. Generic hotel styled, sand tiles bathroom. Nothing noteworthy but very comfy to be in.

pano.jpg

Common toilet. Love how this turned out!

It's official. I love your loos! :bow:

Hi Jumpstreet,

Thank you for sharing your stylish house with us! I love Scandinavian & Classic Contemporary style, but worried can't be done to my 4 room HDB flat.

How do you work with both ID & Contractor separately? Does your interior designer help decorating your house or you furnish it yourself?

I'm in the midst of my renovation too and confused whether to engage contractor or ID.

Please help share your experience working with them!

Thanks heaps!!

Hi Jumpstreet,

Thank you for sharing your stylish house with us! I love Scandinavian & Classic Contemporary style, but worried can't be done to my 4 room HDB flat.

How do you work with both ID & Contractor separately? Does your interior designer help decorating your house or you furnish it yourself?

I'm in the midst of my renovation too and confused whether to engage contractor or ID.

Please help share your experience working with them!

Thanks heaps!!

Hi there,

Thanks for the compliments. Both our contractor and ID were recommendations from different friends. We liked the quality of finish for one place and the design sense of another.

Having said that, I had an idea of what we wanted to achieve and got the ID to work with the contractor. I won't say that the working relationship between the 2 parties have been smooth sailing, as they were at loggerheads most of the time, but I was expecting that as it gives me the largest options.

We ran into material problems during our reno, like doors being to light (hollow) and badly crafted door frames. But managed to resolve it.

Check around with Defelio, timothyng27, rottenramone/striking reality, frigginfuchsia, adidaem for what they have done to their HDB apartments. I think they have managed to create a Scandinavian / Mid-Century Modern style for their apartments.

We got our inspiration and decor for our place from sites like apartmenttherapy.com and freshome.com for an alternate point-of-view. Elle Decor and Vogue Living helps as well! Our ID detailed the spaces for us, but we did the decoration on our own.

Happy reno!

Edited by JumpStreet

Holy moly, JS, your home oozes awesomeness! Great job man, lovely brick walls.

This is Les, your childhood friend... :) a newbie at renotalk

I hope to put the picture of your home with evening lights in Habitat for Forår, may i please?

Hi Jumpstreet!

Thanks for replying. Freshome, Decor8, Design sponge have been my staple read for the past 1 year. It really helps in shaping the kind of house we want, but the execution is always the challenge.

I talked to few interior designer about the white brick wall, and they discouraged me because it requires frequent cleaning.

One of them said, once a week to vacuum the wall. That's a bit too much, isn't?

How often do you need to clean the brick wall?

Thanks!

Holy moly, JS, your home oozes awesomeness! Great job man, lovely brick walls.

This is Les, your childhood friend... :) a newbie at renotalk

I hope to put the picture of your home with evening lights in Habitat for Forår, may i please?

Hey Les! How are things at Forår? Been meaning to drop by to see if you've got any new stuff. :)

Let me know which shot you would like to use or any other angle and I'll take it for you. Or if you prefer, you can drop by and shoot it yourself! ha ha. Good to see you here man.

Hey Les! How are things at Forår? Been meaning to drop by to see if you've got any new stuff. :)

Let me know which shot you would like to use or any other angle and I'll take it for you. Or if you prefer, you can drop by and shoot it yourself! ha ha. Good to see you here man.

I'll use screen grab to take the image from your post :) But we definitely love to visit your home some day.

If you're free this Sunday between 10am to 1230pm, come by the warehouse. I've had it rearranged so that everything is accessible. :)