Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paladin

Where To Buy Custom-Cut Tempered Glass And Fountain Pumps?

for a rough gauge, i got my glass from Carlton glass (cash & carry) at $107 (w GST).

Dimensions: 10mm by 1800mm by 85mm. Clear tempered glass with rounded edges.

It is already very heavy. Not advisable to carry yourself for the dimensions u mention.

For your 9ft by 50cm, it sure is difficult to get into lift/car. But $500 still seems high, u might want to get a few more quotes around.

But as far as i heard, carlton does only glass.

If u want wood, u can get from Ban Heng Leong (just google). I just picked up some "lelong wood" there to play with. Their shop ard Jalan Bersah Market (lots of nice food there!) :)

wah that is definitely cheaper! Do i need 10mm for study table top? My requirement will be longer then yours but less broad (50mm). Aiyo if cannot carry myself, ask who to carry. Maybe that is y contractors/ID charge much higher, coz they need to charge labour too. Can carlton glass cut "holes" on the glass? My study table has wire hole, so i need the glass top to align the wire hole too

Thanks very much for this info!

Edited by porcupine12trade

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, i was quoted by my contractor about $720 for 9ft by 100cm too... Not sure of the market rate for that..

Wah yours is as exp as mine. i was quoted $540 for 9ft by 2ft. Any idea if i dont use glass "backsplash" for study area, what can I use? so exp just for glass. Thanks

mine very small only. 40cm x 80cm, clear glass with rounded corners, 5mm thick, $27.

i didn't do glass backsplash for kitchen but i think 9ft $500 is about there from what i read in other pple's thread...

Even for your size, $27 is reasonable, multiply by 9x, $200+. 5mm is suitable for "topping" table top?

wah that is definitely cheaper! Do i need 10mm for study table top? My requirement will be longer then yours but less broad (50mm). Aiyo if cannot carry myself, ask who to carry. Maybe that is y contractors/ID charge much higher, coz they need to charge labour too. Can carlton glass cut "holes" on the glass? My study table has wire hole, so i need the glass top to align the wire hole too

Thanks very much for this info!

10mm was recommended by the staff there.

i originally wanted 8mm (follow IKEA's thickness) but cost difference was like $10. So i just go with the staff's recommendation.

Yes, they do cut holes in the glass. I saw many pieces of glass at the factory there waiting for collection.. Carlton glass can get people to arrange transport for you, but it does not come cheap. I forgot the exact price, i think i was quoted $80. So glass cost $100, but delivery $80??

:P so i act gung ho and carried it with wife. We both vowed never to do it again! for your glass size, if it cannot go into a lift, then really jialat liao....

Wah yours is as exp as mine. i was quoted $540 for 9ft by 2ft. Any idea if i dont use glass "backsplash" for study area, what can I use? so exp just for glass. Thanks

Oh, so the price is roughly there... i thought my contractor purposely want to chop carrot head... hehe...

Erm... what is backsplash? You want to consider using Acrylic to replace the expensive glass? =)

Hi thanks!

I know of that shop, just beside the hawker center right?

Not sure if they got sell powerful pumps.

I will go check it out!

Thanks for recommending! =)

can try the aquarium shop at clementi blk 328 for pumps. its near mrt station.

10mm was recommended by the staff there.

i originally wanted 8mm (follow IKEA's thickness) but cost difference was like $10. So i just go with the staff's recommendation.

Yes, they do cut holes in the glass. I saw many pieces of glass at the factory there waiting for collection.. Carlton glass can get people to arrange transport for you, but it does not come cheap. I forgot the exact price, i think i was quoted $80. So glass cost $100, but delivery $80??

:P so i act gung ho and carried it with wife. We both vowed never to do it again! for your glass size, if it cannot go into a lift, then really jialat liao....

wah thank u very much for letting me know all these! basically i need at least 2 pcs of glass with holes... and i was quoted $500+ for each piece...so its $1000+ for 2 pcs. if I go to carlton and rough estimate 1 pc $200..2 pc only $400..and if they transport for me $150..its $500+..still save $500!! wah...thank u thank u.

yup i also dont dare to carry such big pc of glass... so i need to check if they help me carry to my place. i live on the 5th floor, so lift cant get in (i need to mock up cardboard n try the lift), climb stairs?! hahah

Oh, so the price is roughly there... i thought my contractor purposely want to chop carrot head... hehe...

Erm... what is backsplash? You want to consider using Acrylic to replace the expensive glass? =)

mine is ID price, i tot contractor should be cheaper. backsplash? i learned from marshmallow :), its the glass that cover the wall adjacent to the study table. Acrylic? ooh good idea...y din i think of it .. thanks, will check out the price.

anybody knows what the price for clear glass which usually placed at wardrobe?

I think normal clear glass is not expensive. You can check out Ikea for those standard cut sizes or need to go glass maker to custom cut one.