Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
angelbutterfly

我家四个宝宝 和 1个王后

Hi angelbutterfly,

Pop over to see the piping problem you mention in my thread. From your picture, i think the piping worker does not have a proper bending tools that why bend until like this. Seem these day people does not take pride in what they do. :rolleyes: This is the problem my dad and i have forseen so that why we have request for elbow joint in the 1st place and it will be easy to maintain in later stage also.

Hi aegis, tks for reply n I still hope that I can see more pics posted by others..I hate it when I hear it's like that one when I had stainless pipes from 8yrs ago n I can see mah..

I read up online n got mention too much elbow also not good n might hv water leakage in future...

Let's see how they rectify this issue..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey Jonnybravo!

That's a gd one! Contractor dumbfounded n apologetic now! He promised to rectify it. Yes, tiling is GREAT so I try to give n take but then I already emphasize - those can see must b NICE! Plumber came up with a solid excuse - the bend machine was old n will get new one 2moro!

I also told him - yes, I am woman but doesn't mean I am ignorant....Some things cannot means cannot! Hubby said dun penalize on 1 issue so ok, let him rectify it n we shall see how..

Poor thing!

Yeah, I met an ID like that fairly early on in my search as well. At first, she seemed fairly nice and appeared eager to take on the job. But the layout plans that she came up with were just weird... to us anyway! Things were located in rather strange places and the final quote was quite a good deal above our stated budget. So, we explained to her (in detail) why we didn't like her ideas but that we were willing to still consider her as our ID if she could re-do her suggested layout for our home. That's when she turned nasty (and childish). She whined about "how much she had already done for us" (huh? really? other IDs did more - including AutoCAD designs free-of-charge - and they never complained even when we turned down their ideas), that these layouts were simply a "demonstration of what she could do" (er... if what you can do is not what I want or like, then why should I hire you, right?), and that she "didn't like to be nagged at / told what to do" (excuse me?! is this your home or my home? considering how much I'm paying you, I think I have the right to be slightly fussy about my future home!).

Sigh... Anyway, it's lucky that we learned early on that we just weren't compatible. It would have been much worse had we actually hired her to work on our home, only to suffer much more grief later on. :good:

Can I know who this id is so can avoid in my search? I saw your blog, is it the same one?

Yup. All joints will leak eventually. Avoid any joints at all cost if u are going to conceal it. The bending can be better.

Hi aegis, tks for reply n I still hope that I can see more pics posted by others..I hate it when I hear it's like that one when I had stainless pipes from 8yrs ago n I can see mah..

I read up online n got mention too much elbow also not good n might hv water leakage in future...

Let's see how they rectify this issue..

Impossible = I'm possible!

Actually it's not tat I am being fussy or difficult..ID/contractor shd take pride in their work! Anyway, I know that workers r still employees so I won't scold them. I juz wasn't happy that the contractor told me that it's impossible to bend properly n I over exaggerated on my previous home stainless steel pipes...Y shd I? I was juz dumb not to hv pics of previous home to show nia...

I do not enjoy arguing over small issues n prefer to get things done...Hence, a pic from a fren is enough n FULL STOP!

Tks to those who kindly read my blog and gave me support n solutions...I am going on a slow pace for Reno as I want to make sure that things r right before we moved on since ID/contractor always said cannot CHANGE!

HAI..... Angel i went to see my house this morning.... & my pipes in the MBR toilets are like yours!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!

Jon........

Jon - oh oh..how? I got mine to b rectify after I show my contractor the pics! As my bathroom r doing industrial, I won't b conceling any pipes so I am very particular!

Anyway, it's the skill n the bender the workers used which caused the wrinkled joints...I am quite firm person when I requested a redo, I meant business...

8 yrs ago I used these stainless steel clips for my stainless steel water pipes n it still looks so gd! Now I am using them again! As my water pipes r exposed, these would definitely look better! Not cheap at $1plus per clip...However they r really $ well spent!

ebd210ca.jpg

I hv to compliment the plumber for drilling the clips so neatly!