Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Newie-X

Aircon Piping In Concealed Wall Need To Be Changed?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aircon piping in concealed wall need to be changed, say after 10 years?

Rule of thumb:

If you've just bought the house and system installed > 5 years, better take this chance to change the system & piping while doing reno.

if your conceal piping is thinner type for non-inverter and u intend to change to inverter, better upgrade to thicker copper and insulation

Mitsubishi stated that their inverter aircons can use existing non-inverter pipes

• Like 1

When I changed aircon the trunking was also changed because the new aircon guys would not give any warranty for leaks etc unless the trunking was changed

Aircon piping in concealed wall need to be changed, say after 10 years?

Do a pressure test to detect leakage, if all goes well, leave it.

frankly, older pipings are better in quality.

What you need to know is there are difference sizing for aircon pipings.

Mitsubishi can use old pipes, others also can (but will give u a hissing sound)

• Like 1

Dear All,

The refrigerant piping are made of copper, it is advisable to change the pipe when you change the Air Conditioning system. It is because the moisture or foreign particles may contain within the piping: that will harmful to the compressor, and also, the refrigerant gas are not approved type if installed years ago.

Sometimes because the pipe are concealed on the wall, it is very difficult and time consuming to change the pipe, so the contractor

will suggest not to change.

For proper method of installing the piping, the chipping particles shall be clear away form the pipe, Blow the pipe with nitrogen gas;

connect the pipe to the condenser coupling joint, Vacuum the pipe system with nitrogen gas while shut off the valves inlet N outlet to the compressor. The charge in the refrigerant gas of R-410 as approved by the Authority.

Galantnice, do you have any recommendation of reliable contractor on cleaning the internal piping so as to prolong its useful life? I imagine it will be very costly to reinstall conceal aircon piping.

can try this guy, CS Soh Aircon, 8614xxxx .. he performed servicing on my aircon for hari raya and provided me with advices on what caused the leakage and gave an estimation when to change the pipes on pros/cons if I want to add a compressor for my living room..