Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
babytan

Furkid & Baby Kayden & Us Small Cosy Place Again!

Welcome to renoblog! I only use Matt tiles for whole house n I am loving it! No sticky feet anymore! Previous Reno was glossy n I felt sticky all the time :o

FYI, my living n bedroom r all cement lookalike tiles...We do have something in common!

As for dark bathroom, it's really dark so u have to consider the pros n cons as u have young kid. My twin boys r already 13yrs old n they love orh orh everything with warm light though...

kakakak ya lo sticky feeling though the floor is clean...hahahah

my current house is gloss and i duno why keep tinking tat the floor is sticky, dirty esp the white gout, now is BLACK gout ahahhahaha

i have been to my cousin house and she used matte tiles too, am loving it!

hope we made the right choices, the living matte is like a little light grey as my theme for living will be BLUE (due to FS issue) hope can match too

as for bathroom, i dun mean very dark la, as you see the floor tiles is kinda of black with dots of reds and shimmer, so if light light gloss grey tiles can match?? but i tink i go for tinted fixed panel, never use before, duno how it will turn out

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wow $1099+ rice cooker

Thank god i didnt bought it from those "boy boyz" HN/BEST

But they do come with free 3/5 yrs warranty hmm...

Now im still looking for aircon hehe~

wow $1099+ rice cooker

Thank god i didnt bought it from those "boy boyz" HN/BEST

But they do come with free 3/5 yrs warranty hmm...

Now im still looking for aircon hehe~

oh now the promo is FOC rice cooker and duno 3 or 3+2 years warranty (I cant remb)

normally is 1 year

i tink you go and check out their store to get more info

i got my AC from All best at IMM

but their warranty only 1 year as compared to Gain city 3+2 somthing like tat

price difference about 300-400 so you decide whether you want extended warranty or not hahah

i am a risk taker lolzz 8|

welcome back babytan, wish you a smooth reno ahead. matte floor tiles are safer too cos not as slippery :)

hi sleek, did we ever chat previously? your current reno is the no. wat house liao? hahaha

babytan, never chat before la, you mentioned you are back to RT blog, so i'm welcoming you back? laugh.gif

kakakakak i know la, just visited your thread but your 3D page wat?

your new flat around jurong west?

@babytan,

Uhh seems good deal for the fridge.

But do you find the design for freezer is harder to access? where you got to bend down n pull the compartment out instead of opening from the corner?

I feel that the design is awesome with 4 "ticks" with bigger capacity but still thinking if my mom need to bend down to pull the latch out to access the freezer may hurt her back~ :rolleyes:

Visited BEST @ IMM also but they do not carry Mitsubishi system 4. Saw Panasonic system 3 only.

yes they warranty not as good compare to Gain but again...heard some problems with Gain installation contractor ... :unsure: ohh yeah and we need to top up $150 for the "steel bracket" and need to pay extra to upgrade the piping?

might as well contact Aron haha from Renotalk for best deal hehe

Well babytan, any more pictures to lure us :dribble:

oh yeah, only 2nd home la! hahahah got not much nice 3D so i didnt post loh, i'm quite upset with my reno guy for this but bo pian he got a lousy 3D artist so draw more also no use! so far the work is being done on time and well so at least no worry there for us. it's not west, but east

Edited by sleek

@ Terencetcw

FRIDGE

hmmm i would say i prefer this fridge as good size, inverter tech, a bottom freezer etc reason being:

1) my current fridge of 9 years is the 1st generation and same line (bottom freezer) tink is panasonic (now they are national panasonic bah hahahah)

2) i am in my early 30s so no problem with bending down

3) i seldom cook, the most take fish from freezer for my son's porridge. the other thing i would take from freezer is ICE CREAM :sport-smiley-004:

my current model: open door and pull out individual compartment

the new model: pull out door with 1 of the big compartment attached

so it really depend, but i tink quite siong for older folks to squat or bend ah??

but if top freezer hor, also not easy for them since they stock up lots of frozen food. they may need to pull everyting out to get something inner

maybe bring your mum to go test drive la

AC

yes SS bracket add $150 (Aron add $128)

he quoted me same model $2699 + 2 trips + $128 SS bracket

i went ALL Best

$2699 for system 3, SS bracket, 2 trips BUT

1 year warranty and 60mths for trunking

if want add extended warranty, $299 for 2 or 3 years

3Ds next week leh, my ID say very busy now 8| am starting to hack on 1 nov, duno enough time or not

eh, you guys got any good reco place to get sanitary wares and lightings?

i went to budget lighting but their selection very limited, if say

Whole house lights $1500

whole house sanitary $2300

cheap or not?? my last reno was 3 years back, i am actually a bit lost now :o

@babytan,

Whole house lights $1500

U haven see my quote from Sanitary hunt hehe

Can view my T-blog for more on my sanitary hunting but it still depends on your liking

eg. some ppl prefer not too exp sanitary appliances but prefer quality yet "affordable" ones.

1)Song Cho will be better quality cos is uses SS instead of chrome

2)Some get IKEA where is stated SS but it will rust very fast (maybe they are using lower grade SS quality)

3)Jalan Besar vicinity you can find lots of stuff there ...with fancy design price range seems to be ok

4)If you go for quality > design > price then i might suggest Grohe & Hansgrohe

Just my opinion~ :rolleyes:

p/s: Mine sanitary quote was >$4k but i have not pay the deposit yet hehe :rolleyes:

@babytan,

Whole house lights $1500

U haven see my quote from Sanitary hunt hehe

Can view my T-blog for more on my sanitary hunting but it still depends on your liking

eg. some ppl prefer not too exp sanitary appliances but prefer quality yet "affordable" ones.

1)Song Cho will be better quality cos is uses SS instead of chrome

2)Some get IKEA where is stated SS but it will rust very fast (maybe they are using lower grade SS quality)

3)Jalan Besar vicinity you can find lots of stuff there ...with fancy design price range seems to be ok

4)If you go for quality > design > price then i might suggest Grohe & Hansgrohe

Just my opinion~ :rolleyes:

p/s: Mine sanitary quote was >$4k but i have not pay the deposit yet hehe :rolleyes:

Not sure about this, but does quality really matter? I thought it is quite affordable to buy from IKEA and just change when they rust or something.

Just don't see the point of going for higher quality sinks, taps and stuff. Isn't it a waste of money to spend so much on small items like these?

yamseng.gif

dining.jpg

dining1.jpg

hi guys, which is nicer?

think i will get sanitary and lights from budget lights as i went to jalan besar yesterday, price wise, budget lights is giving me better offer

i dun think we are going for very good quality kinds, mid range will do

this basin and tap only $149

basin.jpg

anyone heard of ORIN WC? sales told me this is european brand wor, 1 or 2 piece ok with me, most impt is that the sides is flat for easy washing (hope you understand wat i meant)

wc.jpg

3Ds 1st Draft

looks abit boring hor, but safety more impt as i have a very x 100 active toddler....

already asked ID to make some changes to console and kitchen

living.jpg

kitchen.jpg

masterroom1.jpg

bedroom.jpg

Not sure about this, but does quality really matter? I thought it is quite affordable to buy from IKEA and just change when they rust or something.

Just don't see the point of going for higher quality sinks, taps and stuff. Isn't it a waste of money to spend so much on small items like these?

yamseng.gif

It depends on what item is in question

Things like floor lamps, dinin table, sofa etc

Because we do not need to attach with screws, adhesives etc and most likely always got new models and new technology to supercede, so buy moderate price can already.

While other things like sinks, fittings that need to drill hole to attach usually ppl want a "do it once do it good" attitude. Because imagine if need to change, need to either be restricted by dimensions or drill new holes etc.

Might be too difficult. Drill new holes = more holes.... Use back old holes also scared the hole gets loose.

U know la holes after awhile of drilling and re-drilling will become loose ma (no pun intended)

Edited by Simontsh