Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smilem

Kitchen Cabinet - Standard Practice

HI, i m new here.. i need some prof. advise.

lately i renovated the house.. i didn;t realise this problem until lately i keep finding croaches & ants around my kitchen cabinet.

We hardly cook and always keep the kitchen clean up..

One day.. i bent down to trace the croaches ...i found tat my kitchen cabinet and the slab (i tik is called)... has a gap... and the croaches jz crawl in there.. i was surpised. I tot the kitchen cabinet should b[e 100% sit on the slab. This slab was newly erected. Attached isthe photo i took..

Can any prof. advise me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

lately i renovated the house.. i didn;t realise this problem until lately i keep finding croaches & ants around my kitchen cabinet.

One day.. i bent down to trace the croaches ...i found tat my kitchen cabinet and the slab (i tik is called)... has a gap... and the croaches jz crawl in there.. i was surpised. I tot the kitchen cabinet should b[e 100% sit on the slab. This slab was newly erected. Attached isthe photo i took..

Can any prof. advise me.

friend you forgot to put in the photo....

you mean there is a gap between the cabinet and the cabinet base with tile finish?

HI Therat

txs for your info ...

ttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/kitchencabinet1.jpg/

kitchencabinet1.jpg

Edited by therat

Hi smilem,

Welcome to Renotalk. Wa your pic dun really look good. There shouldn't be any gap.

Jaskel

Hi smilem,

Welcome to Renotalk. hmmm... That dun look like the standard practice. I suppose the slab you are talking about is the mortar base where the kitchen cabinet sits on. There should't be any gap. The cabinet shld be laid flat on the base and sealed.

Mike

If the floor is un even, contractor shd at least inform u and use silicon to seal up the gap! That's totally unacceptable.

Can any prof. advise me.

Usually this is cause by the levelling of the concrete mortar base.If its leveled...the cabinet should seat on it

with just little or no gap at all.

From the picture....this gap is too much.But from what i see from the picture..carpenter added a strip of wood

underneath the cabinet(usually not).

May have to take a whole picture of your kitchen cabinet to have a look :)

Edited by papaedmund