Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Chriswl

Aircon For 5 Rooms Hdb

Hi,

We are currently using Toshiba Inverter aircon for our 4 rooms and it has served us very well for the past 7 years :)

This November'11, we will be shifting to a 5 rooms HDB and therefore seeking comments and advises on below brands :

1) Toshiba Inverter

2) Daikin Inverter

Hope to hear some comments and advises from you, Thank you in advance :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

We are currently using Toshiba Inverter aircon for our 4 rooms and it has served us very well for the past 7 years :)

This November'11, we will be shifting to a 5 rooms HDB and therefore seeking comments and advises on below brands :

1) Toshiba Inverter

2) Daikin Inverter

recently i also sourcing for aircon and was told that Daikin inverter no more stock due to recent Japan earthquakes. The expected shipment will be end of the year. However, Courts did have some existing stocks but not sure now. check it out.

recently i also sourcing for aircon and was told that Daikin inverter no more stock due to recent Japan earthquakes. The expected shipment will be end of the year. However, Courts did have some existing stocks but not sure now. check it out.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

May I know have you confirm which brand of aircon you are using? Mind sharing?

i am using mitshibishi inverter, cheap and good and quiet and cold

system 3 only $2700 inclusive gst and install and upgraded thicker copper pipings/insulation

;)

Hi nimm12,

Is the Mitshibishi aircon you have installed under Starmex? The one promoted by Jackie Neo?

My In-Law and both Sis-in-laws installed Starmex Mitshibishi, and they commented not cold enough.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm also looking for aircon system 4....

I think Mitshibishi is not bad leh.

I'm also looking at Daikin system 4...

Not sure where to buy and where to get a good price...

Hi nimm12,

Is the Mitshibishi aircon you have installed under Starmex? The one promoted by Jackie Neo?

My In-Law and both Sis-in-laws installed Starmex Mitshibishi, and they commented not cold enough.

Kindly advise. Thank you.

From one of the ID which was recommended by my hb's customer, who installs aircon. He told us that if you want very cold aircon, have to increase the btu value. Of course, the higher it is, the ticks will decrease. And my hb ask his customer, and it is true. So i guess, it is hard to get a balance over there.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

May I know have you confirm which brand of aircon you are using? Mind sharing?

sorry. was out for the whole of last week. yes. i've installed toshiba system 4 which is a couple of hundred dollars more than Mitsubishi Starmex.

I use Toshiba inverter system 4 too. so far so good; cold even turning on all 4 at once, quiet, cooling up rate is fast too. I think its worth spending few hundred dollars extra...

Hi,

1) Toshiba Inverter

2) Daikin Inverter

Just wondering why do u want to change brand when Toshiba Inverter system have been serving u well. I used Toshiba inverter system at my old place and my new place. Been very reliable. I installed a system 2 and a system 3. Actually it all depends on how big your place is. The air con people should be able to give u better advise with your floor plan. But heard Mit Starmex is good, very easy to clean. Maybe u can consider that if u r a very hands on person.

yah starmex energy saving 4 ticks

mine is cold even at minimal setting eg 25degC in quiet mode, installation done by BCA-approved aircon company

maybe your in-laws installation wasnt done properly, can get aircon people to check gas pressure to see if there's any leakage

did they use the thicker copper and insulation?

Hi nimm12,

Thanks for your info. Not very sure whether did they use thick copper and insulation, will check with them over the weekend. May I know what is the reason for thicker copper and insulation?

From one of the ID which was recommended by my hb's customer, who installs aircon. He told us that if you want very cold aircon, have to increase the btu value. Of course, the higher it is, the ticks will decrease. And my hb ask his customer, and it is true. So i guess, it is hard to get a balance over there.

Hi MingzhuAng,

Yes, total agreed with you. Headache... :unsure:

Hi steveong, yumiko and JeanL,

Thanks for your feedbacks. Glad to hear that after so long, Toshiba Inverter aircon is still good. Maybe I should stick back to Toshiba :D

Just wondering why do u want to change brand when Toshiba Inverter system have been serving u well. I used Toshiba inverter system at my old place and my new place. Been very reliable. I installed a system 2 and a system 3. Actually it all depends on how big your place is. The air con people should be able to give u better advise with your floor plan. But heard Mit Starmex is good, very easy to clean. Maybe u can consider that if u r a very hands on person.

Hi JeanL,

Sad to say, I am a LAZY bum :) I would prefer to take a contract and ask the aircon servicemen to help me clean the aircons.

May I know how big is your floor area and how much you spend on the aircons? Mine is 116sqm, thinking of installing system 2 and a system 3.

Hi JeanL,

Sad to say, I am a LAZY bum :) I would prefer to take a contract and ask the aircon servicemen to help me clean the aircons.

May I know how big is your floor area and how much you spend on the aircons? Mine is 116sqm, thinking of installing system 2 and a system 3.

Hi Chriswl,

Can i ask what do u mean by installing system 2 and system 3. I just bought a resale 5 rm unit. With 3 aircons in 3 bedrms. Am thinking if i should install in living room. My question is if i would like to install, Do i have to remove the existing 3 aircons? to install a sys 4? Or can just add another sys 2? Could anyone pls advise? Thanks much!

Regards