Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
edeimar

My 1St Home. 5 Room At Amk.

Hi all,

I just got my place, and looking to totally make over it. Attaching the original floorplan and some of the layout I have in mind. Comments/advice/suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.

floorplan.png

floorplanner9.jpg

floorplanner2.jpg

Edited by edeimar

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello! Welcome to RT!

We looked at your original floorplan and thought that the beam for the dining area was in the way. Thought of swapping the areas for the bedroom and dining area. Then scrolled down and saw that you had the same idea.. hahaa.. hdb really not giving us much choice right :P

Hello! Welcome to RT!

We looked at your original floorplan and thought that the beam for the dining area was in the way. Thought of swapping the areas for the bedroom and dining area. Then scrolled down and saw that you had the same idea.. hahaa.. hdb really not giving us much choice right :P

Hi! Yup. I didnt like the idea of the dinning and living room being so disconnected from each other (cant really see from one room to the other due to the beam). I am concerned that by swapping the areas for bedroom and dinning, the air flow for the entire place will be disrupted though. Now, its quite windy as air can flow from dinning windows (south) to living room windows (north)

Have a look at the MBR toilet. Giving me a lot of problems.. The space between the pipes is 60cm. Wanted a nice vanity area with a big mirror.. Any suggestions?

DSCF0796.jpg

Edited by edeimar

Big place u got n good layout! My two cents worth: don't place your bedhead against the toilet, bad fengsui and also noisy when pp flush! Better to have your bed facing the window so that u wake up to some nice views!

Big place u got n good layout! My two cents worth: don't place your bedhead against the toilet, bad fengsui and also noisy when pp flush! Better to have your bed facing the window so that u wake up to some nice views!

haha. the only person flushing will be my wife, since its just 2 of us.. fengshui hmmm.. need to think abt it. Thanks!

Have a look at the MBR toilet. Giving me a lot of problems.. The space between the pipes is 60cm. Wanted a nice vanity area with a big mirror.. Any suggestions?

If there is space/budget, would you consider boxing up the pipes? I know some people don't like to... but seems to be the only way plus I think the exposed pipes are in a really awkward location.

I read from a book that facing window is bad FS too. Perhaps bed against the right-most wall? I prefer the wardrobe layout in the 1st pic and if you place the bed against the right wall, can also consider to have more wardrobe/cabinet for storage along that wall cos I noticed that you don't have a store room?

As for the dining area, I would either:

1. Switch BR3 with dining as you have shown, or

2. Keep dining in that area, and build a breakfast/counter all across where the entrance of the kitchen is until the support wall. For support wall build a feature there either mirror or cabinet (again, since you don't have a storeroom...). And then knock away the wall between the kitchen n dining for a big open space/entrance to kitchen via dining room... hmm... not sure if such a layout would make sense but since I've already typed so much just give my cheap 2 cents lar. :P:):rolleyes:

Good luck with your reno!