Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
patsy_sg

Opennet Dilema

The seller of my new place had OpenNet installed in what was his living/dining room, but we're converting that into a large dry kitchen, with build in cabinets, so obviously the Opennet termination box will need to be moved out before my build in cabinets can go in. I spoke to OpenNet, they said the earliest their contractors can go and move the box is October, no considerations, no exceptions. So I told them no can do, because I cannot wait for them to finish my house. The woman I spoke to said, go ahead and build your cabinets and call us in October to relocate the point (charging me a f*cking $450 to do so!!) I told her I am not going to do anything until I get written confirmation from you company that you will not require me to dismantle my cabinets to get the original box... she said she's can't do that. I've escalated my issue to her supervisor who is supposed to call me back within 24 hours.

Other than taking the bloody thing out myself, what else can I do???

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Suggest you have it relocated by your electrical contractor as you have to pay regardless who does it and you won't have to wait.

I've the opposite problem, seller of my flat didn't install open net as a partition wall was installed. I don't know how to solve it. Will start figuring it out after moving in.

Edited by hAPPy889

The seller of my new place had OpenNet installed in what was his living/dining room, but we're converting that into a large dry kitchen, with build in cabinets, so obviously the Opennet termination box will need to be moved out before my build in cabinets can go in. I spoke to OpenNet, they said the earliest their contractors can go and move the box is October, no considerations, no exceptions. So I told them no can do, because I cannot wait for them to finish my house. The woman I spoke to said, go ahead and build your cabinets and call us in October to relocate the point (charging me a f*cking $450 to do so!!) I told her I am not going to do anything until I get written confirmation from you company that you will not require me to dismantle my cabinets to get the original box... she said she's can't do that. I've escalated my issue to her supervisor who is supposed to call me back within 24 hours.

Other than taking the bloody thing out myself, what else can I do???

I have similar problem like you. They charge me around $200+ for relocation. Can't remember the $200+ is it the same as new installation. End up cut off the fiber cable and dismantled the box out from the wall.

Keep calling oppenet to get u an earlier date.. I called openet in may, they say earliest is sept..

I told them my Reno cannot wait, they ask me do conduit which according to my contractor will break coz have to go thru many beams.

After several calls, they manage do for me in late June but coz of them, my Reno delayed 2 weeks which was still ok.

Openet sub sub contractor came, I complain to them, they say ya la openet kaysiao 1, always do dat & last min can get slot..but then sub sub con can do..

Dunno how many sub openet got, he oso say cost to lay is much lesser than $200 but coz so many sub, each want a cut of the profit.

Dun get unlicensed electrician do coz next time got fault openet might nt wanna be responsible, also they use some kinda high tech equipment for testing & laying the tb box, according to them, the machine cost tens of thousands, which normal electrician would not have.

need to ask some question regarding this.

Does openet referring to fibre optic cable?

If i choose starhub for my internet, does it mean that they will run a fibre cable to the point i want?

Does openet referring to fibre optic cable?

Yes

If i choose starhub for my internet, does it mean that they will run a fibre cable to the point i want?

Don't think Starhub can do the fiber cable laying.

Base on my understanding.

Openet IC of fiber cable laying

Starhub/M1/Singnet is service provider.

Yes

Don't think Starhub can do the fiber cable laying.

Base on my understanding.

Openet IC of fiber cable laying

Starhub/M1/Singnet is service provider.

Oic. So did you install open net? I heard that they are giving free installation for the first few meter, is it true?