Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samsamwch

Roof Terrace Ideas Please

Hi forumers,

Need some help here. My condo mcst told me that they are planning legal action on those units who has built trellis on their roof terrace. They say they will use the bye-law of spoiling facade as reason..that's crap..and they say no awning as well. That's more crap.

Anyway, in the absence of trellis and therefore no ceiling fan on roof terrace, how can I still have alfresco dining during lunch time under hot sun or under rainy days? Umbrellas? Carry stand fan in and out every time? Hilarious.

Welcome your ideas contribution, please.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi forumers,

Need some help here. My condo mcst told me that they are planning legal action on those units who has built trellis on their roof terrace. They say they will use the bye-law of spoiling facade as reason..that's crap..and they say no awning as well. That's more crap.

Anyway, in the absence of trellis and therefore no ceiling fan on roof terrace, how can I still have alfresco dining during lunch time under hot sun or under rainy days? Umbrellas? Carry stand fan in and out every time? Hilarious.

Welcome your ideas contribution, please.

Ask the MCST how the **** is building a trellis spoiling the facade of the condo. Unless your trellis is build until the edge where it can be view from ground floor. Or is he referring to the facade from an helicopter view.

Ask the MCST how the **** is building a trellis spoiling the facade of the condo. Unless your trellis is build until the edge where it can be view from ground floor. Or is he referring to the facade from an helicopter view.

****, mcst told me that facade is from helicopter view.. I don't know what to say.

The wind on the roof terrace can be very strong. I don't think it's a good idea for the umbrella tables to be left open all the time (maybe open it only if you are using the table?) I suspect at some point, it might get blown over. I've got some potted plants (pots that require 2 men to carry) and they have been blown over in a thunderstorm.

If you can't construct a trellis, what about installing a plant stand horizontally and getting some creepers to grow over it? :) It's not a trellis and it would provide some shade on a sunny day. Wouldn't work on a rainy day though.

The wind on the roof terrace can be very strong. I don't think it's a good idea for the umbrella tables to be left open all the time (maybe open it only if you are using the table?) I suspect at some point, it might get blown over. I've got some potted plants (pots that require 2 men to carry) and they have been blown over in a thunderstorm.

If you can't construct a trellis, what about installing a plant stand horizontally and getting some creepers to grow over it? :) It's not a trellis and it would provide some shade on a sunny day. Wouldn't work on a rainy day though.

Good idea.

****, mcst told me that facade is from helicopter view.. I don't know what to say.

Tell your MCST have they get the clearance for the air space to get the view 1st or not.

Different condos have different rules and regulations on the renovation. U need to get the copy of the renovation requirement first to understand what are the Do's and Don'ts. These issues can raised up during AGM as things can be changed. As I'm known of, some condos ground floor do not allow trellis or awning or polycarbonate to be built due to facade under the by-law, but due to some issues(pot falling down, etc..), residents on the ground floor built their own polycarbonate, and overturn the by-law. Some condos' Penthouse have the regulation of building of awning/polycarbonate etc... not more than 2m from the roof terrace.

Different condos have different rules and regulations on the renovation. U need to get the copy of the renovation requirement first to understand what are the Do's and Don'ts. These issues can raised up during AGM as things can be changed. As I'm known of, some condos ground floor do not allow trellis or awning or polycarbonate to be built due to facade under the by-law, but due to some issues(pot falling down, etc..), residents on the ground floor built their own polycarbonate, and overturn the by-law. Some condos' Penthouse have the regulation of building of awning/polycarbonate etc... not more than 2m from the roof terrace.

Thanks. The reno rules only says no awning of any design. Didnt say ground floor or roof terrace. Yesterday, condo MCST manager told me they are preparing a CONDO AUDIT to list out all "illegal" installations.

I wonder which condo has regulation that allow building polycarbonate < 2m. This is very smart cos <2m from existing wall got no GFA impact. I want to submit a private petition during next AGM in April.

I am not sure if they can do that, even if police wanna come to ur house also need a search warrant. MC or the MA can suka suka conduct condo audit? So you are paying them maintenance fees to distrupt ur peace? Hmmmm

Thanks. The reno rules only says no awning of any design. Didnt say ground floor or roof terrace. Yesterday, condo MCST manager told me they are preparing a CONDO AUDIT to list out all "illegal" installations.

I wonder which condo has regulation that allow building polycarbonate < 2m. This is very smart cos <2m from existing wall got no GFA impact. I want to submit a private petition during next AGM in April.

As I'm known of, actually there quite a no of condos.

I am not sure if they can do that, even if police wanna come to ur house also need a search warrant. MC or the MA can suka suka conduct condo audit? So you are paying them maintenance fees to distrupt ur peace? Hmmmm

Thanks Liverpool. I like your style.

Hi Forumers,

Need certified electrician to add 6 outdoor power points and 6 outdoor lighting points. Do you know roughly how much it will cost and got any lobang?

Thanks !

Regards,

Samsamwch