spidt09

Producing Marriage Cert >3Months

i understand that i need to produce the marriage cert more within 3 months from collection of key.

we are only getting married come next year which is around 6 months from now.

thus, my agent told me to write an email to hdb for the extension.

out of curiosity, hdb will usually allow an extension of how long for us to produce the marriage cert?

Edited by spidt09

Dun worry. As long as u can produce some form of evidence like even booking of banquet to proof that u will b married, then HDB is fine.

No need whatever letters of extension. HDB juz requires evidence ESP if u hv got the grant. There r terms and conditions on the grant so pls note. A black and white is good but do not lose sleep on this matter. As for how long, HDB replies will still b within 3months on completion.

Get yr agent to pen the letter for u as this is their job...

Dun worry. As long as u can produce some form of evidence like even booking of banquet to proof that u will b married, then HDB is fine.

No need whatever letters of extension. HDB juz requires evidence ESP if u hv got the grant. There r terms and conditions on the grant so pls note. A black and white is good but do not lose sleep on this matter. As for how long, HDB replies will still b within 3months on completion.

Get yr agent to pen the letter for u as this is their job...

yeahhh he's doing for me. just asking since wanna know usually how long hdb can 'give chance'. "idle mind likes to tink of unnecessary stuffs" haha.

side track abit.

another curiosity question.

if already signed the exclusive agent form as buyer.

what happens if still never get a house i like after 3 months? the contract will auto terminate, auto renew or terminated upon request?

Edited by spidt09

U are very kind to sign it! Frankly, any form of contract signed, you should disallowed it to b auto terminate. In other words, a, black and white is more appropriate though now CEA did state that it's auto. However, some agents can still b so smart n include terms which u had overlooked.

If your agent is helpful, honest and hardworking, no harm giving him/her a chance and analyze y u still failed to get a flat after 3months? There are not many agents who r willing to serve buyers in this HOT market already so finding a gd representative for yourself is very important.

Furthermore, u will still need someone who could deliver proper documentation and powerful negotiating power on yr purchase!

U are very kind to sign it! Frankly, any form of contract signed, you should disallowed it to b auto terminate. In other words, a, black and white is more appropriate though now CEA did state that it's auto. However, some agents can still b so smart n include terms which u had overlooked.

If your agent is helpful, honest and hardworking, no harm giving him/her a chance and analyze y u still failed to get a flat after 3months? There are not many agents who r willing to serve buyers in this HOT market already so finding a gd representative for yourself is very important.

Furthermore, u will still need someone who could deliver proper documentation and powerful negotiating power on yr purchase!

in the agreement, CEA did mentioned that if buyer were to buy a house recommended by the agent which TS signed exclusive with within 3 months after the termination of contract. he will still be liable to pay for the agent's commission. true?

i understand that i need to produce the marriage cert more within 3 months from collection of key.

we are only getting married come next year which is around 6 months from now.

thus, my agent told me to write an email to hdb for the extension.

out of curiosity, hdb will usually allow an extension of how long for us to produce the marriage cert?

Just some proof that you are getting married will be fine.

E.g. If Church wedding, can get pastor to write a letter to certify.

Or banquet receipt, note or watever.

Up to 1 year deferment.

my own experience, HDB officer did not chase after me for the marriage cert, so after i got married also did not send her a copy. :P

my friend is the best, his officer totally forgot about him. Their flat has passed the MOP but still have not ROM yet!

so depends on officer's forgetfulness as well. :)

my own experience, HDB officer did not chase after me for the marriage cert, so after i got married also did not send her a copy. :P

my friend is the best, his officer totally forgot about him. Their flat has passed the MOP but still have not ROM yet!

so depends on officer's forgetfulness as well. :)

Wah, my officer super on the ball then. I got married on a Saturday, then the following Monday, HDB wrote to me to produce marriage cert.

I deferred producing cert for 4 months, showed the officer my banquet booking, which was sufficient proof.

Wah, my officer super on the ball then. I got married on a Saturday, then the following Monday, HDB wrote to me to produce marriage cert.

I deferred producing cert for 4 months, showed the officer my banquet booking, which was sufficient proof.

wah your officer very on...:lol: my hubby was the very on one... we got married on Saturday, few days later quickly sent HDB the cert.

i deferred for 5 months, just show banquet booking like you. another friend of mine deferred for 10 months.

another friend's experience: sent HDB the cert right after wedding, now already married for a few yrs and baby also 1 yr old liao, suddenly HDB wrote to them asking for the cert. my friend sent them as per request and 2 months later, HDB wrote AGAIN to ask for the cert :rolleyes:

I also deferred, for 7mths.

Submitted the banquet contract to HDB.

My fren whom also deferred, got his flat for nearly a yr.. so far, HDB haven't asked them for cert. LOL

wah your officer very on...:lol: my hubby was the very on one... we got married on Saturday, few days later quickly sent HDB the cert.

i deferred for 5 months, just show banquet booking like you. another friend of mine deferred for 10 months.

another friend's experience: sent HDB the cert right after wedding, now already married for a few yrs and baby also 1 yr old liao, suddenly HDB wrote to them asking for the cert. my friend sent them as per request and 2 months later, HDB wrote AGAIN to ask for the cert :rolleyes:

Would like to revive the thread as it is over 4 years old.

Anyone has ideas on deferring ROM cert? We are getting our house by 3/4th quarter this year and are looking to ROM only May next year.

Are the officers as lenient now?

TIA!