Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mabaricows

Mabari House

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow your living room look very unique

Thanks for the kind words.. :)

I love it! Rich, luscious and verdant! Natural materials feel heavenly in the home. :D

We've actually added in some plants! 3 small pots and 2 big pots..

Will be posting pictures later tonight.. :)

Thank u for the compliments!

Me and the hubby want to have bathtubs in both bathrooms (if possible) - the MBR bathroom and the common bathroom. We love a good soak at the end of a long day! And it's easier to bathe the kids if they're confined to a small space... :rolleyes:

We actually managed to get a small soak.. Hahaa.. We bought a kiddy blow up pool which could fit in the shower area.. Just 30cm high though.. :P

Mabaricows, it's v nice!

The use of strong floor tiles' colour is bold. With the lightings thrown down plus the smartly-chosen furnishings in place, I thinketh this living room had been very Tastefully done up!

Yes it is probably The Only One of its kind here in Singapore any can find, n it's uniquely beautiful!

Wah, like a certain MP, I also don't know what to say. You're too kind with your words, we just have a comfortable cosy place, no way its a one of a kind place.. Thank you..

I have to say, your daring choice of floor tiles has paid off! It goes really well with your Indo furniture! :) v v v nice!

Thanks for the 3 v's! Hahaa.. Everything has come along nicely, tiles and the furniture.. I think we got lucky as we didn't really plan much.. Here's hoping your reno will have as much luck!

It worth to see your last result :good:

Thanks man, couldn't have done it without your help. Everything's ok now, no more rusting and everythings' fine. :thumbs up:

Edited by mabaricows

Harlows again! :)

We've finally moved in and sorted things out.

Moving is a freaking pain. To everyone out there who hasn't moved, please, use movers. I nearly died trying to move everything myself.

We still need to get a few more cushions, wifey's books aren't fully here yet and the bookshelf is still in a mess.. However, here's what we see everyday.. :)

2011-09-07_21-57.jpg

Our dining table with 2 potted plants and a cat. We need to vacuum the table cloth often because maomao likes to lounge around on it..

2011-09-07_21-56.jpg

Our living room area, got the big plant from Far East Flora, its called a China Doll.. hehe..

2011-09-07_20-49-32_786.jpg

Another view of the living room, with the windows in view..

2011-09-07_21-07-55_556.jpg

Maomao and a "tie shu" (name of the plant)..

2011-09-07_20-54-49_224.jpg

Maomao on the suar wood table, she tries now and then to bite the leaves.. Haha..

Thanks for looking! :yamseng:

i must say..ur house looks really nice...I love the mood of ur house. Very comfy, relaxing feel, esp with the plants in. Think ur maomao gonna love it....so cute. U make me feel like to get one maomao in my future house...haha

Wow! :jawdrop: Though (and with respect here) my personal preference is always for a bright white house, I must say that your home has all the right ambience, mabaricows. It is so meditatively calm filled with wonderful tranquility and serenity. Hehe, I feel so much peace just admiring your house.

Hi, your apt looks really unique! Who cares what others say as long as you both get max enjoyment out of it (oops, I mean you three, not forgetting maomao of course!). I travel alot to indonesia for work & your deco reminds me alot of the houses here. Congrats on your beutifully unique new home!

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area Embarking on an exciting journey to create my dream apt

It's a home sweet home for maomao too! So cozy...Love maomao to bits....

Maomao took a long time to adapt, didn't eat for a full 24hrs.. Went into hiding and slunked around the house with her belly dang near the ground. Now queen of the house though. Haha.

It's not usually the style I'd go with but I really like what u have done with ur place. The floor n the plants add a rainforest feel to it!

Haha! Its the look we had in mind when we chose the Forest Green Tiles.. Glad it worked out and that it doesn't only look nice to us. Hahaa... Quite reassuring, thanks.. :P

i must say..ur house looks really nice...I love the mood of ur house. Very comfy, relaxing feel, esp with the plants in. Think ur maomao gonna love it....so cute. U make me feel like to get one maomao in my future house...haha

If you think its relaxing, wait till you sit on the floor and look at the maomao.. She's sleepy most of the time and tends to make people drowsy as well.. Hahahaa..

Add a mao to your family! You won't regret it! :thumbs up:

Wow! :jawdrop: Though (and with respect here) my personal preference is always for a bright white house, I must say that your home has all the right ambience, mabaricows. It is so meditatively calm filled with wonderful tranquility and serenity. Hehe, I feel so much peace just admiring your house.

Thanks Reiki :)

Wifey loves your place, its her dream house cause she likes white spaces.. Too bad for her.. She married the wrong man.. Bahahahaa.. :P

We're still quite dissatisfied with lots of things and will keep trying to improve the feel of house further, thanks for the encouragement! :)

Hi, your apt looks really unique! Who cares what others say as long as you both get max enjoyment out of it (oops, I mean you three, not forgetting maomao of course!). I travel alot to indonesia for work & your deco reminds me alot of the houses here. Congrats on your beutifully unique new home!

My Dream Home - 4 Room In The Central Area Embarking on an exciting journey to create my dream apt

Hahaa.. Thanks calliecats.

We weren't really going for the Indo look but our main pieces of furniture were shipped from Bali, so inadvertently, our decor ended up that way. Not complaining though, it ended up quite nice..

YAY!!!! you've moved in! congrats! it's looking lovely and lol.....! i lurve how maomao crashed into most of yr pixs! she IS the queen! just like our bailey, he too a whole 24 hrs to get used to our new place... HE stressed us out as the moment we moved in he jumped towards the window grilles and clung on to it! was really dramatic.. NOW?! he is bloody king.... (a least i know the hse not haunted la..you know pets are sensitive) As docile as Bailey is... i was shocked to see him hiss at one of our neighbours.... he HAS NEVER done that to anyone... so my husband and I believe he knows something that we don't!

YAY!!!! you've moved in! congrats! it's looking lovely and lol.....! i lurve how maomao crashed into most of yr pixs! she IS the queen! just like our bailey, he too a whole 24 hrs to get used to our new place... HE stressed us out as the moment we moved in he jumped towards the window grilles and clung on to it! was really dramatic.. NOW?! he is bloody king.... (a least i know the hse not haunted la..you know pets are sensitive) As docile as Bailey is... i was shocked to see him hiss at one of our neighbours.... he HAS NEVER done that to anyone... so my husband and I believe he knows something that we don't!

Thanks frigginfuchsia :)

I think both maomao and bailey had a real tough time adapting to the new surroundings.. My silly cat was transported to the new house in a cardboard box and took a whole hour before she actually decided to come out of the box and take a walk around.. After which she slunk around like a lizard and went for the darkest and nearest corner, refused to come out.. She also refused to drink from a new water bowl.. hahaa.. we had to change it back to the old one.. dang cat.. :P

good to know both cats are comfortable in their new surroundings and both our places are not haunted! Cheers to that! :yamseng:

Dropped by today and saw yr finished home! Very nice!!! How can the plants survive maomao?? My plants are always attacked by my 2 kitties in my old place, once, i had a huge pot of pandan leave plant on the balcony and they stripped it bare in just a few days ohmy.gif These days they are not going anywhere near anything green and alive...

Here's baby and bru bru saying hi hahaha

kittiesq.jpg

Haaa... cute la! the top left picture was taken when he was a kitten? Looks small!

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Maomao and the plants are coexisting quite well now.. No more biting of leaves, at the beginning she did bite a few leaves and pulled out a few small bits of cactus but now its all good. Think she likes having the plants around too.. yay to that.. :thumbs up:

Haaa... cute la! the top left picture was taken when he was a kitten? Looks small!

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Maomao and the plants are coexisting quite well now.. No more biting of leaves, at the beginning she did bite a few leaves and pulled out a few small bits of cactus but now its all good. Think she likes having the plants around too.. yay to that.. :thumbs up:

Sooooooooo nice to hear abt mao mao and plants coexisting!!! mine will never leave them alone :( even if they are poisonous.. The pics were all taken last wkend la, camera angle again : )))