Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
danard

What Brand Of Power Drill/Screwdriver Is Good?

Hi,

Wanted to install the bracket holder for my curtain rail. Have been shopping around for power drill/screw driver set. Saw the familiar brand like black & decker etc. Can you help recommend the brand of the power tool that is good to own for DIY/ house maintenance. Few points that I would like to consider are the functionality (whether it work well on metal/wooden parts), durability, interchangability (can hold various drill/screw head), price etc. Seldom use the power tool before we own our first house. Hence, will be grateful if you could share your experience. Thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

me uses makita hammer drill, works like a charm. When the going gets tough, activate the hammer function. :)

makita power driver for screwing screws into wood directly as well.

As for working on different parts, u just need different drill bits. Simply check with a friendly hardware store guy.

Price wise i think $160+ for hammer drill (with cord) and $150 for cordless power driver.

used a lousy drill before, cannot make it. Some bullmaster or wat brand...

I'd have to agree with gimz... Drill to get would be Makita or Bosch. For concrete walls, get those with hammer function for greater ease.

Hi. Thanks for recommendation. Checked the harware store for these gears. Seemed like I'm running into some problem here.

To cut the story short, I'm trying to install a L bracket support to hold my curtain rail **** hall & bedroom. Just found that it's quite a challenging task right now. In the bedroom, my contractor install a L-box along the ceiling and the vertical wall distance in between is like 1.5in only. As I understand the tool must be pointed in perpendicular to the wall, right? The L-box is kind of blocking the way now.

For the L-box in living hall, it's worse. Contractor did open up a rectangular space at the L-box around the window, but it doesn't seem to allow the power drill/driver to position itself in perpendicular to the wall. Any idea to get around this problem?

Hi. Thanks for recommendation. Checked the harware store for these gears. Seemed like I'm running into some problem here.

To cut the story short, I'm trying to install a L bracket support to hold my curtain rail **** hall & bedroom. Just found that it's quite a challenging task right now. In the bedroom, my contractor install a L-box along the ceiling and the vertical wall distance in between is like 1.5in only. As I understand the tool must be pointed in perpendicular to the wall, right? The L-box is kind of blocking the way now.

For the L-box in living hall, it's worse. Contractor did open up a rectangular space at the L-box around the window, but it doesn't seem to allow the power drill/driver to position itself in perpendicular to the wall. Any idea to get around this problem?

mm .. I dont see anyway to help this leh.

Seriously very difficult to do since there isnt any space.

depending on the weight, you might as well try liquid nail or some other glue stuff instead.

Those BLACK & DECKER hammer/impact drill may not work as the current concrete walls (new flats with aircon ledge type) are way harder than before. You probably can only drill in 1cm deep and you're stuck after that.

I bought a hammer/impact drill with the hammer function and realized i going nowhere after 5mins of hard drilling...then i went for a BOSCH rotary hammer. JOB FINISHED in 5 secs for a 4cm deep hole.

FYI, the best is to installed the brack for the curtain before you install the L box coz u dun have enuff work space length for your drill. In your situation since your L box is alrewadi up, you will have to opt for the ceiling mounted curtain holder.

I am using Hilti TE2a cordless...

Very powerful hammer action...

I have got a few Bosch Drills works perfecly well too...

Depending on what you really need...

If you dun like exstentions all over the place... Hilti's the best choice...

As for Batt Operated drivers, if dun need much torque, I suggest the taiwanese brands... small little things...

But if you need torque, a makita will work very well

http://www.makita.com.sg/subproducts.asp?id=1&prodID=41 (Model DF030DWE)

http://www.hilti.com.sg/holsg/page/module/product/prca_catnavigation.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-386909 (Model TE2A)

mind showing some pics? its a bit too hard to imagines those things u talking about. sorry

I am using Hilti TE2a cordless...

Very powerful hammer action...

I have got a few Bosch Drills works perfecly well too...

Depending on what you really need...

If you dun like exstentions all over the place... Hilti's the best choice...

As for Batt Operated drivers, if dun need much torque, I suggest the taiwanese brands... small little things...

But if you need torque, a makita will work very well

http://www.makita.com.sg/subproducts.asp?id=1&prodID=41 (Model DF030DWE)

http://www.hilti.com.sg/holsg/page/module/product/prca_catnavigation.jsf?lang=en&nodeId=-386909 (Model TE2A)

Wah..how much is your cordless hilti?

**** nice.

you can go directly to hilti and ask...

Mine's under fleet management because of the jobs i do...

I have the others like TE6A etc etc....

go to kelantan lane or ubi....

1 thing i like about hilti is they have got the best customer service...

Wah..how much is your cordless hilti?

**** nice.

Get a cord instead of cordless. You don't want to drill until half way and battery flat.

Cord is more reliable although the convenience is not there..

actually i have been using hilti cordless for the longest time...

even when the battery runs out there is another...

and best thing is that it takes 30mins to charge a bettery

Get a cord instead of cordless. You don't want to drill until half way and battery flat.

Cord is more reliable although the convenience is not there..

hi guys,

i wanna buy one that can drill through concrete walls...

any recommendations? can pls provide brand and model number so i can easily get from home fix or buy and fix or any hardware stores?

thanks in advance :thumbs up: