Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JumpStreet

A Simple Plan For A Simple Space

HI i wanted to get the craft wall done as well. May i know what is the price??? so did u engage contractor or ID??

Hi Jump,

I want to do the same brick wall like yours but i was quoted for $2.7k for 18ft(L) x 12ft(H).

What is your wall length and height? Do you still remember your craftbrick model?

Many thanks in advance!!

Hi all,

Sorry for the late replies... My craftstone wall was about $2.4k... but I was watching the usage like a hawk and managed to get the contractor to return a few of the leftover tiles, which got the price down to $1.8k. It think it should be about 18ft x 12ft as well (aga aga).

Initially, they made the bricks too close together. We had to ask them to remove it and leave a gap between the bricks to simulate concrete.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks... :)

Our renovation work started officially like a day before Chinese New Year. Whilst we got the keys to our place way back in Sept, I stubbornly thought that I could do the ID for it.

I finally relented in Feb when my wife suggested that we call someone in to assist in our vision of the place.

This is how it looked like after the hacking team was done and the place cleaned up. These photos show a little bit AFTER the hacking.

hacking.jpg

The Living Room with the services

heater.jpg

Our wee little 15L water heater.

We left the purchasing of heaters to our contractor. Quite surprised that it was just 15L. We shall see if it is enough for us. I'm a quick bath kind of person so it suits me just fine as it heats up pretty quickly.

The Wall

We thought that the white wall was so cool and that it'll be so unique.... BUT big news... everybody has the wall, and everybody pairs it with a set of scandinavian sofa. With pencil legs. So here's a shot of our wall being built with Craft Stone half bricks.

thewall.jpg

We found lots of examples online and even in London where there is an air of nonchalance to how they just slap on the cement and painting it over. Almost imperfectly perfect. We had a hard time trying to explain to the sub-contractors how we wanted it to be as they seem to think that we are going for a country brick wall (which we are not).

Best way to do it is to DIY I guess.

Bro, I feel in love with your pad the minute I saw it and I actually would like to, shall I say, "adopt" a similar theme.

Who was you ID as I am still on the prowl and a few of the ID I meet were not able to understand this whole Scandinavian theme.

Maybe you could PM your ID and the damage it cost you.. Thanks.

P8061094.jpg

I call this my spade. An all-in-one solution for controlling the mouse and keyboard on the Mac Mini. eBay FTW!!!

P8061105.jpg

Hi JumpStreet,

Love your place!

May I have the eBay link you purchased your spade? Thanks in advance.

No worry! I managed to find it in eBay.

Edited by albertchng

About your water heater, mind sharing what brand did you use? And what type of heating system is it? If it's not too much, could you briefly describe how the pipes are run? Water pressure?

Any water heater (electric or gas) basically only 2 water pipes connected, 1 incoming cold water and 1 outgoing hot water. Water pressure depend on your property management, you may not have any say in it.

Hi JumpStreet,

Love your place!

May I have the eBay link you purchased your spade? Thanks in advance.

No worry! I managed to find it in eBay.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I have removed the email notifications from Renotalk and don't check in here often.

I've upgraded the keyboard and mouse to the Logitech K400 as it more user friendly.

logitech-wireless-touch-k400-hands-on-0.jpg?20111128-204025

Can get it for about $60 at Sim Lim Square.

Hi JumpStreet,

Chanced upon your post today. Your place is NIIIIIIIIICE and you seem like a warm, helpful chap. I'm looking for a reliable ID for my condo in Thomson area (T.O.P-ing soon). Was wondering if you can let me know which ID you used so that I can get them to give me a quote?

Thanks and Merry Xmas in advance!

Hi all,

Sorry for the late replies... My craftstone wall was about $2.4k... but I was watching the usage like a hawk and managed to get the contractor to return a few of the leftover tiles, which got the price down to $1.8k. It think it should be about 18ft x 12ft as well (aga aga).

Initially, they made the bricks too close together. We had to ask them to remove it and leave a gap between the bricks to simulate concrete.

Hi,

Need your advise on paint for the brick wall. I was told by the painter that is is difficult to paint using the normal paint. They suggested that i use car paint. Is this true?

hi confidential,

i think the brand is Joven. http://www.jovenelectric.com/heater.html

Hi jumpstreet,

i am still considering whether 15L or 25L of storage water heater is more suitable? how is your 15L storage, do you think is enough pressure, water and constant water temperature for 10-15 minutes of shower? how much yr contractor/ id charge u for the 15L joven storage water heater?

About your water heater, mind sharing what brand did you use? And what type of heating system is it? If it's not too much, could you briefly describe how the pipes are run? Water pressure?

Hi,

Need your advise on paint for the brick wall. I was told by the painter that is is difficult to paint using the normal paint. They suggested that i use car paint. Is this true?

No, we used normal paint. It is just harder to paint as the painters can't use a roller brush.

hi confidential,

i think the brand is Joven. http://www.jovenelectric.com/heater.html

Hi jumpstreet,

i am still considering whether 15L or 25L of storage water heater is more suitable? how is your 15L storage, do you think is enough pressure, water and constant water temperature for 10-15 minutes of shower? how much yr contractor/ id charge u for the 15L joven storage water heater?

We were worried at first as 15L looked quite small. However, we soon realized that it was enough for our quick showering habits AND it is fast to heat up, about 3 mins.

Hi there, both my husband and I totally fell in love with your white brick wall! We've been surfing the net and flipping magazines and we think you've got the perfect white brick wall that we want for our house. Can we have the contact where you got the craft stones from?

pinkcubey,

hafary sells the craftstones.

jumpstreet,

are the hanging spots in your living room from lightcraft too?

Thanks for replying on my behalf :)

Yes, the spots are from Lightcraft. They are called Opple. Moderate build quality only.