Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin

Where To Buy Custom-Cut Tempered Glass And Fountain Pumps?

Hi, does anyone know where i can buy tempered glass that cuts to my required size?

And also, where can i buy a pump that gives the Max Head of 2.3 meters?

Thanks!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

u can try carlton glass (just google for it)

quality is good.

i bought tempered glass elsewhere before, cheaper but finishing not good. So shall not recommend.

Hi, thanks!

I will ask Carlton Glass to quote me.

By the way, can you also share with me the contact on the cheaper alternative?

Cos i am trying to DIY my fountain, thus the finishing can be compromise abit. Most importantly, it is durable and can save me $$ abit.

My kind of fountain looks like this...glass-fountain.jpg?Fountain

Edited by paladin

i got my fountain pump from ebay. qmax is 1.3m. there are more varieties though. pretty cheap with shipping. china product, same as those sold here in SG shops

i got my fountain pump from ebay. qmax is 1.3m. there are more varieties though. pretty cheap with shipping. china product, same as those sold here in SG shops

Hi, thanks for recommending!

I've never buy things from ebay before, is it reliable?

I did read up on pumps and do you have any idea if fountain pumps is similar to aquarium pumps but only specs different?

If so, i can go to aquarium and buy the powerful pumps.

i know of a shop in marine parade central who sells pump. i think it is an aquarium cum pet shop. maybe this might help=D

i know of a shop in marine parade central who sells pump. i think it is an aquarium cum pet shop. maybe this might help=D

Hi thanks!

I know of that shop, just beside the hawker center right?

Not sure if they got sell powerful pumps.

I will go check it out!

Thanks for recommending! =)

i got my custom-cut glass from a neighbourhood hardware shop just downstairs. maybe you can ask around your neighbourhood shops~ :)

Hey, thanks!

=))

i got my custom-cut glass from a neighbourhood hardware shop just downstairs. maybe you can ask around your neighbourhood shops~ :)

Hi marshmallow

May I know the measurement of your glass and price? Also are they able to cut a hole (for the wire to go thru) on the glass?

I was quoted $500+ for tempered glass top for study table of 9ft long (50cm depth) , almost fainted (or is it the normal price?)..also the wall backing between the study table and top hung cabinet same 9ft..another $500+..meaning i have to spend $1k+ just for the glass. Thanks!

for a rough gauge, i got my glass from Carlton glass (cash & carry) at $107 (w GST).

Dimensions: 10mm by 1800mm by 85mm. Clear tempered glass with rounded edges.

It is already very heavy. Not advisable to carry yourself for the dimensions u mention.

For your 9ft by 50cm, it sure is difficult to get into lift/car. But $500 still seems high, u might want to get a few more quotes around.

But as far as i heard, carlton does only glass.

If u want wood, u can get from Ban Heng Leong (just google). I just picked up some "lelong wood" there to play with. Their shop ard Jalan Bersah Market (lots of nice food there!) :)

Hi marshmallow

May I know the measurement of your glass and price? Also are they able to cut a hole (for the wire to go thru) on the glass?

I was quoted $500+ for tempered glass top for study table of 9ft long (50cm depth) , almost fainted (or is it the normal price?)..also the wall backing between the study table and top hung cabinet same 9ft..another $500+..meaning i have to spend $1k+ just for the glass. Thanks!

mine very small only. 40cm x 80cm, clear glass with rounded corners, 5mm thick, $27.

i didn't do glass backsplash for kitchen but i think 9ft $500 is about there from what i read in other pple's thread...

Hi marshmallow

Hi, i was quoted by my contractor about $720 for 9ft by 100cm too... Not sure of the market rate for that..