Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
listensea

Types And Number Of Downlights

Got a headache here.

So many types of downlights in the market, dunno which to buy. Need them in my balcony, living and dining.

Balcony - 3.8M x 1.5 (2 points)

Living - 6M x 3.8M (L box - 10 points plus cove lights)

Dining - 4M x 3.5M (false ceiling - 4 points plus 1 hanging light)

Went lighting.com.sg once. Pretty much like their Genie series FBG304 1x14W $33 each without ballast. Like the design and what I saw on the metre reading abt the power consumption difference. But I see so many people buying at least 2x13W, 2x18W or 2x14W. I wonder if I buy only 1x14W, it would be enough. Yesterday called them, they say the 1x14W is equivalent to 75W of traditional lighting?? Really?? If that is the case wouldnt one of such light be able to substitute 2 of those 2x18Wlights!! Sigh.. does tt mean i could have actually installed lesser lighting points? Unfortunately, I have already installed my lighting points based on the advice from 2 shops and electrician as above. But from what i read here, many people seems to be installing many lighting points as well.

I hope to hear ur experience on your own installation or any advice on how you made your downlight choice. I would love to hear from the philips users and those who have initially considered it and subsequently bought something else..I read that not only philips has this type of w/o ballast but other brands too..

Also, does anyone here mix LED downlights with PLC/those using E27? My idea is to save more electrical bills BUT with the high price of the LED downlights and not being sure of the brightness, I am not prepared to change everything to LED...

Edited by listensea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Got a headache here.

So many types of downlights in the market, dunno which to buy. Need them in my balcony, living and dining.

Went lighting.com.sg once. Pretty much like their Genie series FBG304 1x14W $33 each without ballast. Like the design and what I saw on the metre reading abt the power consumption difference. But I see so many people buying at least 2x13W, 2x18W or 2x14W. I wonder if I buy only 1x14W, it would be enough. Yesterday called them, they say the 1x14W is equivalent to 75W of traditional lighting?? Really?? If that is the case wouldnt one of such light be able to substitute 2 of those 2x18Wlights!! Sigh.. does tt mean i could have actually installed lesser lighting points? Unfortunately, I have already installed my lighting points based on the advice from 2 shops and electrician as above. But from what i read here, many people seems to be installing many lighting points as well.

I hope to hear ur experience on your own installation or any advice on how you made your downlight choice. I would love to hear from the philips users and those who have initially considered it and subsequently bought something else..I read that not only philips has this type of w/o ballast but other brands too..

Also, does anyone here mix LED downlights with PLC/those using E27? My idea is to save more electrical bills BUT with the high price of the LED downlights and not being sure of the brightness, I am not prepared to change everything to LED...

You can try visiting saveOne for LED lighting. The price is not so expensive; range from $30 to $70.

Agree, try visiting SaveOne, bought my whole house lighting from them. LED down lights, LED ceiling lights & T5s.

Total cost only slightly about 1100, value for money

Where is saveone?

Agree, try visiting SaveOne, bought my whole house lighting from them. LED down lights, LED ceiling lights & T5s.

Total cost only slightly about 1100, value for money

Hi siongboon and Phintastic

Care to share the service and product of saveone?? Looking at their led downligh range..

Which showroom got more varity to choose.. Care to share how much u bought from them..

If not convient to post here can PM me... Thank...

downlights meaning general lighting I would use 2 X 18w plc.

my cove would be 5050 led indoor strip....

LED MR16 DL replaces halogen.... same kind of brightness....

so far normally what I have switched on are my LED strip lights....

My master does not have any downlights, all replaced by LED strip (indirect lighting)

My kitchen only has 5Nos of 2X 18W PLC and i only swtiched on once in a while..

While my cooking area has LED strip which I constanly uses...

Toilet i use a LED MR16 DL. That's bright enough...

Seriously depending on what you really want to achieve....

I am living in a HDB Standard 3rm flat and so far I have yet to totally switch on all my PLC DLs.

My whole house light colour is warm white... my parents conplain that it's too dark....

but in actual fact, they are brighter then the cool white colour...

Got a headache here.

comparing with the normal PLC, it's never be as bright.....

Hi All,

If my living room is 6m by 3.6m. If i were to install 10 x 8-9w LED downlights(PLC lookalike). Will this configuration be bright enough for a living room?