Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mabaricows

Mabari House

Hi, could I ask how did you manage to buy n import your furnitures from Bali to Singapore? Is the total cost (furnitures's price n shipping fee) reasonable compared to buying furnitures in singapore? I love your choice of furnitures n didn't realize it is possible to buy furnitures oversea..... Well, haven't owned a flat yet but soon...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey piknik, buying furniture from Indonesia or other countries is possible. All you need to do is to maybe go for a short holiday, go look around and choose what you want. Sourcing for a shipping company to help you deliver the items won't be too hard, just Google for international movers or shipping companies that do door to door deliveries.

On the other hand, you could also do some online browsing of furniture from exporters at Alibaba.com if you're the risk taking kind.

The prices are quite reasonable compared to getting equivalent pieces here. The solid suar wood coffee tables for example, would cost quite a few thousand here. Buying and shipping over from Bali costs much much less..

Hey piknik, buying furniture from Indonesia or other countries is possible. All you need to do is to maybe go for a short holiday, go look around and choose what you want. Sourcing for a shipping company to help you deliver the items won't be too hard, just Google for international movers or shipping companies that do door to door deliveries.

On the other hand, you could also do some online browsing of furniture from exporters at Alibaba.com if you're the risk taking kind.

The prices are quite reasonable compared to getting equivalent pieces here. The solid suar wood coffee tables for example, would cost quite a few thousand here. Buying and shipping over from Bali costs much much less..

thank you. i just heard abt ppl buying curtains n furnitures from Guangzhou bc there are many mega factory-wholesale buildings over there.

Haven't posted in quite a long time, just wanted to talk about a recent incident at home.

We went on holiday for a couple of weeks, asked parents to come over daily to look after maomao, feed her and clear her potty.. Water our plants..

Guess what, the folks left some of the windows opened a few days and it was the rainy season. When we came back, we found slight mould on a few pieces of furniture (wood) and also fruit fly pupae on the kitchen floor.. Yes, pupae.. At least 50 of them, seriously gross.. Parents totally did not see anything nor did they know what happened..

So, moral of the story.. Don't leave your windows opened during the rainy season if you have wooden furniture or cat food/poop lying around.. >_<

Oh.. I'm so sorry to hear that? So did u just get rid of the pupae by urself or do u need to hire some professional to help u check the whole place etc? Hope everything is good now..

Oh.. I'm so sorry to hear that? So did u just get rid of the pupae by urself or do u need to hire some professional to help u check the whole place etc? Hope everything is good now..

Yeah, we got rid of all the gross stuff by ourselves and did some major cleaning afterwards..

They were squishy and gross so we used sticky tape to stick them up.. Good thing was that they were pupae, not maggots and thus stationary..

Here's a pic of some tape after we stuck a bunch of them.. Kinda harmless..

IMG_4350.jpg

Yeah, we got rid of all the gross stuff by ourselves and did some major cleaning afterwards..

They were squishy and gross so we used sticky tape to stick them up.. Good thing was that they were pupae, not maggots and thus stationary..

Here's a pic of some tape after we stuck a bunch of them.. Kinda harmless..

IMG_4350.jpg

oh my :jawdrop: ...goosebump all over me when i saw this pic.

glad that everything is good for u now...

Edited by pinkwhale

To you guys out there who also want to keep a nice indoor plant at home..

Might be a better idea to just have "tie shu" instead of this China Doll plant we had..

We tried our best but its pretty much gone now, lasted quite some months.. Sad la..

tree.jpg

Hi Mabari, just came across ur blog and I must say that ur place looks reallllllly cosy. Love it! :)

I have 3 little maomaos at home too, and still having a headache w the furniture selection! Yeah..like basically everything revolves around the naughty ones. By the way, i saw a bookshelf in ur living room, doesnt maomao knock the things over?

Hey wendily, thanks!

Having maos at home sure makes the reno process tricky huh.. Almost all decisions for the living room had to be done with the cat in mind..

Our maomao is 10 years old this year, she doesn't really do a lot of climbing or exploring and our book shelf is safe from her.. Hahaa..Actually we place books/things strategically so she can't even get onto the 2nd tier..

Just saw your reno, wow.. Love the space and the windows.. Droolsome!

My wife is dang jealous.. lol..

Hahaha..tell ur wife nth to be jealous abt..we havent done any reno yet. Was so busy with work until there's no time to plan reno. Now have take the little ones into consideration. They're worse than little monkeys, knocking everything over..haiz..(but no regrets, really love them lots.become their slave le..haha)

Ur maomao sure doesnt look 10! Still a v pretty girl (or boy)!! :)

Hey wendily, thanks!

Having maos at home sure makes the reno process tricky huh.. Almost all decisions for the living room had to be done with the cat in mind..

Our maomao is 10 years old this year, she doesn't really do a lot of climbing or exploring and our book shelf is safe from her.. Hahaa..Actually we place books/things strategically so she can't even get onto the 2nd tier..

Just saw your reno, wow.. Love the space and the windows.. Droolsome!

My wife is dang jealous.. lol..

Sooo..

We got ourselves a pool table :sport-smiley-004:

Wanted to put it in one of the spare bedrooms at first but cue kept hitting the wall hahaa so end up put in living room :D

20120518_212112.jpg

hi

how do you keep your cats safe from jumping out of windows? I am looking for aluminium or stainless steel insect screen with aluminium frame, which looks nicer and can keep my cats safe but cannot find. Most companies only sell magnetic insect screen or fibreglass which are not strong enough. I prefer insect screens than grills as they do not obstruct my view. thanks!

hi

how do you keep your cats safe from jumping out of windows? I am looking for aluminium or stainless steel insect screen with aluminium frame, which looks nicer and can keep my cats safe but cannot find. Most companies only sell magnetic insect screen or fibreglass which are not strong enough. I prefer insect screens than grills as they do not obstruct my view. thanks!

Hahaa.. No particular solution for us, just happens that we do not like grilles and our cat is a scaredy cat. We used to try not having windows opened unsupervised, until one day we left it open and saw birds perching around nearby doing the usual birdy stuff they do. Cat just sat around looking slightly interested. Pretty passive cat we have here and thus no issues with windows and jumpy cats. :sport-smiley-018:

Hahaa.. No particular solution for us, just happens that we do not like grilles and our cat is a scaredy cat. We used to try not having windows opened unsupervised, until one day we left it open and saw birds perching around nearby doing the usual birdy stuff they do. Cat just sat around looking slightly interested. Pretty passive cat we have here and thus no issues with windows and jumpy cats. :sport-smiley-018:

i see.. well but I rather not take any chances. I will continue to look around somemore for options :)