Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
archenemy

Wmf Knives

Ya, being eyeing the Shun Yanagiba sashima knife.

Anyone bought em.

It's a sashimi knife .. I guess it's not very common for people.

Maybe you can be the first to give feedback :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's a sashimi knife .. I guess it's not very common for people.

Maybe you can be the first to give feedback :)

If you see me in the kitchen, it can only be 2 things. Either I am making Tamago Yaki with my rectangle pan, or cutting sashimi. Its not easy to sharpen a one side edge sashimi knife. Currently blade is 10" looking for something like 11" one.

Cos some of the Salmon I bought especially those that are more than 2kg are really broad.

So you need a long blade to remove the skin. By the way, its okay to leave some salmon on the skin, especially those dark meat. I use spoon to scrap them off, but those normal salmon, keep em, they are they best esp, the one near the toro....

If you see me in the kitchen, it can only be 2 things. Either I am making Tamago Yaki with my rectangle pan, or cutting sashimi. Its not easy to sharpen a one side edge sashimi knife. Currently blade is 10" looking for something like 11" one.

Cos some of the Salmon I bought especially those that are more than 2kg are really broad.

So you need a long blade to remove the skin. By the way, its okay to leave some salmon on the skin, especially those dark meat. I use spoon to scrap them off, but those normal salmon, keep em, they are they best esp, the one near the toro....

wow!

you seem to be knowledgeable abt sashimi..

wow!

you seem to be knowledgeable abt sashimi..

What to do? My family of 5, all love sashimi. Once in a while, I will order from those supplier that supply to hotel/restaurant in 1 carton of like 10 air flown salmons, and we split among colleages. cost like $25 ~ $28/kg. For Chinese New Year, it is a must.

The most diffiult cut is the toro, but taste the best, the tail is an easy cut, but my kids dun mind unlike me.

What to do? My family of 5, all love sashimi. Once in a while, I will order from those supplier that supply to hotel/restaurant in 1 carton of like 10 air flown salmons, and we split among colleages. cost like $25 ~ $28/kg. For Chinese New Year, it is a must.

The most diffiult cut is the toro, but taste the best, the tail is an easy cut, but my kids dun mind unlike me.

wow..okok..

you really must love sashimi so much! hahaa...

wasabi leh? buy from supermarket?

wow..okok..

you really must love sashimi so much! hahaa...

wasabi leh? buy from supermarket?

Wah, you chim le. think i go grind down the japanese horesradish. No lah just buy from Meidiya in tube..

Got mood, put some radish below the salmon, never put the shiso leaf also la..

think what, my kids eat faster than my cut.

best way to eat is to apply some wasabi on the meat, then dip into the soy sauce.

That way you get to taste the full flavour, not by mixing wasabi into soy sauce.

What, I start to get hungry liao.